batt light

Old December 4th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
wolfy69

Default batt light

hi all this problem started the other day when i turn the ignition on the
batt light refuses to light up, the bulbs ok the only time it comes on
before start up is when i put a test bulb screwdriver on the pos terminal
on batt and touch the yellow wire out of the new altenator that i fitted
today, as we thought it was at fault this wasnt the case the light does
come on now an then for start ups but then out on the next. say it was out
on the start up from work. but in the mornibg it lights up again like
nothings wrong any help would be gratefull

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/rec.autos.tech/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old December 5th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
aarcuda69062

In article
outautos.com>,
"wolfy69" > wrote:

> hi all this problem started the other day when i turn the ignition on the
> batt light refuses to light up, the bulbs ok the only time it comes on
> before start up is when i put a test bulb screwdriver on the pos terminal
> on batt and touch the yellow wire out of the new altenator that i fitted
> today, as we thought it was at fault this wasnt the case the light does
> come on now an then for start ups but then out on the next. say it was out
> on the start up from work. but in the mornibg it lights up again like
> nothings wrong any help would be gratefull
>
> --
> Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/rec.autos.tech/
> More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Check for corrosion at "C" 121
Check for a broken wire at "S" 117
Check for an open ground at "G" 188
Old December 10th 07, 10:55 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tim[_11_]

wolfy69 wrote:
> hi all this problem started the other day when i turn the ignition on the
> batt light refuses to light up, the bulbs ok the only time it comes on
> before start up is when i put a test bulb screwdriver on the pos terminal
> on batt and touch the yellow wire out of the new altenator that i fitted
> today, as we thought it was at fault this wasnt the case the light does
> come on now an then for start ups but then out on the next. say it was out
> on the start up from work. but in the mornibg it lights up again like
> nothings wrong any help would be gratefull

Year, Make Model Engine please,,, without this info I can't do a damn
thing for ya!!!
Later

Old December 10th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
anumber1

wolfy69 wrote:
> hi all this problem started the other day when i turn the ignition on the
> batt light refuses to light up, the bulbs ok the only time it comes on
> before start up is when i put a test bulb screwdriver on the pos terminal
> on batt and touch the yellow wire out of the new altenator that i fitted
> today, as we thought it was at fault this wasnt the case the light does
> come on now an then for start ups but then out on the next. say it was out
> on the start up from work. but in the mornibg it lights up again like
> nothings wrong any help would be gratefull
>
> --
> Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/rec.autos.tech/
> More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

My '29 Maxwell doesn't ever have that problem.