Sorry The Cobra's Not For Sale

Old June 14th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Default Sorry The Cobra's Not For Sale

When my car was on the road a couple of years ago I would get an offer
about every time I would take it out for a cruise. Most times it was
from teenagers who could never have afforded it. The real attention is
when I would get gas because I would use that as my reminder to check
the water level in the tank for the injection system. Once they saw the
Kenne Bell blower under the hood and the other things like boost gauges,
SMC injection control box etc. the questions would start flying. That
would lead to the "What would you take for it?" questions.

Old June 14th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Namehere[_2_]

> wrote in message
> What an odd day. I drive my car back and forth to work everyday. I
> also drive it occasionally on the weekends. On average it racks up
> about 250-300 miles a week. But I never notice anyone looking and/or
> pointing at my car, it's rare I hear anyone tell me "nice car", and
> even rarer that anyone wants to race me. Most of the time I feel, by
> this lack of attention, that I'm driving a beige 10-year old minivan
> instead of a one-year only edition (for that body style) Cobra
> Mustang. Not that my car is really special or fabulous looking, it
> isn't. It's Fox Mustang, not new a Viper or Shelby GT500. But you'd
> think there would be enough car enthusiasts driving around, many of
> which have probably only seen a couple/few '93 Cobras, that I'd at
> least get a thumbs up once in a while.
>
> Well, today made up for the long attention deficit. My car sat
> outside my mechanic's shop today. Just this afternoon -- from 12PM-5PM
> -- he had SIX, 6, different people stop and ask questions about the
> car AND ask if it was for sale. THEN I drive my car to Lowes this
> evening, and a guy driving a new Corvette slows down, gets next to me,
> rolls down his window, then he asks... guess what? "Wanna sell your
> car?" I tell him no. Then he adds "that's sharp" as he stares.
>
> What the hell? Okay, I do try to keep the car clean and it does look
> good for being a 15 year old car with 130+K miles but geeze.
>
> Anyone else get this attention feast or famine?
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra (not for sale)

I get about one per 2 months, note under the windshield wiper etc.
has 3 gauges on the pillar with a boost gauge
and it has lousy faded paint
We need a "not for sale" sticker for the bumper

the fox body is still liked by quite a few.
93 5.0 8# KB ex-cop car and tuned
nice and *fast*

Old June 14th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_6_]

wrote:
> What an odd day. I drive my car back and forth to work everyday. I
> also drive it occasionally on the weekends. On average it racks up
> about 250-300 miles a week. But I never notice anyone looking and/or
> pointing at my car, it's rare I hear anyone tell me "nice car", and
> even rarer that anyone wants to race me. Most of the time I feel, by
> this lack of attention, that I'm driving a beige 10-year old minivan
> instead of a one-year only edition (for that body style) Cobra
> Mustang. Not that my car is really special or fabulous looking, it
> isn't. It's Fox Mustang, not new a Viper or Shelby GT500. But you'd
> think there would be enough car enthusiasts driving around, many of
> which have probably only seen a couple/few '93 Cobras, that I'd at
> least get a thumbs up once in a while.
>
> Well, today made up for the long attention deficit. My car sat
> outside my mechanic's shop today. Just this afternoon -- from 12PM-5PM
> -- he had SIX, 6, different people stop and ask questions about the
> car AND ask if it was for sale. THEN I drive my car to Lowes this
> evening, and a guy driving a new Corvette slows down, gets next to me,
> rolls down his window, then he asks... guess what? "Wanna sell your
> car?" I tell him no. Then he adds "that's sharp" as he stares.
>
> What the hell? Okay, I do try to keep the car clean and it does look
> good for being a 15 year old car with 130+K miles but geeze.
>
> Anyone else get this attention feast or famine?
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra (not for sale)

People turn around to look at my car before they can see it. Then they
get this puzzled look trying to figure out the massive vacuum leak.

--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces
Old June 14th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_6_]

wrote:
> What an odd day. I drive my car back and forth to work everyday. I
> also drive it occasionally on the weekends. On average it racks up
> about 250-300 miles a week. But I never notice anyone looking and/or
> pointing at my car, it's rare I hear anyone tell me "nice car", and
> even rarer that anyone wants to race me. Most of the time I feel, by
> this lack of attention, that I'm driving a beige 10-year old minivan
> instead of a one-year only edition (for that body style) Cobra
> Mustang. Not that my car is really special or fabulous looking, it
> isn't. It's Fox Mustang, not new a Viper or Shelby GT500. But you'd
> think there would be enough car enthusiasts driving around, many of
> which have probably only seen a couple/few '93 Cobras, that I'd at
> least get a thumbs up once in a while.
>
> Well, today made up for the long attention deficit. My car sat
> outside my mechanic's shop today. Just this afternoon -- from 12PM-5PM
> -- he had SIX, 6, different people stop and ask questions about the
> car AND ask if it was for sale. THEN I drive my car to Lowes this
> evening, and a guy driving a new Corvette slows down, gets next to me,
> rolls down his window, then he asks... guess what? "Wanna sell your
> car?" I tell him no. Then he adds "that's sharp" as he stares.
>
> What the hell? Okay, I do try to keep the car clean and it does look
> good for being a 15 year old car with 130+K miles but geeze.
>
> Anyone else get this attention feast or famine?
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra (not for sale)

People turn around to look at my car before they can see it. Then they
get this puzzled look trying to figure out the massive vacuum leak. I'm
thinking about pointing the by-pass hose underneath and out the front
fender.

--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces
Old June 14th 08, 11:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Garth Almgren

Around 6/13/2008 8:05 PM, elaich wrote:

> wrote in
> :
>
>> Yeah, more famine than feast for the '83 5.0 ragtop, looks reasonable
>> for a 25 year old car with 274K miles, but it is a 4 eyed, so no-one
>> really cares.

> I think people still see the Chrysler K cars and other lame fare from the
> era when they see a 4 eye. I remember that people were angry back in '79
> because Ford had abandoned the Mustang's rounded contours for straight and
> square lines. Keep in mind that the car they were defending was the Mustang
> II. Yeah.
>
> I love my 4 eye ('83 GT) but I do confess to liking my Capri's body lines
> (with the gentle fender swells) better. That car needed some curves to make
> it sexy.

I love the lines of the Foxes. A few years back, I was parked up at my
cousin's house between a 67 fastback and a new 05. In profile, my 83 had
very similar lines to the 67 (hood length and slope, windshield angle
and height, roof line, hatch angles), which really surprised me; I
remember thinking this new "retro" style would be much closer in shape
to the 67 than my Fox, but no. Being a coupe didn't help the 05 out any
either...

> People will forget the K cars and other junk from that generation, but
> Mustang lovers will keep the 4 eyes alive, and someday, these cars will get
> long looks. If the freaking mini-stockers don't destroy them all first.

Most I'd ever do to mine is drop in a 5.0 or 5.8 and a 5 speed.

Aw, who am I kidding: I'll probably just rebuild the 3.8... someday.

--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang:
http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |
| RAMFM Merchandise: http://www.cafeshops.com/ramfm |
\ ~~ Ventis secundis, tene cursum ~~ /
Old June 14th 08, 11:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Garth Almgren

Around 6/13/2008 9:30 AM, Joe wrote:

> Not quite that much, but yes, I've gotten 'thumbs-ups'.

I get a *lot* of waves.

(But then, a Jeep is my current "daily" driver)
Old June 14th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

Namehere wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> What an odd day. I drive my car back and forth to work everyday. I
>> also drive it occasionally on the weekends. On average it racks
>> up about 250-300 miles a week. But I never notice anyone looking
>> and/or pointing at my car, it's rare I hear anyone tell me "nice
>> car", and even rarer that anyone wants to race me. Most of the
>> time I feel, by this lack of attention, that I'm driving a beige
>> 10-year old minivan instead of a one-year only edition (for that
>> body style) Cobra Mustang. Not that my car is really special or
>> fabulous looking, it isn't. It's Fox Mustang, not new a Viper or
>> Shelby GT500. But you'd think there would be enough car
>> enthusiasts driving around, many of which have probably only seen
>> a couple/few '93 Cobras, that I'd at least get a thumbs up once in
>> a while. Well, today made up for the long attention deficit. My
>> car sat
>> outside my mechanic's shop today. Just this afternoon -- from
>> 12PM-5PM -- he had SIX, 6, different people stop and ask questions
>> about the car AND ask if it was for sale. THEN I drive my car to
>> Lowes this evening, and a guy driving a new Corvette slows down,
>> gets next to me, rolls down his window, then he asks... guess
>> what? "Wanna sell your car?" I tell him no. Then he adds
>> "that's sharp" as he stares. What the hell? Okay, I do try to keep
>> the car clean and it does
>> look good for being a 15 year old car with 130+K miles but geeze.
>>
>> Anyone else get this attention feast or famine?
>>
>> Patrick
>> '93 Cobra (not for sale)

> I get about one per 2 months, note under the windshield wiper etc.
> has 3 gauges on the pillar with a boost gauge
> and it has lousy faded paint
> We need a "not for sale" sticker for the bumper

I'm thinking about making one of those. I have a stack of "DO YOU WANT
TO SELL THIS AS IS?" notes taken from under the wipers of my 1989
Toyodel Xtra Cab (with steel shell).

The answer is: It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

--
Frank ess

Old June 14th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_3_]

"Frank ess" > wrote in message

> I'm thinking about making one of those. I have a stack of "DO YOU WANT TO
> SELL THIS AS IS?" notes taken from under the wipers of my 1989 Toyodel
> Xtra Cab (with steel shell).
>
> The answer is: It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
>
> --
> Frank ess

Years ago I had a towing business. Had some cards printed that said, "I will
buy this car." I'd put a card under the wiper of any VW Bug that looked like
it sat a while. One week I bought 5 of them, paid $200 for the best one, $50
for the worst. Amazingly most were very easy fixes. One time I stuck one on
a gold 69 four speed 300 HP 350" Vette. The panel under the rear bumper was
torn and one muffler was missing. Bought it for $1,850. This was around
1971! It was a great car, was special ordered without power brakes?? Guy
accidentally drove off a curb and caught the muffler. Wonder how well that
would work now?? Of course NOT on VW's

Some gal drives by here almost everyday in a ratty 65 Mustang. By the sound
of it it's a sick six automatic. Been thinking of chasing her down and
popping the question. But my friend had one for sale, a 66, for $3,000. Had
the original working radio, original hub caps, jack and so on. Upholstery
was rotted out, had original 'not too bad' white paint, all chrome and so
on. No rust at all. Took him a month to sell it and everybody tried to get
him down on price. So maybe they are not such a good investment. The V8's
are

Al

Old June 15th 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

GILL wrote:

>> Patrick
>> '93 Cobra (not for sale)

> People turn around to look at my car before they can see it. Then they
> get this puzzled look trying to figure out the massive vacuum leak.

Okay dammit, you and Michael both. Bite me very much....

--

"My university got phished. About fifty people
fell for it - proving that more education doesn't

"I imagine Lamie sitting at a stop sign,
waiting for it to change" - Burgess Krell

"You send email. You're abusive. It's appropriate
to this newsgroup. Neener neener. - Marc Bissonnette

For Sale: 2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport Premium, very low kms, warranty, private sale in TORONTO George Mihaescu Audi 1 September 17th 05 07:14 PM
1989 BNR32 GTR skyline RB26 sale Japan 500ps sale japancar Driving 0 February 16th 05 07:05 AM
1990 BMW 850 Mercedes 500SL sale Japan canada S13 HCR32 typeM turbo sale japancar BMW 0 February 7th 05 04:29 AM
mustang cobra's Defiant Ford Mustang 15 January 29th 05 01:45 AM
2002 Honda Civic for sale - private sale Nick Honda 0 November 21st 04 06:13 PM