Cannot remove flywheel, Ford Ranger 3.0l

Old May 27th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford

Default Cannot remove flywheel, Ford Ranger 3.0l

Ford Ranger
2002
3.0l V6
5 speed manual

I pulled the six bolts which hold the flywheel to the crank. But the
flywheel refuses to be pulled. It looks like there is a retaining
collar - connected to the crankshaft - which prevents the flywheel
from being removed.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Old May 28th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford
B.B.

In article .com>,
" > wrote:

> Ford Ranger
> 2002
> 3.0l V6
> 5 speed manual
>
> I pulled the six bolts which hold the flywheel to the crank. But the
> flywheel refuses to be pulled. It looks like there is a retaining
> collar - connected to the crankshaft - which prevents the flywheel
> from being removed.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

Probably just stuck. Screw in one clutch bolt and pry it out.
Should pull the flywheel loose.

Old May 28th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford
Malibu81

On May 27, 4:24 pm, "
> wrote:
> Ford Ranger
> 2002
> 3.0l V6
> 5 speed manual
>
> I pulled the six bolts which hold the flywheel to the crank. But the
> flywheel refuses to be pulled. It looks like there is a retaining
> collar - connected to the crankshaft - which prevents the flywheel
> from being removed.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

Try bolting a steering wheel puller to the flywheel and an impact to
remove it, if its factory installed its gonna be very difficult to
remove. shouldnt be any sort of retaining collar on the flywheel.
Hope this helps.
Brett B.

Old May 28th 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford

>> Probably just stuck. Screw in one clutch bolt and pry it out.
>> Should pull the flywheel loose.

> Try bolting a steering wheel puller to the flywheel and an impact to
> remove it, if its factory installed its gonna be very difficult to
> remove. shouldnt be any sort of retaining collar on the flywheel.
> Hope this helps.
> Brett B.

Thanks much for the advice. After more work and penetrating oil, the
flywheel
finally came off. In all my years I had never seen one which was
removed with
such difficulty.

Repost for new a.b.p.a. members: 1896 Ford Quadricycle In Glass Case, Henry Ford's 1st Car 59CID 4HP Engine & Flywheel rvr (H Ford Museum) CL.jpg 358004 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 5th 07 05:46 PM
Repost for new a.b.p.a. members: 1896 Ford Quadricycle In Glass Case, Henry Ford's 1st Car 59CID 4HP Engine & Flywheel rvl (H Ford Museum) CL.jpg 328661 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 5th 07 05:46 PM
3.0 ford ranger DAWG Ford Mustang 4 May 12th 06 05:03 PM
How do u remove ign. cylinder lock from 97 Ford Ranger? Drewzella Technology 5 November 5th 05 09:19 AM
remove 2001 Ford Ranger interior door panel rxdpad1 4x4 3 February 5th 05 10:32 AM