AutoSimSport Issue 9 out now!

Old September 21st 05, 05:17 PM
Byron Forbes

"PJL" > wrote in message

> Tony Rickard > wrote in message
> .uk...
>> Shrapnel wrote:
>> > AutoSimSport September is Out.
>> > 60+ Page MOD Autumn Specialganza!

>> Interesting read as ever, though after the previous edition's "rFactor
>> is perfect" review (rather than a more realistic rFactor shows potential
>> to be great, which I believe even ISI themselves would concur) I am
>> somewhat wary of rave reviews.
>>
>> The GP4 stuff looked really good, but has anyone else sampled these
>> updates and can it really turn GP4 into a worthy contender against the
>> current crop of sims? One would imagine the PC specs have now caught up
>> and teh slowdown will be a thing of the past but have the physics really
>> been overhauled to *that* degree?
>>
>> As ever ASS can't resist a stab at another sim racing organisation and
>> this time it is RSC and its public warning system. Regardless of views I
>> really don't think it has a place in a general sim racing fanzine and
>> detracts from the overall quality and significant work that goes into it.
>>
>> Plus the promises of nekkid girls would appear to be an outright lie...

> Page 25

Wonder why they chose a corpse ready for the autopsy (auto pussy?)-
kinky stuff!

Old September 21st 05, 06:17 PM
Jan Verschueren

"Byron Forbes"wrote...
> <snip> Wonder why they chose a corpse ready for the autopsy
> (auto pussy?)- kinky stuff!

As art models go, that one is actually quite good looking.

Jan.
=---

Old September 22nd 05, 08:15 PM
Nick

Tony Rickard wrote:
> The GP4 stuff looked really good, but has anyone else sampled these
> updates and can it really turn GP4 into a worthy contender against the
> current crop of sims? One would imagine the PC specs have now caught up
> and teh slowdown will be a thing of the past but have the physics really
> been overhauled to *that* degree?

I was going to try it out. Downloaded the 2004 patch, plus extra
detail patch, plus patch 1, plus patch 2. Found GP4, installed it.
Went to install the patch. Need GPxPatch and CSM. Trundle off to find
them. Download them. Install them. Load up the 2004 patch in CSM,
spends ages then says I have the wrong version of CSM. Gave up-after
all, it *is* GP4...

Seriously though, if anybody can come up with all the downloads and
versions needed to install this and run it, I'd give it another go, if
only for the dry line emerging on a damp track. I miss that!