Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

Old July 9th 06, 04:52 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Lawrence Lugar

Default Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

richasiankid, which one are you planning on getting?

the mercedes is a sissy status-seeking sport's car, the z4 looks weird, to
say the least....i like the suave-ness, curvacious body, poise and grace of
the boxster. midengine, rear-wheel drive..the ultimate for balance and
stability.

oups.com...

Old July 9th 06, 04:58 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Lawrence Lugar

i like the way the boxster looks like it glides on the road...with those
'propeller' wheels spinning.

i like the fact that there's no backseat as well. who needs that dead space
for a sportscar anyways?

i also like the soft, drop-top...even though you don't like
convertibles...it still looks sexy...it reminds me of a bikini top, lol

Old July 9th 06, 06:30 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Richard Sexton

In article <J3%rg.10587$Nv.8919@fed1read10>,
Lawrence Lugar > wrote:
>the mercedes is a sissy status-seeking sport's car,

The 6's were. The 55 will out-evrything the Prosche.

>say the least....i like the suave-ness, curvacious body, poise and grace of
>the boxster. midengine, rear-wheel drive..the ultimate for balance and
>stability.

You're guessing, and guessing wrong.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old July 9th 06, 02:47 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Dori A Schmetterling

And

- for looking the same at both ends..

DAS

---

"John Cisarik" > wrote in message
[...]
> Boxster:
> + for handling, quality, display arrangment
> - for lack of comfort

[...]

Old July 9th 06, 02:50 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Dori A Schmetterling

And the first Merc CLK Cab W208 looks much better then any of these and has
space for 4 reasonably-sized adults. And doesn't require one to stop and
think which end is which...;-)

DAS

---

"Richard Sexton" > wrote in message
> In article <J3%rg.10587$Nv.8919@fed1read10>,

[...]

Old July 10th 06, 04:08 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
RichAsianKid

Richard Sexton wrote:
> In article <J3%rg.10587$Nv.8919@fed1read10>,
> Lawrence Lugar > wrote:
> >the mercedes is a sissy status-seeking sport's car,

> The 6's were. The 55 will out-evrything the Prosche.

The CLK 63 (481hp) is coming out; any word on whether a SLK 63 is in
the works? But then maybe that'll make it too 'hood-heavy' assuming
it's heavier than the 55 equivalent.

Old July 10th 06, 04:20 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
RichAsianKid

Lawrence Lugar wrote:
> richasiankid, which one are you planning on getting?
>

> the mercedes is a sissy status-seeking sport's car, the z4 looks weird, to
> say the least....i like the suave-ness, curvacious body, poise and grace of
> the boxster. midengine, rear-wheel drive..the ultimate for balance and
> stability.

For now I'll stick with my 330Ci. If I have to choose, perhaps next
year, maybe the boxster S. Though I know I said I'd leaned towards the
Z4M before. Not sure, have to test drive them before I tell. I for
sure like the hp, but sometimes hp is not everything. LIke digicams -
other features like ergonomics, LCD screens become important when
pondering between a 8 MP and a 9 MP digicam - it's no longer megapixels
if the competition is too close.

My 330Ci engine, though weaker than the SLK350, seemed more purposeful
to me and there's that exhilirating rush as I rev up towards the
redline that I get from a bimmer that I don't get from a Mercedes it
seems - maybe too much Mercedes torque on the lower end of the rpm
curve, so it makes no sense to push the car harder - you see all there
is to see initially, so when you drive it hard, you get an anticlimax.
It sort of felt that way....I test drove the SLK350 for a cous of mine
(tells you how much she likes cars!) as she liked the shape and
styling. I sort of convinced the Mercedes sales who worked in BMW
before doing the testdrive that I was swapping the 330Ci for the
SLK350. He kept saying, "you know, you won't get much more horsepower
in this one....it won't go faster than the 330Ci......." What???
EVerything he stated was wrong and not in his favor. He's a born BMW
sales as you can tell. Unless he's applying reverse psychology on me!

Old July 10th 06, 04:24 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
RichAsianKid

RichAsianKid wrote:
> Lawrence Lugar wrote:
> > richasiankid, which one are you planning on getting?
> >

> > the mercedes is a sissy status-seeking sport's car, the z4 looks weird, to
> > say the least....i like the suave-ness, curvacious body, poise and grace of
> > the boxster. midengine, rear-wheel drive..the ultimate for balance and
> > stability.
> >

> For now I'll stick with my 330Ci. If I have to choose, perhaps next
> year, maybe the boxster S. Though I know I said I'd leaned towards the
> Z4M before. Not sure, have to test drive them before I tell. I for
> sure like the hp, but sometimes hp is not everything. LIke digicams -
> other features like ergonomics, LCD screens become important when
> pondering between a 8 MP and a 9 MP digicam - it's no longer megapixels
> if the competition is too close.
>
> My 330Ci engine, though weaker than the SLK350, seemed more purposeful
> to me and there's that exhilirating rush as I rev up towards the
> redline that I get from a bimmer that I don't get from a Mercedes it
> seems - maybe too much Mercedes torque on the lower end of the rpm
> curve, so it makes no sense to push the car harder - you see all there
> is to see initially, so when you drive it hard, you get an anticlimax.
> It sort of felt that way....I test drove the SLK350 for a cous of mine
> (tells you how much she likes cars!) as she liked the shape and
> styling. I sort of convinced the Mercedes sales who worked in BMW
> before doing the testdrive that I was swapping the 330Ci for the
> SLK350. He kept saying, "you know, you won't get much more horsepower
> in this one....it won't go faster than the 330Ci......." What???
> EVerything he stated was wrong and not in his favor. He's a born BMW
> sales as you can tell. Unless he's applying reverse psychology on me!

Which btw, I think in terms of cachet probably porsche > mercedes >
BMW. Street cred? Hmmm...porsche >BMW > Mercedes? Not sure.

Old July 10th 06, 11:29 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Dogger

The only rich asian kid i knew made his money by sucking dick.
What's your story boy, have you got a grove in your tongue from sucking
sausage?

Old July 10th 06, 11:55 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Lawrence Lugar

ignorant fool.

the only one you knew made his money sucking....lol, takes one to know one,
eh