California bans driving while holding a cell phone - THIS IS BULL****

Old September 18th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Dave[_4_]

Default California bans driving while holding a cell phone - THIS IS BULL****

"necromancer" > wrote in message
th.net...
Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Scott en Aztlán
said in rec.autos.driving:
> Bill Funk > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> >>That's true but a $50 fine won't stop anybody.

> >That's more than you spent on your car.

> Correction: that's more than Judy's car is *worth.*

Correction: That's $50.00US more than Judy's car is *worth.*

Correction: That's $500.00US more than Judy's car is *worth*. That's about
how much you'd have to pay somebody to tow it away. -Dave

Old September 18th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On 17 Sep 2006 23:44:13 +0200, "Bill Bonde ('Anyone for tennis,
wouldn't that be nice?')" > wrote:

>Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:01:11 +0100, Eeyore
>> > wrote:

>> >And drivers can still be distracted by passengers too ! Utterly shocking. All
>> >passengers should have gags fitted ! This should be compulsory fitment at the
>> >factory.
>> >

>> Lots of things are distracting to drivers. Some like using a cell
>> phone or a radio or a CD can be banned. Other activities like talking
>> cannot be banned. Just because we can't stop ALL distracting
>> activities done by drivers doesn't mean we can't stop SOME of them.
>> THINK
>>

>Cellphones were never a problem when sane people were using them and
>driving. Apparently now that anyone has a phone, you fascists figure
>you'll take away rights from the rest of us.

Rights???? HAHAHA. You have a right to drive a 4000 pound car on
public highways while playing with a phone???? I suppose you have a
right to drive drunk too. URANUTBALL

Old September 18th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:31:58 -0400, "Ted Kennedy - President of DDDAMM
(Drunk Driving Divers Against Mad Mothers)" >
wrote:

>Hi. This is the meow-send program at usenet. I'm afraid I wasn't able
>to deliver any clue to the following address: Speeders & Drunk Drivers
>are MURDERERS >
>This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
>

>>OAKLAND, CA (AP) -- Governor Schwarzenegger singed a bill Friday that
>>will make it illegal to hold a cell phone while driving.

>When did Arnie start singing legislation?

Hey stupid. They misspelled "signed". You are so stupid. HAHAHA
Old September 18th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Dave[_1_]

Bill Bonde ('Anyone for tennis, wouldn't that be nice?') wrote:

> B1ackwater wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:01:11 +0100, Eeyore
>> > wrote:

>>> And drivers can still be distracted by passengers too ! Utterly shocking. All
>>> passengers should have gags fitted ! This should be compulsory fitment at the
>>> factory.
>>>
>>> Don't even start on the distraction caused by traffic !!!!!

>> There HAS been research done on this sort of stuff - and
>> cell phones are apparently MORE distracting than traffic,
>> the oldies station or even screaming kids. Too much of
>> the brain gets drawn into the conversation, drivers are
>> half there, half with the person on the other end of
>> the connection.
>>
>> ALL non-emergency telephone use by drivers should be banned.
>> We could re-fit some of those automatic speed cameras to
>> detect cell-band transmissions and snap a photo. If we can
>> see the driver fooling with a phone - instant ticket.
>>

> Bull. People should be free to use mobile phones if they want to.

And read books, apply make-up, shave, etc. All DISTRACTIONS! I would ban
them ALL!
Old September 18th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

Hi. This is the meow-send program at usenet. I'm afraid I wasn't able
to deliver any clue to the following address: Speeders & Drunk Drivers
are MURDERERS >

>You sound like you're joking but DVD players are available in cars and
>it's insane.

DVD players in cars are GREAT ideas. I mean, how else are you going to
pass the time when you're waiting for some retarded LLBer to vacate
the lane? I guess there's always solitaire on the laptop, if you don't
have a DVD handy. Of course, now that iPod has games available, I
could always mess with that.

---

"Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law? Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty?" ~ Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973

--

El Pollo Loco (Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend) demonstrates it's complete gullibility, stupidity, and state of delusion when it falls for an April Fool's joke, hook, line, and sinker:

Ragnar wrote:
> Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
> the Fool.

This is no joke.
Old September 18th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

(Kenny McCormack) wrote:

>>In article >,
>>Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote:

>>>You sound like you're joking but DVD players are available in cars and
>>>it's insane.

>>Yeah, it was funny how he juxtaposed a real problem (DVDs) with a fake
>>one (showering). Good technique.
>>
>>The reason that DVD players are allowed is because the culture has gone
>>kid-crazy. Anything that benefits breeding (aka, child rearing) is OK
>>(and cannot be criticized).

>It's also because Detroit loves car crashes. They make billions of $
>every year just replacing the cars totalled on our highways. Same
>reason they build cars that do 100mph and make commercials that
>encourage speeding. They don't care how many innocent people they kill
>as long as they make money off it.

Innocent people aren't involved in automobile accidents; incompetent
people are. Look up the definitions of "innocent" and "incompetent" if
you haven't torn those pages out of your facilities's dictionary yet.

---

Ragnar wrote:
> Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
> the Fool.

This is no joke.
Old September 18th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

Hi. This is the meow-send program at usenet. I'm afraid I wasn't able
to deliver any clue to the following address: Scott en Aztlán

>Bill Funk > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
>>>That's true but a $50 fine won't stop anybody.

>>That's more than you spent on your car.

>Correction: that's more than Judy's car is *worth.*

Correction: that's more than Judy is worth.

---

Ragnar wrote:
> Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
> the Fool.

This is no joke.
Old September 18th 06, 07:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Wally

GOOD! I hope it hits my state tomorrow -

Old September 18th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 01:49:27 -0500, Wally > wrote:

>GOOD! I hope it hits my state tomorrow -

Well - as the article says, it's not hitting CA for two years. Looks
like Schwarzenazi was bought off by the cell phone companies.
Old September 18th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 02:40:46 GMT, Dave > wrote:

>Bill Bonde ('Anyone for tennis, wouldn't that be nice?') wrote:
>>

>> Bull. People should be free to use mobile phones if they want to.
>>

>And read books, apply make-up, shave, etc. All DISTRACTIONS! I would ban
>them ALL!

And we need to take radios and CD players out of cars too. Distracted
drivers are MURDERERS.