Ford chief seeks help from Toyota

Old January 8th 07, 10:52 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

Default Ford chief seeks help from Toyota

That is the source of your misunderstanding, you guys are equating NA parts
content with US content.

The funny thing is I asked the question of one of the Ford engineers at the
NYC show last year, he did not know the difference either. I had to call
one of my old friends also retired, from when I worked as a design engineer
at Ford, to get the correct answer as to why three are three numbers for
vehicle assembled the US.

mike

news

Old January 8th 07, 11:15 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

Of course people can disagree and still be a nice people, except politicians
I guess. Besides all my friends and relatives love me.

I have been going to the NYC International Auto Show since I was in college
in the early fifties, when it was held in the NYC Convention Center at
Columbus Circle. A number of friends in the business from Delaware and I
would drive every year but now we go by limousine on the first day, however
and that is the day before it is opens to the public.

mike

Old January 8th 07, 11:48 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Matt Macchiarolo

Yet you won't share it to prove your claims, and you wonder why no one
believes you.

Old January 8th 07, 11:50 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Matt Macchiarolo

Which office did you work at? I know a number of folks who work in Dearborn,
one of them lives two doors down from me. I will ask them if they remember

Old January 9th 07, 12:09 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

In my final years I worked in structural destructive testing, on crumple
zone design. I retired from Ford in 1986. You will not find me as Mike
Hunter in any event

Old January 9th 07, 12:14 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Matt Macchiarolo

Nice, so you won't confirm where you worked, under what name, you've been
retired for better than two decades, and your "sources" are retired
engineers as well, who I am sure are completely "in the know" for current
specifications and up-to-date practical engineering guidelines.

Old January 9th 07, 12:32 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

The current VIN numbering system has been in effect since 1980. Some of the
'young' guys I worked with and trained are now retiring. You can be
cynical and free to believe whatever you choose,. I could not care less. .

Old January 9th 07, 12:57 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Matt Macchiarolo

And you still won't post anything to validate your claims, you just say "I
know it for a fact." Well I for one have never met someone who wouldn't back
up their claims with evidence that wasn't considered a crackpot. How
convenient it is that you can't post a simple link to any evidence to back
up your claims, since after all it was a couple of guys that told you what
apparently no one else knows.

In psychiatric circles, that's known as a self-reinforcing delusion.

Have a good life.

<plonk>

Old January 9th 07, 03:12 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

I could not care less what you think, Dr Spock. LOL

Old January 9th 07, 03:27 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Hunter

Believe whatever you wish but actually nobody has posted anything that
disputed what I have said about the REASON for the three different number
assigned to vehicles made in the US. None of the sites posted pointed to
any other reason or anything else, except the fact that there is three
numbers and that fact has never been in dispute. Simply saying I can't find
that information, does not make what I have said incorrect If you
believe you can find another reason go find it, WBMA

mike