Paging Michael Johnson

Old June 19th 08, 12:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dan[_30_]

Default Paging Michael Johnson

On Jun 16, 12:00*pm, "Big Al" > wrote:
> Do you have any links to dyno curves for the modded Cobra/Lightning engines?
> Looking for HP and torque and general "under the curve" specs. Nothing too
> outrageous, just the guy's that change injectors and do easy mods.
>
> Al
>
> 9.02 @ 153 MPH OT door car

If you are looking for sampe curves for certain combos, I have them. I
can send or post images of the curves. My car was one of the weak ones
to start with and my numbers are heavily corrected because I'm a mile
high, but let me know if there's package you are interested in and
I'll put up what my car did.

Dan
P49Y83+
Old June 19th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_6_]

Big Al wrote:

> I'm at the drags a lot, most of the 4.6's I see can't get out of their own
> way. I'd like to see some good running stock examples. Last Friday night
> some guys I know took two Mustangs to the drags. One of them broke into the
> 15's, one time. 15.9, all other runs from both cars were in the 16's. Both
> complained about traction. Our strip is very sticky. If you walk out there
> your shoes stick to the track. Have to wonder of it's somehow the wrong
> setup for street tires?? Something else, I have an 03 5 speed Mustang and an
> 02 Z28. The Z28 can put lots of HP down without squeaking the tires. The
> Mustang can't. My 87 and 89 5.0's were the same. You had to play with the
> throttle to keep them from going up in smoke. My Z has much more power and
> you can open it wide with no problems. The Z has that long bar going to the
> rear transmission mount to control axle wrap. That or something makes the
> difference.
>
> There is a Corvette club here that has outings at the strip. They are
> pathetic. Most run in the 16's or high 15's. No way can I figure why. They
> should run better than that in drive with an easy launch.

That sounds like a really sad day at the track, did anyone run quick?
I'd like to the 60' times and their traps. Maybe next time you go?
--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces

Huntington Beach Howard Johnson Express liukaiyuan Honda 1 May 5th 08 06:47 PM
[~`OT] For Darrell Jimmie Johnson Lear31A.jpg (1/1) Square Wheels[_7_] Auto Photos 0 February 12th 08 07:11 AM
Calendar Scans: 2006 Dodge Stratus Hemi Allen Johnson MOPAR Pro Stock Coupe r3q.jpg (1/1) 694948 bytes @ Auto Photos 0 January 14th 08 06:13 AM
Paging RDS..... SteveH Alfa Romeo 3 April 19th 07 07:53 PM
michael johnson pe is full of crap [email protected] Ford Mustang 7 September 11th 05 10:43 PM