2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Old September 26th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael

Default 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

"GILL" > wrote in message
> Michael wrote:

>>> What a **** box
>>>
>>> Michael

>> I have two cars. The one of interest here is my 2001 Zinc Yellow Mustang
>> Premium.
>>
>> IMHO, anything that cost more then its worth is a ****-box.
>>
>> My brand new 1990 5.0 LX at $ 12,700 was a great GREAT car. Probably one
>> of the best values to date. My 2001 GT Premium at $ 27,500 out the door
>> was a good value. The 2009 Mustang similarly equipped as my 2001 is
>> $33,000 before fees/taxes. This new Mustang is now in the **** BOX
>> category. I wont be buying another one.
>>
>> The ZR1 IMHO is a **** Box. You shoudent have to spend like that for
>> fun and performance.
>>
>> Michael

> Hum, I paid 22K OTD for my new 2000 GT prem.
> What does that make yours again

Just about a $HIT BOX !

Michael

Old September 26th 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael

"dwight" > wrote in message
> "Michael" > wrote in message

>>> What a **** box
>>>
>>> Michael

>> I have two cars. The one of interest here is my 2001 Zinc Yellow Mustang
>> Premium.
>>
>> IMHO, anything that cost more then its worth is a ****-box.
>>
>> My brand new 1990 5.0 LX at $ 12,700 was a great GREAT car. Probably one
>> of the best values to date. My 2001 GT Premium at $ 27,500 out the door
>> was a good value. The 2009 Mustang similarly equipped as my 2001 is
>> $33,000 before fees/taxes. This new Mustang is now in the **** BOX
>> category. I wont be buying another one.
>>
>> The ZR1 IMHO is a **** Box. You shoudent have to spend like that for
>> fun and performance.
>>
>> Michael

> This makes no sense.
>
> $27,500 in 2001 IS $33,000 in 2009... Try to keep up.
>
> dwight
> (old fart, but aware of his surroundings)

The fully loaded 2009 by me would be 35k out the door. $7,500 bucks more
then the 2001 was. At that price it makes it a full fledged **** BOX.

Michael

Old September 26th 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kruse

On Sep 24, 1:48 am, "Brad and Karen" > wrote:

> Wicked car. As soon as I have a bald spot, I intend to get one.

LOL! If anybody has a desire to spend that much money on a sports car,
you may as well get a GT.
That car you can drive around without wanting to get a bald spot.
Old September 26th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_3_]

"Michael" > wrote in message

> "dwight" > wrote in message

>>> I have two cars. The one of interest here is my 2001 Zinc Yellow
>>> Mustang Premium.
>>>
>>> IMHO, anything that cost more then its worth is a ****-box.
>>>
>>> My brand new 1990 5.0 LX at $ 12,700 was a great GREAT car. Probably
>>> one of the best values to date. My 2001 GT Premium at $ 27,500 out the
>>> door was a good value. The 2009 Mustang similarly equipped as my 2001
>>> is $33,000 before fees/taxes. This new Mustang is now in the **** BOX
>>> category. I wont be buying another one.
>>>
>>> The ZR1 IMHO is a **** Box. You shoudent have to spend like that for
>>> fun and performance.
>>>
>>> Michael

>> This makes no sense.
>>
>> $27,500 in 2001 IS $33,000 in 2009... Try to keep up.
>>
>> dwight
>> (old fart, but aware of his surroundings)

> The fully loaded 2009 by me would be 35k out the door. $7,500 bucks more
> then the 2001 was. At that price it makes it a full fledged **** BOX.
>
> Michael

Interesting. Have you checked out the new Cobalt?

dwight

Old September 26th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John Verdi[_2_]

I paid $20, 300 for my '00 GT premium. What a great value!

Old September 26th 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael

"dwight" > wrote in message
> "Michael" > wrote in message

>>> This makes no sense.
>>>
>>> $27,500 in 2001 IS $33,000 in 2009... Try to keep up.
>>>
>>> dwight
>>> (old fart, but aware of his surroundings)

>> The fully loaded 2009 by me would be 35k out the door. $7,500 bucks more
>> then the 2001 was. At that price it makes it a full fledged **** BOX.
>>
>> Michael

> Interesting. Have you checked out the new Cobalt?
>
> dwight

Hiya... I like the Cobalt a lot. The standard coup is a great value. Very
good on gas too. I like them in yellow. I'm not sure what I think of the
Cobalt SS. They get just over 260 horses out of the turbo charged engine
and the handling is quite good. The interior is very nice too. It is
usually advertised as the fastest car you can get for under 25k. Still...
For me, I'd spend the extra and get a Mustang GT over the Cobalt SS. If I
was to get a Cobalt, I'd get the standard coup for under 20k. My second car
after my 2001 GT is a 2001 Mazda Protégé. I would have never dreamed of
getting a non American car, but it was given to me for free by my Father.
Very nifty little car. Good on gas, few if any repairs and was a very
affordable buy. If I needed to replace it, I'd get the standard Cobalt
coup.

Michael

Old September 26th 08, 12:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:48:39 -0400, "Michael" >
wrote:

>"dwight" > wrote in message

>>> The fully loaded 2009 by me would be 35k out the door. $7,500 bucks more
>>> then the 2001 was. At that price it makes it a full fledged **** BOX.
>>>
>>> Michael

>> Interesting. Have you checked out the new Cobalt?
>>
>> dwight

>Hiya... I like the Cobalt a lot. The standard coup is a great value. Very
>good on gas too. I like them in yellow. I'm not sure what I think of the
>Cobalt SS. They get just over 260 horses out of the turbo charged engine
>and the handling is quite good. The interior is very nice too. It is
>usually advertised as the fastest car you can get for under 25k. Still...
>For me, I'd spend the extra and get a Mustang GT over the Cobalt SS. If I
>was to get a Cobalt, I'd get the standard coup for under 20k. My second car
>after my 2001 GT is a 2001 Mazda Protégé. I would have never dreamed of
>getting a non American car, but it was given to me for free by my Father.
>Very nifty little car. Good on gas, few if any repairs and was a very
>affordable buy. If I needed to replace it, I'd get the standard Cobalt
>coup.
>
>Michael

HMMMMMMMM using those standards, then a used Yugo (in yellow) would
be a near priceless value <G> And no need to wait for a bald spot
with that one. You'll get it from scratching your head wondering what
the hell you have in the driveway. I'll keep my 2005 Stang GT, over
$25K but still running and the title is in my safe, not the bank's LOL
Old September 26th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Itsfrom Click

haha......years ago, I lusted for a new Corvette.....even joined the
owners club.....and wondered why they had such a lowlife slogan as "Wrap
your ass is fiberglass". attended a few meetings and found out
why......and bought a Jag instead.

'Course the Jag was a piece of junk.....and the 'Vette would now be
worth 10 times what it cost. But still think anyone who "needs" a car
that cannot be driven near it's capabilities has security
problems.......likewise Harleys, Hummers, and all those boy racer cars
you see sold at R&M to prosperous pizza parlor owners.

Which old auto writer said "Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, then
drive a fast car slow" !!!

Well, we gotta keep the economy going!

Old Curmudgeon

Old September 26th 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Sep 26, 2:13 pm, (Itsfrom Click) wrote:
> haha......years ago, I lusted for a new Corvette.....even joined the
> owners club.....and wondered why they had such a lowlife slogan as "Wrap
> your ass is fiberglass". attended a few meetings and found out
> why......and bought a Jag instead.
>
> 'Course the Jag was a piece of junk.....and the 'Vette would now be
> worth 10 times what it cost. But still think anyone who "needs" a car
> that cannot be driven near it's capabilities has security
> problems.......likewise Harleys, Hummers, and all those boy racer cars
> you see sold at R&M to prosperous pizza parlor owners.
>
> Which old auto writer said "Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, then
> drive a fast car slow" !!!
>
> Well, we gotta keep the economy going!
>
> Old Curmudgeon

hey now... I drive my Hummer H3 to it's full capabilities! Actually I
was quite impressed with it's off-road abilities! I have beaten the
living snot out of it and it just keeps going! LOL!

First time I took it in for an oil change (which requires dropping the
skid plates, which were loaded with nasty swamp mud...) I heard the
guy yell over to the other guy "Oh my God! This ones been OFF ROAD!"
I got a good laugh out of that! I also managed to pick up one of the
few H3's with a manual tranny! (which is great for off-road). I'm
currently running a set of 33 inch mud tires... which fit without a
lift!

Oh... some of my auto-x buddies day the Cobalt SS's have been really
doing well in the stock classes... in fact one guy told me they were
basically cleaning up!
Old September 26th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_52_]

"John S." > wrote in news:894928c6-91e5-48e6-
:

> On Sep 26, 2:13 pm, (Itsfrom Click) wrote:
>> haha......years ago, I lusted for a new Corvette.....even joined the
>> owners club.....and wondered why they had such a lowlife slogan as

"Wrap
>> your ass is fiberglass". attended a few meetings and found out
>> why......and bought a Jag instead.
>>
>> 'Course the Jag was a piece of junk.....and the 'Vette would now be
>> worth 10 times what it cost. But still think anyone who "needs" a

car
>> that cannot be driven near it's capabilities has security
>> problems.......likewise Harleys, Hummers, and all those boy racer

cars
>> you see sold at R&M to prosperous pizza parlor owners.
>>
>> Which old auto writer said "Its more fun to drive a slow car fast,

then
>> drive a fast car slow" !!!
>>
>> Well, we gotta keep the economy going!
>>
>> Old Curmudgeon

> hey now... I drive my Hummer H3 to it's full capabilities! Actually I
> was quite impressed with it's off-road abilities! I have beaten the
> living snot out of it and it just keeps going! LOL!
>
> First time I took it in for an oil change (which requires dropping the
> skid plates, which were loaded with nasty swamp mud...) I heard the
> guy yell over to the other guy "Oh my God! This ones been OFF ROAD!"
> I got a good laugh out of that! I also managed to pick up one of the
> few H3's with a manual tranny! (which is great for off-road). I'm
> currently running a set of 33 inch mud tires... which fit without a
> lift!
>
> Oh... some of my auto-x buddies day the Cobalt SS's have been really
> doing well in the stock classes... in fact one guy told me they were
> basically cleaning up!

H2 = Chevy Colorado

Favorite Hummer vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxrdwXXat14

2009 Corvette ZR1 adnvi77o Corvette 5 September 26th 08 03:32 AM
2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 adnvi77o Driving 0 September 24th 08 06:07 AM
Corvette Calendar 2009 Fat Fred Corvette 1 May 8th 08 11:11 AM
2009 Corvette ZR1 vintage Auto Photos 3 December 21st 07 03:03 AM