06 auto trans question

Old June 30th 08, 12:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Bill & Gail

Default 06 auto trans question

Lately I think I have noticed something a little different in the behaviour
of the 5 speed auto transmission in my 06 Mustang. (21,000 miles)

If I slow down at city speeds for a corner, roundabout or a yield etc. and
then apply the gas to accelerate moderately again, the engine rev's as if it
was a manual in neutral momentarily and then the transmission catches and
kicks in. The effect is slightly abrupt and definitely undesirable.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Old June 30th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Jun 30, 11:07 am, "Bill & Gail" > wrote:
> Lately I think I have noticed something a little different in the behaviour
> of the 5 speed auto transmission in my 06 Mustang. (21,000 miles)
>
> If I slow down at city speeds for a corner, roundabout or a yield etc. and
> then apply the gas to accelerate moderately again, the engine rev's as if it
> was a manual in neutral momentarily and then the transmission catches and
> kicks in. The effect is slightly abrupt and definitely undesirable.
>
> Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

hmmm... fluid level? Of course there is no dipstick so you can't
easily check it... but what you describe doesn't sound right... Maybe
have the dealership check the level? Now I did find that my tranny
liked fresh fluid about every 20,000 miles or so... of course those
20,000 miles were pretty abusive... LOL
Old June 30th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Bill & Gail

Thanks John.

Will do.