Interior and Instrument cluster lighting

Old January 15th 08, 03:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

Default Interior and Instrument cluster lighting

Accord 2004 EXL coupe, it has a redish color of the
interior lighting - are these incadescent bulbs with
red-transparent caps or something else, like red LEDs?

I have heated seats and driver side switch lost its
backlight. Not sure if this is just blown bulb or
something more with wiring... I know LED do not go
off like the regular incadescent bulbs...

How do I go about of fixing this switch backlight?
How to remove the switch for inspection ?
Old January 15th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Woody[_1_]

They are mini incandesent lamps with plastic covers on them. Honda must use
a very poor quality lamp as there are constant complaints on www.odyclub.com
about them going out. Most are replacing them with mini lamps from Radio
Shack as they are a lot cheaper than the dealer.

Old January 15th 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"Woody" > wrote in message ...
> They are mini incandesent lamps with plastic covers on them. Honda must use
> a very poor quality lamp as there are constant complaints on www.odyclub.com
> about them going out. Most are replacing them with mini lamps from Radio
> Shack as they are a lot cheaper than the dealer.

Are they the same lamps honda uses for years?
What if I pick a dozen or so from a local junkyard?
I do not think I could find 2004 on the yard yet...

BTW -
Do you know how to remove the lighted switch for the heated seats?
I would not like to scratch the surface or break some latch doing
this without a guidance...
Old January 18th 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Pszemol wrote:
> Accord 2004 EXL coupe, it has a redish color of the
> interior lighting -

<SNIP>

> How do I go about of fixing this switch backlight?
> How to remove the switch for inspection ?

-----------------------

www.slhondaparts.com has your diagrams. May help.

'Curly'
Old January 18th 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:36:00 -0600, "Pszemol" >
wrote:

>"Woody" > wrote in message ...
>> They are mini incandesent lamps with plastic covers on them. Honda must use
>> a very poor quality lamp as there are constant complaints on www.odyclub.com
>> about them going out. Most are replacing them with mini lamps from Radio
>> Shack as they are a lot cheaper than the dealer.

>Are they the same lamps honda uses for years?
>What if I pick a dozen or so from a local junkyard?
>I do not think I could find 2004 on the yard yet...
>
>BTW -
>Do you know how to remove the lighted switch for the heated seats?
>I would not like to scratch the surface or break some latch doing
>this without a guidance...

Use a flathead screwdriver with a wrap of electrical tape or a paper
towel.

Old January 18th 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

> wrote in message ...
>>Do you know how to remove the lighted switch for the heated seats?
>>I would not like to scratch the surface or break some latch doing
>>this without a guidance...

> Use a flathead screwdriver with a wrap of electrical tape or a paper
> towel.

So I need to just pry it up?
Should I put screwdriver to the gap on the long or short side?
Old January 18th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"motsco_" > wrote in message ...
> Pszemol wrote:
>> Accord 2004 EXL coupe, it has a redish color of the
>> interior lighting -

> <SNIP>
>
>> How do I go about of fixing this switch backlight?
>> How to remove the switch for inspection ?

> www.slhondaparts.com has your diagrams. May help.

Excellent site - thank you very much!

I am not sure if I know how to properly use it. See at the diagram:
http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.a...ViewParts=true

I am guessing item #15 is the washer reservoid level sensor.
How do I find its part #? It is probably available only in Canadian models, but still...