ABS light is on

Old January 8th 11, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.autos.bmw
dizzy

Default ABS light is on

Chris Whelan wrote:

>> A good quality meter (any Fluke, don't need the spendy 77) should last
>> the average jerk a lifetime.

>You must have a whole different class of average jerks where you come
>from! Some of the guys I worked with would kill at least one a year...

Well, I was thinking home/occasional usage. Daily usage in an
automotive shop would be far more abusive, of course.

Old January 9th 11, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.autos.bmw
Ian Dalziel

On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 10:42:36 -0600, dizzy >
wrote:

>Adrian wrote:
>
>>Apart from the fact that virtually no company (at least outside the motor
>>industry) actually _owns_ their company cars - they're all leased - I'll
>>tell you for a fact that there will be virtually no depreciation put
>>against Jaguar's books for those cars, since they'll be sold as approved-
>>used cars at a few months old.

>And a several-month-old used car hasn't depreciated significantly?
>
>A car depreciates significantly the moment it's driven off the lot and
>is then "used".

Which "lot" do Jaguar buy their cars from, then?

--

Ian D
Old January 9th 11, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.autos.bmw
Ian Dalziel

Old January 10th 11, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.autos.bmw
The Other Mike

On 7 Jan 2011 12:58:40 GMT, Adrian > wrote:

>When it comes down to it, you've got a thirsty 15yo example of BMW's
>absolute low-point of recent years, the E36.

Compared to anything Bangle touched it's a classic.

Old January 10th 11, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.autos.bmw
The Other Mike

Old January 10th 11, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.autos.bmw
Adrian

The Other Mike > gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying:

>>When it comes down to it, you've got a thirsty 15yo example of BMW's
>>absolute low-point of recent years, the E36.

> Compared to anything Bangle touched it's a classic.

ITYM "It might be a not-particularly-well-built bag of ****e, but at
least it's merely aesthetically bland rather than actively hideous..."

And as for the much-maligned Mr Bangle, I can only say "Fiat Coupe". He
_can_ design gorgeous stuff, he just chose not to whilst at BMW.
Old January 10th 11, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.autos.bmw
Adrian

86 C4 ABS LIGHT edsplacecars Corvette 1 October 25th 06 05:15 PM
ABS light on... Dangerousdt Honda 0 July 11th 06 05:04 AM
ABS Light Bill Hall Ford Explorer 5 May 22nd 06 10:10 PM
ABS Light came on xxxxxxxx Ford Explorer 3 December 31st 04 09:12 AM