Shaker Hood Scoop Kit for 2006 V6 Mustang

Old June 16th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
C. E. White[_1_]

Default Shaker Hood Scoop Kit for 2006 V6 Mustang

For some reason my Son is determined to install a Shaker Hood Scoop
System on his 2006 Mustang V6. I've seen two systems. One from Classis
Design Concepts used the OE hood after cutting a hole in the hood for
the scoop. The other is from Aeroform and includes a replacement
fiberglass hood. I'd be interested in hearing from people that own
either kit or any other similar kit. Mostly I am concerned about the
quality and durability of the product. I already understand they are
not going to provide any meaningful performance benefit.

Ed

Old June 18th 08, 11:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Jun 16, 3:58 pm, "C. E. White" >
wrote:
> For some reason my Son is determined to install a Shaker Hood Scoop
> System on his 2006 Mustang V6. I've seen two systems. One from Classis
> Design Concepts used the OE hood after cutting a hole in the hood for
> the scoop. The other is from Aeroform and includes a replacement
> fiberglass hood. I'd be interested in hearing from people that own
> either kit or any other similar kit. Mostly I am concerned about the
> quality and durability of the product. I already understand they are
> not going to provide any meaningful performance benefit.
>
> Ed

While I never owned the CDC Shaker, I have owned plenty of CDC parts.
All of them are top notch! I do know a number of guys with the CDC
Shaker and seen a whole bunch of them in person. I wouldn't hesitate
going with the CDC Shaker..

On the other hand replacement fiberglass hoods can be a crap shoot...
I have heard more than a few horror stories about replacement hoods...
Could end up cost you a lot more money by the time you are done...

I would say go with the CDC...
Old June 18th 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:58:59 -0400, "C. E. White"
> wrote:

>For some reason my Son is determined to install a Shaker Hood Scoop
>System on his 2006 Mustang V6. I've seen two systems. One from Classis
>Design Concepts used the OE hood after cutting a hole in the hood for
>the scoop. The other is from Aeroform and includes a replacement
>fiberglass hood. I'd be interested in hearing from people that own
>either kit or any other similar kit. Mostly I am concerned about the
>quality and durability of the product. I already understand they are
>not going to provide any meaningful performance benefit.
>
>Ed

OEM replacement hoods will be around for a while.