C'mon now...how sneaky can you get?!?!?

Old July 28th 10, 02:22 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.subaru
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

Default C'mon now...how sneaky can you get?!?!?

Over the years I have seen the Ct State police use just about anything for
an unmarked car, the usual Crown Vics, an occasional Chevy Impala of one
vintage or another. In the 80's they used Mustang 5.0s and Mazda MX6s for
undercover work.

Imagine my surprise when on a work trip to Hartford today I see a car
pulled over just outside of Enfield, with another car behind it. I didn't
notice the first car because of the second car. Then I saw the blue
uniform writing a ticket...

In one of these...

http://cdn.motors.co.uk/d/used-photo.../0/V619JTO.jpg
Old July 28th 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Plain unmarked cop cars, you don't know if a real cop is driving that
car, or not.Always keep going to a well lighted area where there are
people before you stop.
cuhulin

Old July 28th 10, 03:18 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.subaru
hls

"Hachiroku ハチ*ク" > wrote in message
e...
> Over the years I have seen the Ct State police use just about anything for
> an unmarked car, the usual Crown Vics, an occasional Chevy Impala of one
> vintage or another. In the 80's they used Mustang 5.0s and Mazda MX6s for
> undercover work.
>
> Imagine my surprise when on a work trip to Hartford today I see a car
> pulled over just outside of Enfield, with another car behind it. I didn't
> notice the first car because of the second car. Then I saw the blue
> uniform writing a ticket...
>
> In one of these...

Not many would get away from you, would they?

Old July 28th 10, 03:32 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.subaru
johninky

Around these parts about 10 years ago the local police used a white
Trans Am. Finally had to retire it because many women complained
about it not looking like a cop car.
Old July 28th 10, 03:35 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.subaru
johninky

Recall many years ago when I lived in the DC area the Maryland State
Police used a drug-confiscated 57 Ford Ranchero with a 425HP Ford 427
engine.
Old July 28th 10, 03:35 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.subaru
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:18:18 -0500, hls wrote:

> "Hachiroku ハチ*ク" > wrote in message
> e...
>> Over the years I have seen the Ct State police use just about anything for
>> an unmarked car, the usual Crown Vics, an occasional Chevy Impala of one
>> vintage or another. In the 80's they used Mustang 5.0s and Mazda MX6s for
>> undercover work.
>>
>> Imagine my surprise when on a work trip to Hartford today I see a car
>> pulled over just outside of Enfield, with another car behind it. I didn't
>> notice the first car because of the second car. Then I saw the blue
>> uniform writing a ticket...
>>
>> In one of these...
>>

> Not many would get away from you, would they?

That's what I was thinking. Maybe a GT-R...
Old July 28th 10, 03:46 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.subaru
Tegger[_3_]

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= >
wrote in e:

> Over the years I have seen the Ct State police use just about anything
> for an unmarked car, the usual Crown Vics, an occasional Chevy Impala
> of one vintage or another. In the 80's they used Mustang 5.0s and
> Mazda MX6s for undercover work.
>
> Imagine my surprise when on a work trip to Hartford today I see a car
> pulled over just outside of Enfield, with another car behind it. I
> didn't notice the first car because of the second car. Then I saw the
> blue uniform writing a ticket...
>
> In one of these...
>

> http://cdn.motors.co.uk/d/used-photo.../0/V619JTO.jpg

Up here in Ontario, the province's cops are using some Buicks, unmarked of
course. I've seen at least two, both painted non-metallic black.

Plus one city is using the standard Crown Vic, but with a taxi-light on the
roof! It doesn't say "TAXI" though, it just has a big phone-number. You
need to get up close before you see that, in /very/ small letters above the
phone-number, it says "POLICE". And the phone-number is that of the local
cops.

*******s.

--
Tegger
Old July 28th 10, 04:13 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.subaru
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:35:35 -0700, johninky wrote:

> Recall many years ago when I lived in the DC area the Maryland State
> Police used a drug-confiscated 57 Ford Ranchero with a 425HP Ford 427
> engine.

Now that's cool!

Old July 28th 10, 04:59 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:17:48 -0500, cuhulin wrote:

> Plain unmarked cop cars, you don't know if a real cop is driving that
> car, or not.Always keep going to a well lighted area where there are
> people before you stop.
> cuhulin

Yeah, there was a Bozo around here doing that, too.

I heard recently on the news that a "cop" pulled a motorist over and gave
him a "friendly warning" about something stupid; not using a turn signal
or some such BS. The guy who got 'pulled over" asked the "officer" for his
badge, and when he saw it was a fake, promptly arrested the idiot...

The guy he pulled over was an off-duty Sheriff's Deputy...

Old July 28th 10, 05:32 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.subaru
bugalugs

On 28/07/2010 2:46 p.m., Tegger wrote:
> =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?=<Trueno@e86 .GTS>
> wrote in e:
>
>> Over the years I have seen the Ct State police use just about anything
>> for an unmarked car, the usual Crown Vics, an occasional Chevy Impala
>> of one vintage or another. In the 80's they used Mustang 5.0s and
>> Mazda MX6s for undercover work.
>>
>> Imagine my surprise when on a work trip to Hartford today I see a car
>> pulled over just outside of Enfield, with another car behind it. I
>> didn't notice the first car because of the second car. Then I saw the
>> blue uniform writing a ticket...
>>
>> In one of these...
>>

>> http://cdn.motors.co.uk/d/used-photo.../0/V619JTO.jpg

> Up here in Ontario, the province's cops are using some Buicks, unmarked of
> course. I've seen at least two, both painted non-metallic black.
>
> Plus one city is using the standard Crown Vic, but with a taxi-light on the
> roof! It doesn't say "TAXI" though, it just has a big phone-number. You
> need to get up close before you see that, in /very/ small letters above the
> phone-number, it says "POLICE". And the phone-number is that of the local
> cops.
>
> *******s.

I recall at one stage we had all sorts of vehicles...with surfboards on
the roof.

My *******s are sneakier than your *******s