why ford?? :) no torch red

Old September 18th 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael price

Default why ford?? :) no torch red

wonder why ford don`t make a red cs/gt? i`ve been looking around at the
cs/gt cars. i really really like them! but they don`t make one in torch
red! they have blue, wht, candy apple red , and black. and very rare
orange and silver but no torch red. been watching several at the nearby
lots waiting to see if they drop the price on them. alot of 08`s still
on the lots. i personally like torch red and think it would look good on
a cs/gt. my 03 mach 1 is torch red.

Old September 20th 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
ND

"Michael price" > wrote in message
> wonder why ford don`t make a red cs/gt? i`ve been looking around at the
> cs/gt cars. i really really like them! but they don`t make one in torch
> red! they have blue, wht, candy apple red , and black. and very rare
> orange and silver but no torch red. been watching several at the nearby
> lots waiting to see if they drop the price on them. alot of 08`s still
> on the lots. i personally like torch red and think it would look good on
> a cs/gt. my 03 mach 1 is torch red.

It's actually a good thing that Ford mixes up the colors otherwise they
would not be as desireable and lets face it people would get sick of seeing
the color all the time. Just imagine if they carried torch red on every car
for the past 10 or 20 years. You may have some 120k Mustangs that color
versus a short production run of 1-2 years and just 12k Mustangs. For
someone like yourself trying to sell your torch red car you would get more
money if someone is specifically looking for that color.

Nick

Old September 21st 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael price

nick good point. they are a large number of torch red gt in the world. i
think i`ll get a vista blue one, i really love those red mustangs. mp

Old September 28th 08, 01:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Itsfrom Click

Apparently. the "color guy" at ford is color-blind.....if not totally
blind.

Can you still get that great lime green instead?

Was disappointed when the '05 series finally became available: the
pre-production info showed for a blue and the red color accent
group.......but only red was ever offerred. so I goes to the dealer and
plunks down cash for an ordered car - and I wasn't allowed to order a
special color-combo (blue with red accent interior). how much sweat
off their balls would it have taken to give me what I wanted? Maybe
they were already too busy designing Flex!