Radio Code??

Old January 14th 05, 02:51 AM
Parent

Default Radio Code??

I have an Accord V6, 1999. Recently had the alternator replaced. Thus, with
no battery power the radio needs to be reset with a code. I am the second
owner of the car and do not know the code. I have checked the glovebox
handbook and called the local dealer with no success in finding the code.
The dealer said they can reset the radio but will have to remove the radio
to get to the back.
Anyone know what I should do to get the radio code or alternative way to
reset the radio?
I like having the radio on, it keeps me from singing to myself, help, even
my dog hates my singing!
I can be contacted at
Thanks in advance for any help.

Old January 14th 05, 03:28 AM
Dee

Call the dealership where you bought it. My Accord is a '94 and they still
had it on record last time I needed it (about a year and a half ago). They
should be able to just give you the code over the phone, once you've
answered some "security" type questions, of course. Good luck.

Old January 14th 05, 06:23 AM
motsco_ _

Parent wrote:
> I have an Accord V6, 1999. Recently had the alternator replaced. Thus, with
> no battery power the radio needs to be reset with a code. I am the second
> owner of the car and do not know the code. I have checked the glovebox
> handbook and called the local dealer with no success in finding the code.
> The dealer said they can reset the radio but will have to remove the radio
> to get to the back.
> Anyone know what I should do to get the radio code or alternative way to
> reset the radio?
> I like having the radio on, it keeps me from singing to myself, help, even
> my dog hates my singing!
> I can be contacted at
> Thanks in advance for any help.

---------------------

The code you seek is FIVE numbers long, on a white sticker or plastic
'credit' card. The previous owner may have written the # in the manual
or fuse box. There are two or three fuseboxes on your Accord. Previous
servicing dealer has the number in their computer, usually.

Otherwise, remove the radio (yourself) and any dealer will give you the
code if you provide serial number, manufacturer, and proof of ownership.
You weren't able to sweet-talk the service department to look up the
code? Just walk into PARTS, and buy something, then tell the parts guy
your tale of woe. . . They'll help you. They want you to keep bringing
that Accord to them for service.

'Curly'

Old January 14th 05, 04:44 PM
Teranews

Yes! Al

Old January 14th 05, 09:30 PM

Elmo P. Shagnasty > wrote:
> Fortunately, this is VERY simple to do. Would you like to know how?

Would that be the free answer, or the $20 answer? ;-)
http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/466053.pdf
Doesn't mention the radio code, but it is a set of instructions for
replacing the factory radio with something else, so I guess one wouldn't
care about the code. I'd be inclined to put it on the shelf with the
radio.

I just traded in a car where I had added an aftermarket radio. I didn't
think about putting the stock unit back in until I was clearing out the
glove compartment and saw the owners manual for the new radio. I was
already at the dealer, picking up the new car.

--
---

Old January 14th 05, 10:43 PM
Parent

> Fortunately, this is VERY simple to do. Would you like to know how?
Yes, how would be great.

Old April 15th 05, 03:11 AM

The installation link does not work in eiter Netscape or IE. Do you
have another way to view it?
Russ

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:30:18 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

>Elmo P. Shagnasty > wrote:
>> Fortunately, this is VERY simple to do. Would you like to know how?

>Would that be the free answer, or the $20 answer? ;-)

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/466053.pdf
>Doesn't mention the radio code, but it is a set of instructions for
>replacing the factory radio with something else, so I guess one wouldn't
>care about the code. I'd be inclined to put it on the shelf with the
>radio.
>
>I just traded in a car where I had added an aftermarket radio. I didn't
>think about putting the stock unit back in until I was clearing out the
>glove compartment and saw the owners manual for the new radio. I was
>already at the dealer, picking up the new car.

first dead battery, now no radio. code ? what code ? Scott Audi 12 January 25th 05 04:07 PM
Help please radio code and headlamp washing question yar Corvette 12 October 17th 04 03:59 PM
lost radio code mickt Alfa Romeo 4 October 4th 04 08:23 PM
85 735i remore with alarm and radio code Jeremy BMW 0 September 28th 04 02:17 PM