Defective seat belt buckles in US Honda Accord 1999 EX 4 Door Model

Old January 10th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Defective seat belt buckles in US Honda Accord 1999 EX 4 Door Model

Hi,
I have a Honda accord 1999 EX 4 Door model. I bought this car from a
friend who was relocating from NJ. The car was working perfectly fine
but from past few weeks , i have noticed that even after pushing the
driver seat belt into buckle, sometime the indicator on control panel
shows "the seat belt is not fastened - indicator". I initially thought
it to be an indicator issue but after some chekcs found that when small
pressure is applied on the belt/ buckle linkage e.g. the belt is pulled
a little - the indicator turns on. Iam surprised and little scared.
Does it mean that in the case of crash, the seat belts are not going to
tighten as the indicator might be ON suggesting that seat belt is not
even fastened. my understanding is that in case of Non fastened seat
belts, the seat belts do not tighten on crash.

I do not know how to get it replaced. The local pep shop boys does not
carry the seat buckle. Is there anyother place i can source it, does
any one know how to replace it?

Old January 10th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On 9 Jan 2006 19:55:32 -0800, "Ashish" > wrote:

>Hi,
> I have a Honda accord 1999 EX 4 Door model. I bought this car from a
>friend who was relocating from NJ. The car was working perfectly fine
>but from past few weeks , i have noticed that even after pushing the
>driver seat belt into buckle, sometime the indicator on control panel
>shows "the seat belt is not fastened - indicator". I initially thought
>it to be an indicator issue but after some chekcs found that when small
>pressure is applied on the belt/ buckle linkage e.g. the belt is pulled
>a little - the indicator turns on. Iam surprised and little scared.
>Does it mean that in the case of crash, the seat belts are not going to
>tighten as the indicator might be ON suggesting that seat belt is not
>even fastened. my understanding is that in case of Non fastened seat
>belts, the seat belts do not tighten on crash.
>
>I do not know how to get it replaced. The local pep shop boys does not
>carry the seat buckle. Is there anyother place i can source it, does
>any one know how to replace it?

How about your local Honda dealer?
Old January 10th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Call you local Honda dealer. Seatbelts have life time warranties and
Honda will be more than happy to replace/fix them.

Old January 10th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Thank you. I shall surely try that option.