Miata Seats

Old October 25th 05, 03:39 PM
Grant Edwards

Default Miata Seats

On 2005-10-25, BCRandy > wrote:

> I remember vividly how disappointed I was when I drove my
> brand new Miata with leather seats home from the dealership -
> My butt kept sliding about in corners!

Not to mention how not and sweaty leather is in the summertime.
I ended up putting sheapskin seat covers over the leather in my
96M.

> I've since gotten used to having to adjust my seating position
> every so often and to cinching down the seat belt in the
> twisties, but I still miss the "glued in place" feeling the
> cloth seats gave me.

I definitely made sure I got fabric seats when I bought my
second Miata (2003 Shinsen).

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! WHOA!! Ken and
at Barbie are having TOO
Old October 25th 05, 04:20 PM
Christopher Muto

that is a really interesting comment.
i was thinking about the vinyl (hampton leather) seat covers because of
their custom fit and good looks and because they don't cost much more seat
covers that often just look like, well, seat covers. but they probably are
just as slippery as leather, something i never thought of before. any
suggestions on fabric re-upholstery that looks as good as the original?
thanks.

Old October 26th 05, 06:54 PM
Chris D'Agnolo

Heck, who ever said that the OEM fabric was good looking, I think it's one
of the weakest points of the 1st gen miatas. Fades horribly. The aabest.com
site does have a fabric option (at least inserts) but the site is horribly
lacking in any type of photo gallery where you can see material / fit and
finish up close of the different options.

Chris
92BB&T (needing seat attention)

Old October 26th 05, 09:13 PM
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Heck, who ever said that the OEM fabric was good looking, I think it's one
> of the weakest points of the 1st gen miatas. Fades horribly. The aabest.com
> site does have a fabric option (at least inserts) but the site is horribly
> lacking in any type of photo gallery where you can see material / fit and
> finish up close of the different options.
>
> Chris
> 92BB&T (needing seat attention)

If you do decide to go stock anyway, I have a pair of black seats from a
1990 model that look practically brand-new, no tears, no stains, and a
very dark black color. They were covered for almost the entire life of
the car and the driver was small, so the cushions are even in great shape.

I was going to put them in my 1991 model, but I am thinking about either
selling that car or putting racing seats in if I keep it, so they will
probably be listed on Ebay soon.

Pat
Old October 27th 05, 12:17 AM
XS11E

"Peter Murphy" > wrote in
:

> I've just turned 230,000km. in my '91 Miata and the seats are
> starting to look a little the worse for the wear.
> Before I start looking around for suitable replacements could
> anyone advise me whether or not there are compatible seats from
> other Mazda models of the same vintage?

Look he

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I thought about this myself but can't afford it right now...