Paging Michael Johnson

Old June 16th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_3_]

Default Paging Michael Johnson

Do you have any links to dyno curves for the modded Cobra/Lightning engines?
Looking for HP and torque and general "under the curve" specs. Nothing too
outrageous, just the guy's that change injectors and do easy mods.

Al

9.02 @ 153 MPH OT door car

Old June 16th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Big Al wrote:
> Do you have any links to dyno curves for the modded Cobra/Lightning engines?
> Looking for HP and torque and general "under the curve" specs. Nothing too
> outrageous, just the guy's that change injectors and do easy mods.

Which engines? The OHC ones, push rod and/or supercharged?
Old June 16th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_3_]

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
> Big Al wrote:
>> Do you have any links to dyno curves for the modded Cobra/Lightning
>> engines? Looking for HP and torque and general "under the curve" specs.
>> Nothing too outrageous, just the guy's that change injectors and do easy
>> mods.

> Which engines? The OHC ones, push rod and/or supercharged?

Sorry, the newere Cobra DOHC supercharged. You told me they were getting
great numbers and living.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...65#post1610065

Al

Old June 16th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Big Al wrote:
> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
>> Big Al wrote:
>>> Do you have any links to dyno curves for the modded Cobra/Lightning
>>> engines? Looking for HP and torque and general "under the curve" specs.
>>> Nothing too outrageous, just the guy's that change injectors and do easy
>>> mods.

>> Which engines? The OHC ones, push rod and/or supercharged?

> Sorry, the newere Cobra DOHC supercharged. You told me they were getting
> great numbers and living.
>
> http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...65#post1610065

The most popular and easiest high hp mod for the blown Cobras and
Lightnings are the Kenne Bell twin screw blower kits. Here are some
links and the numbers they show on the graphs are good and realistic:

http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...lby/Shelby.htm
http://www.kennebell.net/media/articles/SNAKEBITE.pdf
http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...03/cobra03.htm

You should see what they are getting from the turbocharged 4.6L Cobra
engines without even taking off the valve covers. The blown 4.6L
engines are one of the strongest V-8s EVER to come from Detroit, IMO.
Old June 16th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_3_]

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
> Big Al wrote:
>>> Which engines? The OHC ones, push rod and/or supercharged?

>> Sorry, the newere Cobra DOHC supercharged. You told me they were getting
>> great numbers and living.
>>
>> http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...65#post1610065

> The most popular and easiest high hp mod for the blown Cobras and
> Lightnings are the Kenne Bell twin screw blower kits. Here are some links
> and the numbers they show on the graphs are good and realistic:
>
> http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...lby/Shelby.htm
> http://www.kennebell.net/media/articles/SNAKEBITE.pdf
> http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...03/cobra03.htm
>
> You should see what they are getting from the turbocharged 4.6L Cobra
> engines without even taking off the valve covers. You are 100% right. I
> should. Now where are they?

Al

Old June 17th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Big Al wrote:
> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
>> Big Al wrote:
>>> Sorry, the newere Cobra DOHC supercharged. You told me they were getting
>>> great numbers and living.
>>>
>>> http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...65#post1610065

>> The most popular and easiest high hp mod for the blown Cobras and
>> Lightnings are the Kenne Bell twin screw blower kits. Here are some links
>> and the numbers they show on the graphs are good and realistic:
>>
>> http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...lby/Shelby.htm
>> http://www.kennebell.net/media/articles/SNAKEBITE.pdf
>> http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...03/cobra03.htm
>>
>> You should see what they are getting from the turbocharged 4.6L Cobra
>> engines without even taking off the valve covers. You are 100% right. I
>> should. Now where are they?

If this doesn't do it for you nothing will. It is a turbo kit that
mounts in front of the stock Eaton blower on a stock Terminator engine.
Here is an excerpt from the article:

"The kit featured here is universal and can be used with a supercharger
or without it-the difference will be in the turbocharger sizing to fit
different applications. The piping and turbo mounting is universal in
all systems and mod-motor applications. For those brave enough and in
need of the excess, check out the turbo/ supercharger system. It will
not disappoint your appetite for ridiculous power levels. We watched
this setup throw out a certifiably insane 1,188 rwhp and an even more
impressive 1,015 rwtq-through a stock engine including the factory
cast-iron exhaust manifolds."

If 1,188 RWHP and 1,015 rwtq isn't enough to prove the point then
NOTHING will. Here's a link to the full article: http://tinyurl.com/6o28aq
Old June 17th 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Namehere[_2_]

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
> Big Al wrote:

>>> The most popular and easiest high hp mod for the blown Cobras and
>>> Lightnings are the Kenne Bell twin screw blower kits. Here are some
>>> links and the numbers they show on the graphs are good and realistic:
>>>
>>> http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...lby/Shelby.htm
>>> http://www.kennebell.net/media/articles/SNAKEBITE.pdf
>>> http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...03/cobra03.htm
>>>
>>> You should see what they are getting from the turbocharged 4.6L Cobra
>>> engines without even taking off the valve covers. You are 100% right. I
>>> should. Now where are they?

> If this doesn't do it for you nothing will. It is a turbo kit that mounts
> in front of the stock Eaton blower on a stock Terminator engine. Here is
> an excerpt from the article:
>
> "The kit featured here is universal and can be used with a supercharger or
> without it-the difference will be in the turbocharger sizing to fit
> different applications. The piping and turbo mounting is universal in all
> systems and mod-motor applications. For those brave enough and in need of
> the excess, check out the turbo/ supercharger system. It will not
> disappoint your appetite for ridiculous power levels. We watched this
> setup throw out a certifiably insane 1,188 rwhp and an even more
> impressive 1,015 rwtq-through a stock engine including the factory
> cast-iron exhaust manifolds."
>
> If 1,188 RWHP and 1,015 rwtq isn't enough to prove the point then NOTHING
> will. Here's a link to the full article: http://tinyurl.com/6o28aq

gosh, I drive around town an typically use less than 150 HP, take off
sometimes using 320 HP, but 1,200 HP is totally undrivable except on a
stright track.
Think of it in terms of the gas petal travel, 1/4 the way in is 300HP, and
the back wheels would be spinning out.

Old June 17th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Namehere wrote:
> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
>> Big Al wrote:

>> If this doesn't do it for you nothing will. It is a turbo kit that mounts
>> in front of the stock Eaton blower on a stock Terminator engine. Here is
>> an excerpt from the article:
>>
>> "The kit featured here is universal and can be used with a supercharger or
>> without it-the difference will be in the turbocharger sizing to fit
>> different applications. The piping and turbo mounting is universal in all
>> systems and mod-motor applications. For those brave enough and in need of
>> the excess, check out the turbo/ supercharger system. It will not
>> disappoint your appetite for ridiculous power levels. We watched this
>> setup throw out a certifiably insane 1,188 rwhp and an even more
>> impressive 1,015 rwtq-through a stock engine including the factory
>> cast-iron exhaust manifolds."
>>
>> If 1,188 RWHP and 1,015 rwtq isn't enough to prove the point then NOTHING
>> will. Here's a link to the full article: http://tinyurl.com/6o28aq

> gosh, I drive around town an typically use less than 150 HP, take off
> sometimes using 320 HP, but 1,200 HP is totally undrivable except on a
> stright track.
> Think of it in terms of the gas petal travel, 1/4 the way in is 300HP, and
> the back wheels would be spinning out.

They talk about the problems they had keeping the wheels from spinning
on the dyno drum. Driving that car on public streets isn't for the
faint of heart or anyone with restless leg syndrome. The fact that a
stock Terminator engine can do several dyno pulls making well over 1,000
rwhp shows just how strong that engine was built and how much
performance potential Ford left untapped with it. We may never see
another one like it in our lifetimes.
Old June 17th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_26_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> Namehere wrote:

#post1610065

>>> If this doesn't do it for you nothing will. It is a turbo kit that
>>> mounts in front of the stock Eaton blower on a stock Terminator
>>> engine. Here is an excerpt from the article:
>>>
>>> "The kit featured here is universal and can be used with a
>>> supercharger or without it-the difference will be in the
>>> turbocharger sizing to fit different applications. The piping and
>>> turbo mounting is universal in all systems and mod-motor
>>> applications. For those brave enough and in need of the excess,
>>> check out the turbo/ supercharger system. It will not disappoint
>>> your appetite for ridiculous power levels. We watched this setup
>>> throw out a certifiably insane 1,188 rwhp and an even more
>>> impressive 1,015 rwtq-through a stock engine including the factory
>>> cast-iron exhaust manifolds."
>>>
>>> If 1,188 RWHP and 1,015 rwtq isn't enough to prove the point then
>>> NOTHING will. Here's a link to the full article:
>>> http://tinyurl.com/6o28aq

>> gosh, I drive around town an typically use less than 150 HP, take
>> off sometimes using 320 HP, but 1,200 HP is totally undrivable except
>> on a stright track.
>> Think of it in terms of the gas petal travel, 1/4 the way in is
>> 300HP, and the back wheels would be spinning out.

> They talk about the problems they had keeping the wheels from spinning
> on the dyno drum. Driving that car on public streets isn't for the
> faint of heart or anyone with restless leg syndrome. The fact that a
> stock Terminator engine can do several dyno pulls making well over
> 1,000 rwhp shows just how strong that engine was built and how much
> performance potential Ford left untapped with it. We may never see
> another one like it in our lifetimes.

Looks like quite a fun ride, but I have to wonder how durable it really
is. I'd like to see that car in 6 months or so...
Old June 17th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> Namehere wrote:

> #post1610065

>>> gosh, I drive around town an typically use less than 150 HP, take
>>> off sometimes using 320 HP, but 1,200 HP is totally undrivable except
>>> on a stright track.
>>> Think of it in terms of the gas petal travel, 1/4 the way in is
>>> 300HP, and the back wheels would be spinning out.

>> They talk about the problems they had keeping the wheels from spinning
>> on the dyno drum. Driving that car on public streets isn't for the
>> faint of heart or anyone with restless leg syndrome. The fact that a
>> stock Terminator engine can do several dyno pulls making well over
>> 1,000 rwhp shows just how strong that engine was built and how much
>> performance potential Ford left untapped with it. We may never see
>> another one like it in our lifetimes.

> Looks like quite a fun ride, but I have to wonder how durable it really
> is. I'd like to see that car in 6 months or so...

I'm impressed a stock engine can make several dyno runs at that power
level and survive at all. I'm sure something will eventually break on
it but that setup is a testament to the strength of that engine. It is
built like a brick **** house.

Huntington Beach Howard Johnson Express liukaiyuan Honda 1 May 5th 08 06:47 PM
[~`OT] For Darrell Jimmie Johnson Lear31A.jpg (1/1) Square Wheels[_7_] Auto Photos 0 February 12th 08 07:11 AM
Calendar Scans: 2006 Dodge Stratus Hemi Allen Johnson MOPAR Pro Stock Coupe r3q.jpg (1/1) 694948 bytes @ Auto Photos 0 January 14th 08 06:13 AM
Paging RDS..... SteveH Alfa Romeo 3 April 19th 07 07:53 PM
michael johnson pe is full of crap [email protected] Ford Mustang 7 September 11th 05 10:43 PM