What are currently your 3 favorite muscle cars and why ?

Old April 5th 11, 11:17 PM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

Default What are currently your 3 favorite muscle cars and why ?

On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 08:02:46 -0400, Anna Khonda wrote:

> "IGot2P" > wrote in message
>> On 4/4/2011 6:38 PM, Anna Khonda wrote:
>>> mid 60's
>>> Mustang.. pony car
>>> 427 Fairlane.. muscle car
>>> Camaro.. pony car
>>> 427 Chevelle... muscle car
>>> Challener... pony car
>>> 426 SuperBee... muscle car
>>> Firebird.. pony car
>>> 389 tripower GTO... muscle car
>>>
>>> That's the way I 'member it.
>>>

>> Wouldn't you include my '70 429 SCJ Torino as a muscle car?> Don

> Sure....
> The list was not all inclusive, but an illustration in the debate on
> muscle vs. pony.....>

Anna Conda what?

Old April 5th 11, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.driving,aus.cars,rec.autos.driving
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 01:39:25 -0700, Jeff wrote:

> Irrespective of the age, make or model, what are currently your 3 favorite
> muscle
> cars and please separately say why, for each fave one named. You don't
> have to
> offer only ultra technical-mechanical reasons, but it's fine if that stuff
> is mentioned.

Interesting. I mentioned the GT 500, but no one else mentioned...

Eleanor...

http://www.classic-recreations.com/
Old April 6th 11, 07:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.driving,aus.cars,rec.autos.driving

On Apr 4, 1:33*pm, Lil Abner > wrote:
> On 4/4/2011 4:39 AM, Jeff wrote:> Irrespective of the age, make or model, what are currently your 3
> > favorite muscle
> > cars and please separately say why, for each fave one named. You don't
> > have to
> > offer only ultra technical-mechanical reasons, but it's fine if that
> > stuff is mentioned.

> 68 Dodge Charger Hemi or Cuda hemi
> 64 Ford Galaxie 427
> 69 Buick GS455
> Olds 442
> Nova SS396(402)
> Camaro SS427
> ChevyII 350 375 HP
> Chevelle 427
> AMC Rebel dog Leg port 401
> Mercedes SL63,SL65
> Ford Mustang 429 Boss
> 69 Fairlane 390 or 427
> The list is endless.
> At the time we had whatever you had was the baddest.
> They were all Bitchin and a lot more.
> Right now The Mustang and Camaro etc just don't have it.
> Before anyone says their Toyota will out run them they need to find one
> in tune. They don't have six and seven speeds etc. If they had evolved
> they would be pushing 800 hp. Instead we have emissions engines.
> If it wasn't for the exhaust sound tuning and cat the things would sound
> like chain saws with fart cannons.
> The fuel injection etc is tuned per EPA and NHTSA.
> There is no substitute for torque.

I hear ya Lil Abner, just to many to list.
Old April 8th 11, 08:59 AM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.driving,aus.cars,rec.autos.driving
Nick Naim

"Adrian" > wrote in message
> Jeff > gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
> saying:
>
>> Irrespective of the age, make or model, what are currently your 3
>> favorite muscle cars and please separately say why, for each fave one
>> named. You don't have to offer only ultra technical-mechanical reasons,
>> but it's fine if that stuff is mentioned.

> Care to give us a clue what you mean by "muscle cars"?

JFC Adrian u wr born yesturday.u r forgiven

Old April 8th 11, 10:06 AM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.driving,aus.cars,rec.autos.driving
Adrian

"Nick Naim" > gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

>>> Irrespective of the age, make or model, what are currently your 3
>>> favorite muscle cars and please separately say why, for each fave one
>>> named. You don't have to offer only ultra technical-mechanical
>>> reasons, but it's fine if that stuff is mentioned.

>> Care to give us a clue what you mean by "muscle cars"?

> JFC Adrian u wr born yesturday.u r forgiven

Apart from the fact that you seem to have utterly missed the point I was
making, you really are an illiterate ****wit.
Old April 8th 11, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
TS02_05champ

Anna Khonda wrote:
> mid 60's
> Mustang.. pony car
> 427 Fairlane.. muscle car
> Camaro.. pony car
> 427 Chevelle... muscle car
> Challener... pony car
> 426 SuperBee... muscle car
> Firebird.. pony car
> 389 tripower GTO... muscle car
>
> That's the way I 'member it.

I've never seen a Chevelle with a 427 in it.

Old April 8th 11, 11:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

My Top three Choices are 1957 Chrysler 300 C and 1957 Ford Fairlane 500
and 1958 Chrysler Imperial.Two door hardtops.Chrysler and Ford - Ford
and Chrysler.I don't want any of that foreign brand name stuff.Anything
other than that, I might as well be like Slim Pickens, How I Learned To
Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb.
cuhulin

Old April 9th 11, 12:09 AM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
AMuzi

TS02_05champ wrote:
> Anna Khonda wrote:
>> mid 60's
>> Mustang.. pony car
>> 427 Fairlane.. muscle car
>> Camaro.. pony car
>> 427 Chevelle... muscle car
>> Challener... pony car
>> 426 SuperBee... muscle car
>> Firebird.. pony car
>> 389 tripower GTO... muscle car
>>
>> That's the way I 'member it.

> I've never seen a Chevelle with a 427 in it.

I haven't either.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/4352.html

http://www.nofearmotorsports.com/ind...car_page&id=11

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Old April 9th 11, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
TS02_05champ

AMuzi wrote:
> TS02_05champ wrote:
>> Anna Khonda wrote:
>>> mid 60's
>>> Mustang.. pony car
>>> 427 Fairlane.. muscle car
>>> Camaro.. pony car
>>> 427 Chevelle... muscle car
>>> Challener... pony car
>>> 426 SuperBee... muscle car
>>> Firebird.. pony car
>>> 389 tripower GTO... muscle car
>>>
>>> That's the way I 'member it.

>> I've never seen a Chevelle with a 427 in it.

> I haven't either.
>
> http://www.supercars.net/cars/4352.html
>
> http://www.nofearmotorsports.com/ind...car_page&id=11

"In 1969, several dealers took advantage of the Central Office Producion
Orders (COPO) to receive some impressive muscle cars. The Chevelle was
among the Corvette and Camaro which got the potent 427 this way."

Now on the other hand I have seen a Corvette and a Camaro with a 427.

A friend of my Dad had the Vette, and as a teenager a friend on mine was
gonna buy a '69 Camaro with a 427 in it....until his Dad test drove it.

That thing was scary fast and he wouldn't let him buy it.
Old April 9th 11, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Scott Dorsey

TS02_05champ > wrote:
>Now on the other hand I have seen a Corvette and a Camaro with a 427.
>
>A friend of my Dad had the Vette, and as a teenager a friend on mine was
>gonna buy a '69 Camaro with a 427 in it....until his Dad test drove it.
>
>That thing was scary fast and he wouldn't let him buy it.

It's the combination of "scary fast" and "handles like a walrus on the
turns" that is so terrifying.

The Chevelle's handling made the Camaro seem responsive in comparison.

Really, this is a terrible, terrible way to die.
--scott