2002 Chev g3500 one ton van running lights problem

Old July 31st 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 2002 Chev g3500 one ton van running lights problem

The first question is can I get these to be off during the day? I've
been told that this is built into the design and cannot be
circumvented. On my wife's 2000 Bravada pressing the override button 4
times will accomplish this, but this trick does not work on my van.
Secondly, the running lights, (which seem to be the headlight low
beams) sometimes flicker constantly during daytime running rather than
being on steady. This will occur sporadically. I've also noticed that
when they do stay on they're not as bright as when you manually turn
the headlight switch on. A GM mechanic said that it was probably a bad
headlight switch. But why or how could a switch cause a predictible
and constant, at the same frequency, flicker? There is no trouble
during night time operation. Thanks, Lenny.
Old August 1st 08, 06:37 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

here is a reply to a daytime driving lights question on another site.
maybe it will give you a place to start.

Why don't the 'daytime driving lights' work on a 1999 GMC Suburban
anymore?

Make sure your parking brake is all the way off. If you notice,
whenever you step on the parking brake, it turns the driving lights
OUT. Even one click on the parking brake may be causing them to not
come on. Otherwise check your fuses and there is a relay for the
running lights also. Check that as well.

Check the DRL diode. It is located just left of center under the dash.
Has one screw holding it to the cross bar; kind of a pain to get to,
but fixed the problem.