GTR2

Old October 12th 05, 08:56 AM
Steve Simpson

> As far as detail of tracks/physics - just sales hype bull****. Lets
> not
> forget this was the company that was telling the world all about how good
> there multi was in every magazine they could talk to - they are full of
> ****
> and it will take a lot to convince me that they're much more than just
> another arsehole company milking the sim community for every penny they
> can.
> They would tell you anything about the detail of this and that - anything
> for a sale!

Talking about accuracy in Simbin's games, the pit exit at Spa comes to
mind - it's not even close to the real thing.
Old October 12th 05, 04:04 PM
Byron Forbes

"RodP" > wrote in message
.au...

> They're delivering a product that I feel is value for my money and
> there's nothing you can say that will change that. I liked GTR, I
> liked GTL's demo and when GTL is available to purchase in Aus I will
> be buying it. The way people choose to spend their earned dollars
> shouldn't be this much of a concern to you.
>
> I went car shopping 6 months ago and had salesmen telling me bull****
> and the product I was buying was $50,000 and not $50. It's scarier when
> you know more about the product than the salesman that is trying to sell
> it to you. Ultimately I made my decision based on independant resources
> and my own evaluations by taking the product for a spin around the area.
> Same deal with GTL.

Sure - I just screw it to Simbin every chance I get. Don't like
arseholes getting fat at my expense! They simply outright lied to and
deceived the sim community with GTR - a simple fact that belongs here. And
it will belong here and be here for a while yet so settle in.

If they send me a free copy of GTL AND it actuall does what they claim,
I might lay off. ie I'll be ****ting on them for a while yet.

Old October 12th 05, 04:05 PM
Byron Forbes

"ymenard" > wrote in message
.. .
> >"Steve Whitty" > wrote
>> "ymenard" > wrote in message
>>> Yeah and ISI/10tacle/Simbin slaps those guys with a Cease&Decist. It's
>>> gonna happen with rFactor, I bet you all. They all saw what happened
>>> with iRacing, they can protect their investment and they will do it.
>>> Just wait and see.

>> why would ISI issue a c&d on a mod for its own game?

> Simple : to protect their own assets.
>

> Just like iRacing did on their own game (well owning the code for it,
> blah). I'm absolutely sure that if somebody tries to mod something similar
> to GTL or GTR (or whatever the ISI serves next) into rFactor, they will
> get a C&D. That's why the whole modding scene for rFactor has to be taken
> with a grain of salt. They already did it in the past.

Well, no word from the F3 group so far! Lull b4 the storm?

Old October 12th 05, 06:27 PM
Chad Rogers

Bryon,

You are living in a dream world. What game is not hyped? That is the
nature of selling it. Show me a game or group that isn't hyping and
boasting about their game. Please don't say rFactor because the game has
about 1/2 of the features that they said it would. I know they say in the
future, but do we really know they will come? Time will tell. I don't feel
misled at all by Simbin, the multi wasn't great, although I have had plenty
of great races with it.

Chad

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> "RodP" > wrote in message
> .au...
>> In article <434b19b6$0$13320$61c65585@un-2park-reader-
>> 01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au>,
>> Byron Forbes says...
>>
>>> How would you feel if a mod for rFactor was released that had all of the
>>> GTL cars, many of the tracks and drove better than GTL after you forked
>>> out
>>> for GTL? Or any mod for that matter. Do you really believe GTL will be

Old October 12th 05, 10:59 PM
RodP

In article <434d2611$0$13322$61c65585@un-2park-reader-
01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au>,
Byron Forbes says...

> Sure - I just screw it to Simbin every chance I get. Don't like
> arseholes getting fat at my expense! They simply outright lied to and
> deceived the sim community with GTR - a simple fact that belongs here. And
> it will belong here and be here for a while yet so settle in.
>
> If they send me a free copy of GTL AND it actuall does what they claim,
> I might lay off. ie I'll be ****ting on them for a while yet.

Sheesh, get over it. Your time isn't obviously worth much since
you devote so much of it on such a pointless endeavour. If I was
to do the same as you're doing to the games that I had bought that
didn't appeal to me, I'd have to quit my job and become a full time
nutter.

Cheers,
Rod.
Old October 13th 05, 09:28 AM
Byron Forbes

> Byron Forbes says...
>
>> Sure - I just screw it to Simbin every chance I get. Don't like
>> arseholes getting fat at my expense! They simply outright lied to and
>> deceived the sim community with GTR - a simple fact that belongs here.
>> And
>> it will belong here and be here for a while yet so settle in.
>>
>> If they send me a free copy of GTL AND it actuall does what they
>> claim,
>> I might lay off. ie I'll be ****ting on them for a while yet.

> Sheesh, get over it. Your time isn't obviously worth much since
> you devote so much of it on such a pointless endeavour. If I was
> to do the same as you're doing to the games that I had bought that
> didn't appeal to me, I'd have to quit my job and become a full time
> nutter.
>
> Cheers,
> Rod.

No need to quit that job Rod.

Old October 13th 05, 09:28 AM
Byron Forbes

"Chad Rogers" > wrote in message
> Bryon,
>
> You are living in a dream world. What game is not hyped? That is the
> nature of selling it. Show me a game or group that isn't hyping and
> boasting about their game. Please don't say rFactor because the game has
> about 1/2 of the features that they said it would. I know they say in the
> future, but do we really know they will come? Time will tell. I don't
> feel misled at all by Simbin, the multi wasn't great, although I have had
> plenty of great races with it.

There is hype and there are lies - anyone who looks over autosimsport
every month would have seen that they were outright lying about the multi to
games magazines and the world in general.

There was some idiot moderator at their forums that publically stated,
soon after or b4 the German release, that multi was an afterthough since
market research indicated there was not much money in that. That was the
truth. One of the reps from Sinbin came in here disputing that that was said
on their forum and I promptly pointed him to the exact post. He was
embarrassed and claimed it was not the case - clearly it was.

Old October 13th 05, 10:48 AM
RodP

In article <434e1aac$0$13317$61c65585@un-2park-reader-
01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au>,
Byron Forbes says...

> > Sheesh, get over it. Your time isn't obviously worth much since
> > you devote so much of it on such a pointless endeavour. If I was
> > to do the same as you're doing to the games that I had bought that
> > didn't appeal to me, I'd have to quit my job and become a full time
> > nutter.

> No need to quit that job Rod.

Indeed, you're holding up your end admirably.

Cheers,
Rod.
Old October 13th 05, 03:44 PM
Chad Rogers

And you know that the moderator spoke for Simbin? Again, still a bit much
to have this much venom about a game that was really pretty damn good.
There are many, many GTR leagues running right now with drivers from all
over the world playing. You just have to jump through some hoops to get the
multi working ok(I am not trying to sell the multi as great).

Old October 13th 05, 04:27 PM
Mitch_A

GTR was great fun for me and very much worth the $40 I paid as well. Was it
perfect? No, but to hear this daily crying you would think Simbin came over
to his house and gang banged his mother in front of him or something.

I'm much more PO'd that the N.America release of GTL isnt till next year

Mitch