2006 325 warranty... what gives?

Old August 16th 05, 11:18 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Choder > wrote:
> >I'm sure this is all very nice, but have you contacted BMW US - by fax,
> >phone, email or letter and asked them to send you a copy of the
> >warranty?
> >
> >After all, you were advised to do this early on, so it would be nice to
> >know the outcome.

> The outcome is I decided to avoid these cars.

Which is what I suspected after your first post.

You're some form of trawl.

--
*Am I ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old August 16th 05, 11:30 PM
Choder

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:42:19 -0400, "Tom K."
> wrote:

>"Choder" > wrote in message
.. .

>> The outcome is I decided to avoid these cars.

>All BMW drivers (and dealers) are breathing a sigh of relief.
>
>> Right now my eye is on the Lexus IS 350.. Lexus is forthcoming with
>> their information,

>Good - did they tell you they don't market an IS 350 in th U.S, only the IS
>300?

You need to take a look at the 2006 IS 250 and IS 350. At least check
out Lexus's website without making a total ass out of yourself.
Old August 16th 05, 11:31 PM
Choder

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:28:31 -0400, "Robin S." >
wrote:

>"Choder" > wrote in message
.. .

>> The outcome is I decided to avoid these cars. In the discussions
>> here, I have come to realize that most BMW owners are complete weenees
>> and morons. I dont want to be associated with them.
>>

>Forget the waranty - now we're going to buy a car based on the personalities
>of other owners of that same car. Are you driving a personality to work
>every day?
>
>Choder, have you driven the IS 350 yet? How does it compare to a bimmer?
>What about the Hyundai?

Its not out yet, which is why I said I am only eyeballing it. I'm
basing my interest on reviews from people who have driven it and
compared it to the 3 series. I wouldnt know about the Hyundai, you'll
have to fill us in on that.
Old August 16th 05, 11:31 PM
Choder

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:18:52 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Choder > wrote:
>> >I'm sure this is all very nice, but have you contacted BMW US - by fax,
>> >phone, email or letter and asked them to send you a copy of the
>> >warranty?
>> >
>> >After all, you were advised to do this early on, so it would be nice to
>> >know the outcome.

>> The outcome is I decided to avoid these cars.

>Which is what I suspected after your first post.
>
>You're some form of trawl.

Which explains why you decided to respond so many times, right?

heh...
Old August 16th 05, 11:56 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Choder > wrote:
> >> The outcome is I decided to avoid these cars.

> >Which is what I suspected after your first post.
> >
> >You're some form of trawl.

> Which explains why you decided to respond so many times, right?

BMW owners try to help others.

Enjoy your Lexus.

--
*I was once a millionaire but my mom gave away my baseball cards

Old August 16th 05, 11:58 PM
Tom K.

"Choder" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:42:19 -0400, "Tom K."
> > wrote:
>

>>"Choder" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> The outcome is I decided to avoid these cars.

>>All BMW drivers (and dealers) are breathing a sigh of relief.
>>
>>> Right now my eye is on the Lexus IS 350.. Lexus is forthcoming with
>>> their information,

>>Good - did they tell you they don't market an IS 350 in th U.S, only the
>>IS
>>300?
>>

> You need to take a look at the 2006 IS 250 and IS 350. At least check
> out Lexus's website without making a total ass out of yourself.

I did. www.lexus.com

Since the IS350 isn't yet available, there are no prices given - so your
statement is baseless. I, at least, gave you a Lexus comparison with the
BMW 325, the car you named in this thread and a car you could buy today if
you weren't so busy trolling.

BTW, the Lexus warranty is basically the same as BMW's (4 yr/50k miles), but
if you need more info, you need to "see your dealer for particulars"? Is
this how "Lexus is forthcoming with their information"?

Old August 17th 05, 01:05 AM
Choder

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:58:33 -0400, "Tom K."
> wrote:

>"Choder" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:42:19 -0400, "Tom K."
>> > wrote:

>>>All BMW drivers (and dealers) are breathing a sigh of relief.

>>>Good - did they tell you they don't market an IS 350 in th U.S, only the
>>>IS
>>>300?
>>>

>> You need to take a look at the 2006 IS 250 and IS 350. At least check
>> out Lexus's website without making a total ass out of yourself.

>I did. www.lexus.com
>
>Since the IS350 isn't yet available, there are no prices given - so your
>statement is baseless. I, at least, gave you a Lexus comparison with the
>BMW 325, the car you named in this thread and a car you could buy today if
>you weren't so busy trolling.
>
>BTW, the Lexus warranty is basically the same as BMW's (4 yr/50k miles), but
>if you need more info, you need to "see your dealer for particulars"? Is
>this how "Lexus is forthcoming with their information"?

What a retard. Search the site and you can find all the warranty
documents. Stay away from the computer, you're dangerous.

Old August 17th 05, 01:06 AM
Choder

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:56:25 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
> wrote:

>> >Which is what I suspected after your first post.
>> >
>> >You're some form of trawl.

>> Which explains why you decided to respond so many times, right?

>BMW owners try to help others.
>
>Enjoy your Lexus.

Some of your responses were helpful at first, but then later you
decided to join the fray of whiners.
Old August 17th 05, 01:00 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Choder > wrote:
> Some of your responses were helpful at first, but then later you
> decided to join the fray of whiners.

No, I simply asked if you'd contacted BMW and asked them to send you a
copy of the warranty. It's what any sensible person would do.

--
*A plateau is a high form of flattery.*

Old August 21st 05, 05:17 PM
Malt_Hound

Tom K. wrote:
> "Choder" > wrote in message
>
>>The outcome is I decided to avoid these cars.

> All BMW drivers (and dealers) are breathing a sigh of relief.
>

>>Right now my eye is on the Lexus IS 350.. Lexus is forthcoming with
>>their information,

> Good - did they tell you they don't market an IS 350 in th U.S, only the IS
> 300?
>

>>Besides the IS 350 will bloe the doors off BMWs in a remotely similar
>>price range, in all
>>aspects including performance and quality.

> 2005 IS 300: 5-speed base cost is $30,280, no maintenance included, 0-60
> in 6.8 seconds
> 2006 BMW 325: 6-speed base cost is $30,995 including 50,000 miles free
> maintenance, 0-60 in 6.7.
>
> Somehow, the Lexus, although a fine car, won't quite "bloe" the BMW's doors
> off!
>
> Maybe you need to do a bit more research and less "spanking" of us poor
> bimmer drivers!
>
> Tom

You can't pay for entertainment this good...

--
-Fred W

PS - Choder? Choder? What is Choder?