Sorry The Cobra's Not For Sale

Old June 13th 08, 04:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Sorry The Cobra's Not For Sale

What an odd day. I drive my car back and forth to work everyday. I
also drive it occasionally on the weekends. On average it racks up
about 250-300 miles a week. But I never notice anyone looking and/or
pointing at my car, it's rare I hear anyone tell me "nice car", and
even rarer that anyone wants to race me. Most of the time I feel, by
this lack of attention, that I'm driving a beige 10-year old minivan
instead of a one-year only edition (for that body style) Cobra
Mustang. Not that my car is really special or fabulous looking, it
isn't. It's Fox Mustang, not new a Viper or Shelby GT500. But you'd
think there would be enough car enthusiasts driving around, many of
which have probably only seen a couple/few '93 Cobras, that I'd at
least get a thumbs up once in a while.

Well, today made up for the long attention deficit. My car sat
outside my mechanic's shop today. Just this afternoon -- from 12PM-5PM
-- he had SIX, 6, different people stop and ask questions about the
car AND ask if it was for sale. THEN I drive my car to Lowes this
evening, and a guy driving a new Corvette slows down, gets next to me,
rolls down his window, then he asks... guess what? "Wanna sell your
car?" I tell him no. Then he adds "that's sharp" as he stares.

What the hell? Okay, I do try to keep the car clean and it does look
good for being a 15 year old car with 130+K miles but geeze.

Anyone else get this attention feast or famine?

Patrick
'93 Cobra (not for sale)
Old June 13th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
ND

> wrote in message
> What an odd day. I drive my car back and forth to work everyday. I
> also drive it occasionally on the weekends. On average it racks up
> about 250-300 miles a week. But I never notice anyone looking and/or
> pointing at my car, it's rare I hear anyone tell me "nice car", and
> even rarer that anyone wants to race me. Most of the time I feel, by
> this lack of attention, that I'm driving a beige 10-year old minivan
> instead of a one-year only edition (for that body style) Cobra
> Mustang. Not that my car is really special or fabulous looking, it
> isn't. It's Fox Mustang, not new a Viper or Shelby GT500. But you'd
> think there would be enough car enthusiasts driving around, many of
> which have probably only seen a couple/few '93 Cobras, that I'd at
> least get a thumbs up once in a while.
>
> Well, today made up for the long attention deficit. My car sat
> outside my mechanic's shop today. Just this afternoon -- from 12PM-5PM
> -- he had SIX, 6, different people stop and ask questions about the
> car AND ask if it was for sale. THEN I drive my car to Lowes this
> evening, and a guy driving a new Corvette slows down, gets next to me,
> rolls down his window, then he asks... guess what? "Wanna sell your
> car?" I tell him no. Then he adds "that's sharp" as he stares.
>
> What the hell? Okay, I do try to keep the car clean and it does look
> good for being a 15 year old car with 130+K miles but geeze.
>
> Anyone else get this attention feast or famine?
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra (not for sale)

You must keep it in very nice shape. Post some pics.

Old June 13th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

wrote:
> What an odd day. I drive my car back and forth to work everyday. I
> also drive it occasionally on the weekends. On average it racks up
> about 250-300 miles a week. But I never notice anyone looking and/or
> pointing at my car, it's rare I hear anyone tell me "nice car", and
> even rarer that anyone wants to race me. Most of the time I feel, by
> this lack of attention, that I'm driving a beige 10-year old minivan
> instead of a one-year only edition (for that body style) Cobra
> Mustang. Not that my car is really special or fabulous looking, it
> isn't. It's Fox Mustang, not new a Viper or Shelby GT500. But you'd
> think there would be enough car enthusiasts driving around, many of
> which have probably only seen a couple/few '93 Cobras, that I'd at
> least get a thumbs up once in a while.
>
> Well, today made up for the long attention deficit. My car sat
> outside my mechanic's shop today. Just this afternoon -- from 12PM-5PM
> -- he had SIX, 6, different people stop and ask questions about the
> car AND ask if it was for sale. THEN I drive my car to Lowes this
> evening, and a guy driving a new Corvette slows down, gets next to me,
> rolls down his window, then he asks... guess what? "Wanna sell your
> car?" I tell him no. Then he adds "that's sharp" as he stares.
>
> What the hell? Okay, I do try to keep the car clean and it does look
> good for being a 15 year old car with 130+K miles but geeze.
>
> Anyone else get this attention feast or famine?
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra (not for sale)

So, you didn't even entertain an offer from Vetteboi to see what he
would offer? I get looks more often than that, but mine is very loudat
this point in time.

--

"Listen asshole, this case is not closed. I demand
that you <the Better Business Bureau> order the abusive
Old June 13th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_113_]

wrote in news:fd10cac4-ce8f-4aa1-a37e-1e27c1f5cfc8
@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> What an odd day. I drive my car back and forth to work everyday. I
> also drive it occasionally on the weekends. On average it racks up
> about 250-300 miles a week. But I never notice anyone looking and/or
> pointing at my car, it's rare I hear anyone tell me "nice car", and
> even rarer that anyone wants to race me. Most of the time I feel, by
> this lack of attention, that I'm driving a beige 10-year old minivan
> instead of a one-year only edition (for that body style) Cobra
> Mustang. Not that my car is really special or fabulous looking, it
> isn't. It's Fox Mustang, not new a Viper or Shelby GT500. But you'd
> think there would be enough car enthusiasts driving around, many of
> which have probably only seen a couple/few '93 Cobras, that I'd at
> least get a thumbs up once in a while.
>
> Well, today made up for the long attention deficit. My car sat
> outside my mechanic's shop today. Just this afternoon -- from 12PM-5PM
> -- he had SIX, 6, different people stop and ask questions about the
> car AND ask if it was for sale. THEN I drive my car to Lowes this
> evening, and a guy driving a new Corvette slows down, gets next to me,
> rolls down his window, then he asks... guess what? "Wanna sell your
> car?" I tell him no. Then he adds "that's sharp" as he stares.
>
> What the hell? Okay, I do try to keep the car clean and it does look
> good for being a 15 year old car with 130+K miles but geeze.
>
> Anyone else get this attention feast or famine?
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra (not for sale)

Not quite that much, but yes, I've gotten 'thumbs-ups'.

Joe
'93 LX (for sale)
Old June 13th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dan[_30_]

I still get compliments now and then. Had a conversation with a drive
thru guy just the other day .

But what I've noticed is that folks don't seem as friendly around here
as they used to. The folks in the other nice cars seem to be ignoring
everybody around them. It used to be just the 'Vette and Porsche guys
but lately it's like no one wants to exchange a friendly greeting.

Maybe the economy or gas prices has 'em all bummed. I dunno.

Dan
P49Y83+
Old June 13th 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_3_]

> wrote in message
>
> Anyone else get this attention feast or famine?
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra (not for sale)

Famine, at the moment. Well, other than the cop complimenting me on TFrog a
couple of weeks ago.

And every year, when I take CFrog up to see the local Mustang club show, I'm
asked if I'm showing the car.

Otherwise, I don't get a lot of attention from the other "motorists" out
there. Not like the good ol' days.

Your Cobra is now 15 years old. Society's memory fails, after a time, and I
wouldn't think that most drivers even know what it is. I definitely get the
feeling that all those new Mustangers out there in their 2005-08 jobbies
don't even realize that the Fox WAS the Mustang for 15 seasons. No sense of
history.

And, while I'm at it...

Mustangs Unlimited breaks the Mustang models into two basic categories:
1964-73 (10 model years) and then 1974-2008 (35 model years).

Boy, I wish they'd separate out the Foxes. Hell, lump them in with the IIs
and have a separate category for 1974-93. I hate wading through all of the
4th and 5th generation aftermarket parts, trying to find something for my
little '93s.

dwight
www.tfrog.com

Old June 13th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_3_]

>> Anyone else get this attention feast or famine?
>>
>> Patrick

Only after I blow the doors off some riceburner with my Contour

Al

Old June 13th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:36:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>What an odd day. I drive my car back and forth to work everyday. I
>also drive it occasionally on the weekends. On average it racks up
>about 250-300 miles a week. But I never notice anyone looking and/or
>pointing at my car, it's rare I hear anyone tell me "nice car", and
>even rarer that anyone wants to race me. Most of the time I feel, by
>this lack of attention, that I'm driving a beige 10-year old minivan
>instead of a one-year only edition (for that body style) Cobra
>Mustang. Not that my car is really special or fabulous looking, it
>isn't. It's Fox Mustang, not new a Viper or Shelby GT500. But you'd
>think there would be enough car enthusiasts driving around, many of
>which have probably only seen a couple/few '93 Cobras, that I'd at
>least get a thumbs up once in a while.
>
>Well, today made up for the long attention deficit. My car sat
>outside my mechanic's shop today. Just this afternoon -- from 12PM-5PM
>-- he had SIX, 6, different people stop and ask questions about the
>car AND ask if it was for sale. THEN I drive my car to Lowes this
>evening, and a guy driving a new Corvette slows down, gets next to me,
>rolls down his window, then he asks... guess what? "Wanna sell your
>car?" I tell him no. Then he adds "that's sharp" as he stares.
>
>What the hell? Okay, I do try to keep the car clean and it does look
>good for being a 15 year old car with 130+K miles but geeze.
>
>Anyone else get this attention feast or famine?
>
>Patrick
>'93 Cobra (not for sale)

Every time mine hits the road, I get thumbs raised, waves, lights
flashed (although one of those might have been because the left
headlight was way out of line :0). I go to a store and when I come
back out, there's usually someone checking it out. And people are
forever asking me what year it is. Only had one offer and that from a
guy in a restored 55 bowtie. Even had one woman ask what it was... and
she was driving a 65 coupe! Maybe it's because the styling is more
distinctive.

Spike's 65 Fastback is NOT for sale.
Old June 14th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Scott W.

> wrote>
> but it is a 4 eyed, so no-one
> really cares.

Hey now. Mine is 4 eyed. albiet a 69 sportsroof that looks like the Pete
Revson #1 Boss 302 from the Shelby team, but it still is a 4-eye.

I get waves and honks and thumbs up and people asking me to pull over so
they can make an offer all the time. This was my daily driver for 2 years
until 3 months ago when I got a beater.
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/July.jpg

Scott W.
'69 Sportsroof Mustang
'68 Ranchero 500

For Sale: 2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport Premium, very low kms, warranty, private sale in TORONTO George Mihaescu Audi 1 September 17th 05 07:14 PM
1989 BNR32 GTR skyline RB26 sale Japan 500ps sale japancar Driving 0 February 16th 05 07:05 AM
1990 BMW 850 Mercedes 500SL sale Japan canada S13 HCR32 typeM turbo sale japancar BMW 0 February 7th 05 04:29 AM
mustang cobra's Defiant Ford Mustang 15 January 29th 05 01:45 AM
2002 Honda Civic for sale - private sale Nick Honda 0 November 21st 04 06:13 PM