Gear puller

Old March 22nd 05, 06:35 PM
Remco

Default Gear puller

Hi all

I need to replace my bearings. Do I need one of those fancy, very VW
specific, pullers for VW cranks or can I do with a regular claw type?

If I needed the tool more than once or twice or the tool wasn't
expensive (it is $60-90) as it is, I'd get one.
Unless you tell me I can screw the crank up by using a claw type, I'd
rather have that money go towards a new case, which I will get next
month.
If I do need one, what's the best price out there? This way, you can
borrow it from me any time

Thanks!
Remco

Old March 22nd 05, 06:40 PM
John Connolly

I have some we'll sell for $25, brand new. This is a blowour RAMVA special.

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.

oups.com...

Old March 22nd 05, 07:01 PM
Jan Andersson

Remco wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I need to replace my bearings. Do I need one of those fancy, very VW
> specific, pullers for VW cranks or can I do with a regular claw type?
>
> If I needed the tool more than once or twice or the tool wasn't
> expensive (it is $60-90) as it is, I'd get one.
> Unless you tell me I can screw the crank up by using a claw type, I'd
> rather have that money go towards a new case, which I will get next
> month.
> If I do need one, what's the best price out there? This way, you can
> borrow it from me any time
>
> Thanks!
> Remco

John's offer seems really tempting.

I've been using a cheap 3-claw puller, I filed the claws a little
thinner to allow them to fit properly.

Heat the gear with a small gas torch and it will come off easier.
Old March 22nd 05, 10:41 PM
remco

> John's offer seems really tempting.
>
> I've been using a cheap 3-claw puller, I filed the claws a little
> thinner to allow them to fit properly.
>
> Heat the gear with a small gas torch and it will come off easier.

Thanks.
John hooked me up so I'm all set.
Was debating to use a claw puller, but didn't want to bugger up the brass
gear - for $25 I don't have to worry about it.

Old March 22nd 05, 11:29 PM
Shag

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:41:21 -0500, "remco"
> wrote:

>> John's offer seems really tempting.
>>
>> I've been using a cheap 3-claw puller, I filed the claws a little
>> thinner to allow them to fit properly.
>>
>> Heat the gear with a small gas torch and it will come off easier.

>Thanks.
>John hooked me up so I'm all set.
>Was debating to use a claw puller, but didn't want to bugger up the brass
>gear - for $25 I don't have to worry about it.

Sounded like a blowour deal. :-)

---
"There's nothing wrong with a little shooting as long as the right people get shot."
- Inspector Harry Callahan
Old March 22nd 05, 11:35 PM
remco

> Sounded like a blowour deal. :-)

After reading the thread again, I see what you mean -- That's funny!
(I do hope it wasn't a freudian slip

Old March 22nd 05, 11:44 PM
Shag

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:35:44 -0500, "remco"
> wrote:

>> Sounded like a blowour deal. :-)

>After reading the thread again, I see what you mean -- That's funny!
>(I do hope it wasn't a freudian slip

I should have been an editor. Or not. Happy Easter, early. :-)
http://www.grayace.com/dex/bunny.html

---
Old March 23rd 05, 10:42 AM
Gary Tateosian

John Connolly wrote:

> I have some we'll sell for $25, brand new. This is a blowour RAMVA special.
>
> John
> Aircooled.Net Inc.

....please let me know how to order this John. I'm blowing out of town for the
weekend...btu will check RAMVA and mail this afternoon before I go.

Thanx =-)

....Gary

Old March 23rd 05, 04:02 PM
John Connolly

ok, REMCO got 1, we have one left at $25. These are great for the occasional
use.

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.

Old March 26th 05, 12:56 AM
remco

"John Connolly" > wrote in message
> ok, REMCO got 1, we have one left at $25. These are great for the

occasional
> use.
>
> John
> Aircooled.Net Inc.

Thanks, John.
I hope to only use it occasionally

removing gear box Sven Agardh VW water cooled 1 January 17th 05 11:48 AM
Buzzing at startup/ring gear SmarSquid Honda 1 January 16th 05 02:46 AM
auto trans won't downshift to 1st gear on 2000 Explorer V6 SOHC KI0FT Ford Explorer 3 December 23rd 04 01:02 AM
Speedo gear problem Jeff Scherb Jeep 2 December 19th 04 11:57 AM
No reverse gear on 2000 Saturn SL2 A/T 2000SaturnSL2 Saturn 6 October 6th 04 06:18 PM