Chrysler LLC Sells Tritec Motors to Fiat Powertrain Technologies

Old March 12th 08, 08:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
vintage

Default Chrysler LLC Sells Tritec Motors to Fiat Powertrain Technologies

Chrysler LLC today announced that it has signed an agreement to
transfer full ownership of Tritec Motors Ltda. to Fiat Powertrain
Technologies (FPT). The purchase includes the facilities, manufacturing
unit, production lines and the license to produce the current range of
products. The Tritec Motors plant is located in the town of Campo Largo in
the Curitiba metropolitan area, in the southern Brazilian state of Paraná.
"Today's announcement is great news and provides a stable future for Tritec
under the ownership of Fiat Powertrain Technologies," said Chrysler Vice
Chairman and President Tom LaSorda.
Tritec Motors was established in 1996 between Chrysler and the BMW
Group to manufacture 1.4- and 1.6-liter four-cylinder gasoline engines. The
Tritec name stands for the union of the three countries involved: Germany,
the United States, and Brazil. The plant was built on a 314-acre (1.27
million square meter) plot of land. Construction of the 430,556 square foot
(40,000 square meter) facility began in April 1998 and was completed by
January 1999. The first motor was assembled in September of that same year.
Built according to strict quality and technology standards, the gasoline
powered, four-cylinder, 16-valve 1.6- and 1.4-liter engines were destined
for export, formerly equipping all BMW MINI models worldwide; the Chrysler
PT Cruiser in South Africa, Europe and other foreign markets; and formerly,
the Chrysler (Dodge) Neon sold outside North America.

Old March 12th 08, 10:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

John Bradley added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

> I'm soooo in debt. Gotta find some cash. Need cash. Gotta sell
> something. Yeah, that's it. Sell something. But I don't own
> anything. Wait, I own part of something. OK...OK...I'll sell a
> plant that makes small, fuel efficient engines. Yeah, that
> makes sense. Put a gun to the Pentastar and put it out of its
> misery. It's over.
> john

Bradley, you really need to get a life. The only thing that could
possibly explain your extreme negativity and bitterness towards
Chrysler is that they somehow screwed you over, or your twisted
mind has convinced you of that. Since you have no stake in the
company, why don't you shut the **** up and just go away, please!

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Gentleman, you can't fight in here, this the War Room!" - the
President, from the movie 'Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to
Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb'

Old March 12th 08, 10:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
John Bradley

I'm soooo in debt. Gotta find some cash. Need cash. Gotta sell something.
Yeah, that's it. Sell something. But I don't own anything. Wait, I own part
of something. OK...OK...I'll sell a plant that makes small, fuel efficient
engines. Yeah, that makes sense.
Put a gun to the Pentastar and put it out of its misery.
It's over.
john

--
Vote for Ponzi - the US economy depends on him!

Old March 13th 08, 02:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

Leaving aside the larger issues for a moment, what I can't understand is why
when anyone posts any comments on Chrysler is there an immediate reaction
from Shirley? This self-appointed guardian of All Things Chryslerebus seems
to find it necessary to blub up to the surface of the cesspool and spew
forth some kind of vituperation. Pathetic, isn't it? As if she actually
knew something more than anyone else with a modem does.

It does answer my question about the eye of the storm, though. I guess we
have to travel through another batch of weather before we reach calm air
again.

Let's hope that when they break up and sell the pieces of Chryslerebus all
previous commitments to certifiable retirees will terminate on the spot.
I'm visualizing Shirley flipping burgers somewhere to pay for her medical
expenses. Catheters are not cheap I guess.

Max

Old March 13th 08, 02:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

MagisterMax added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

> Leaving aside the larger issues for a moment, what I can't
> understand is why when anyone posts any comments on Chrysler
> is there an immediate reaction from Shirley? This
> self-appointed guardian of All Things Chryslerebus seems to
> find it necessary to blub up to the surface of the cesspool
> and spew forth some kind of vituperation. Pathetic, isn't it?
> As if she actually knew something more than anyone else with
> a modem does.

I see baiting the miscreat nimrod worked again! So, Min, what is
it that YOU find so fascinating about mental toothache Bradley's
constant barrage of bad news, all of which is just sour grapes
and none of which has any basis in fact nor is it at all his
concern? I know, you both like to mind my business for me. Fine,
then do so - if you can.

> It does answer my question about the eye of the storm, though.
> I guess we have to travel through another batch of weather
> before we reach calm air again.
>
> Let's hope that when they break up and sell the pieces of
> Chryslerebus all previous commitments to certifiable retirees
> will terminate on the spot. I'm visualizing Shirley flipping
> burgers somewhere to pay for her medical expenses. Catheters
> are not cheap I guess.

That's like me saying that the Vancouver school board should can
your pension. Hmmm. Come to think of it, I think I have said
that, and can you for cause.

Old March 13th 08, 02:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_8_]

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:46:56 -0500, John Bradley wrote:

> I'm soooo in debt. Gotta find some cash. Need cash. Gotta sell something.
> Yeah, that's it. Sell something. But I don't own anything. Wait, I own part
> of something. OK...OK...I'll sell a plant that makes small, fuel efficient
> engines. Yeah, that makes sense.
> Put a gun to the Pentastar and put it out of its misery.
> It's over.
> john

O Paraná needs the employment desperately

o Brasil needs the employment AND the product

o The whole world needs the product

o Someone(s) other than Moparorwhateveritiscalledtoday is gonna
make a bundle on this

So, we still have the Big Three; I can't tell ya what they are at the mo',
but they're not US companies, AFAIK. Are we headed for the Big One?

For some odd reason, the word 'stupid' keeps popping into me wee head......

I'd say 'go figure', but I suspect that many already have, and their
personal bank accounts now rival those of many small countries.

Just two cents Canuck, which is now worth more than two cents U$D.

SW
(Silently Weeping)
````````````````````````````

Old March 13th 08, 03:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

John Bradley added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

> I enjoy the silence.
> I never see anything pussbucket posts. (It's that magic chip
> that can't be seen.) In fact, Ol' Renal Drain can change
> computers even and I tzee notzing he splorges out there. 'S
> Wonderful. S' Marvelous.
>
> Clusterebus can't make a strip-n-flip work and they're past
> the panic stage now. Chrysler retirees are toast - the Wall
> Street speculator class sees to that with every company they
> commit leveraged buyout on. Retirees don't even get to bid on
> the office furniture at shutdown. Too bad, as they'll need the
> particle board desks to heat their homes next winter. Selling
> off a BRIC-located (low-cost labor), hi-efficiency, modern
> engine plant. Brilliant!
>
> So both Ford and Cherbluss are going...going...gon...? That
> doesn't just leave GM standing alone proud to be
> Canadian/Mexican. No. Now with the Koreans - the freakin'
> KOREANS! - building factories in the US, the picture becomes
> clearer: lower class, semi-literate, non-unionized, cheap,
> do-anything-for-a-job, Americans as third-world laborers. I
> don't recall being promised as a schoolchild that our life
> would turn out this way. The new National Anthem: "You want
> fries with that?" Pity.
> john

"'Tis better to have love and lost than to have never have loved
at all" - too bad, numbnuts, that you don't own "stock" in any of
this, huh? If you were anti-American car companies, I'd
understand it. If you were anti-American ANY companies, I'd
understand it. If you were affected in ANY way by ANY company
associated with the car biz, whether owned by foreign or domestic
parent companies, I'd understand it. But, you are affected by NO-
thing except your own perverted and delusional brain. Or, am I
really right and Chrysler busted your chops one time too many?
Don't bother, I have friends in high places, remember?

Old March 13th 08, 03:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
John Bradley

Old March 13th 08, 06:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
John Bradley

Ya. Turns out FIAT is 'spending' Euro83million to buy the plant and to
upgrade it. I've gotten no breakdown on how much Collapse'r'us received for
their share. Great move for FIAT as they face-off with VW and Nissan (and
hmmmm?) for the South America market. This brings up why it will take a huge
(and retrogressive) shift in the global automotive marketplace to bring
FIAT, Alfa, PSA (officially), and Renault (not as Nissan) any benefit by any
of them either entering the NA market as an importer or scooping up empty B3
production facilities in US/Cdn sites to become a 'domestic'. The NA
marketplace is already fully saturated - there are more registered vehicles
in the US than there are people in the US. This does not count another
(probably) 20 per cent more non-registered but running vehicles just
sitting. This un-registered pool includes in-production, or
in-distribution/storage/floor plan new vehicles; used vehicles for sale; and
vehicles simply "parked". The Amerikan Kulture does not and will not accept
small, fuel-efficient, cost-effective vehicles (which are not for manly
men - especially French cars). So, if you are globally successful with those
types of vehicles, why enter a dark, dreary, dysfunctional marketplace where
you are hated? During a Depression.
But the BRIC market, on the other hand....

Cheers - don't forget to thank Ponzi for inventing today's US economy!
john

--
Vote for Ponzi - the US economy depends on him!

"Square Wheels" > wrote in
message news:mT%Bj.77500$w94.44981@pd7urf2no...

Old March 16th 08, 01:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Jim[_35_]

John Bradley wrote:
> I enjoy the silence.
> I never see anything pussbucket posts. (It's that magic chip that can't be
> seen.) In fact, Ol' Renal Drain can change computers even and I tzee notzing
> he splorges out there. 'S Wonderful. S' Marvelous.
>
> Clusterebus can't make a strip-n-flip work and they're past the panic stage
> now. Chrysler retirees are toast - the Wall Street speculator class sees to
> that with every company they commit leveraged buyout on. Retirees don't even
> get to bid on the office furniture at shutdown. Too bad, as they'll need the
> particle board desks to heat their homes next winter. Selling off a
> BRIC-located (low-cost labor), hi-efficiency, modern engine plant.
> Brilliant!
>
> So both Ford and Cherbluss are going...going...gon...? That doesn't just
> leave GM standing alone proud to be Canadian/Mexican. No. Now with the
> Koreans - the freakin' KOREANS! - building factories in the US, the picture
> becomes clearer: lower class, semi-literate, non-unionized, cheap,
> do-anything-for-a-job, Americans as third-world laborers. I don't recall
> being promised as a schoolchild that our life would turn out this way. The
> new National Anthem: "You want fries with that?"
> Pity.
> john

As we continue to spend 12 BILLION dollars a month is Iraq, escalating
from there for the next 100 years.

Not to mention bailing out those who gamboled on housing prices going up
forever, purchased by people who couldn't make the payments except by
kiting checks.

My guess is that we will eventually see the reason why there were
regulations in the first place. Eventually.

Chrysler offers lifetime full-powertrain warranty rob Auto Photos 1 July 27th 07 04:44 AM
Middle East Recycling Technologies show MEEF Technology 0 May 28th 07 07:34 AM
Chrysler Motors guest Auto Photos 8 February 27th 07 04:28 AM
The Next Automotive Technologies. [email protected] Ford Mustang 0 June 17th 05 03:41 AM
Fiat to Shut Alfa Engine plant, Buy GM motors F2004: 15 of 17* Alfa Romeo 8 March 1st 05 02:01 AM