Copy of email to [email protected]

Old March 3rd 05, 09:13 PM
Julian Edge

Default Copy of email to [email protected]

Sirs

I am writing to you to explain the reasons behind my bitter disappointment
with BMW.

In April 2001, I purchased an 'Approved' 318i from a dealership near High
Wycombe.

The vehicle was originally manufactured in 1996 and was clearly well cared
for, having a full service history with the dealer and so I thought that it
would be prudent to continue this arrangement.

During my four years of ownership, I have remained faithful to the
dealership and ensured that the vehicle has received regular servicing,
including a 'full service' of the air conditioning system in 2003.

Thankfully, there have been no major problems with the vehicle, with the
exception of a blown head gasket, which your staff assured me was due to 'a
dodgy gasket - a million to one chance'!

Today, my car was presented to the dealer for its '65,000 mile service'
(which, I am assured is low mileage for a BMW of this age; to quote your
staff again: 'These cars run for ever').

A 'phone call from the dealer informed me that the inspection had been
paused, since the engineer had discovered problems requiring immediate
attention, incurring a cost of approximately £2,000.00! (Please understand
that all previous services have been carried out at a cost of between
£300.00 and £500.00.)

When I naturally enquired after the nature of the work (expecting the
engineer to immediately inform me of some major impending disaster) I was
treated to an exhaustive list of trivial issues, beginning with 'The wiper
blades need replacing' and including 'The air conditioning belt is about to
split'. Apparently, the air conditioning belt is not inspected during a
'full service' of the air conditioning system.

I was then informed that it would cost about £1,000.00 to simply repair the
car to a roadworthy condition. After establishing that the vehicle is only
valued at the cost of the service, we finally agreed that I would pay
£340.00 for the 'work carried out so far'. (This included replacing the
screenwash; if the engineer had bothered to open the boot, he would have
found a full bottle of screenwash to the right.) In short, I paid £340.00
for a piece of paper telling me that my car is a pile of crap. This may
sound dramatic, however your staff agreed wholeheartedly with my analysis.

At this point, I would like to congratulate you on the impeccable standards
that you continually maintain in the manufacture of motor cars!

This is my first BMW, after many years of driving vehicles originating from
Germany, Japan, USA and the rest of Europe. The unbelieveble experience of
comfort, control and freedom that I associate with driving your cars
compensates abundantly for the patronising attitude of your sales staff from
Windsor to Worthing ("Have you driven a BMW before?")

I will continue to drive my beautiful 318i for as long as I can. However,
unlike yesterday, I cannot continue to support or recommend your products in
any way. Basically, I wouldn't buy a new one if you begged me to; at least
not until somebody can adequately explain how such a wonderful machine can
become a 'write-off' in the space of twelve months.

I am certain that the fact you are opening a new dealership at the end of my
street and that the servicing of my 'old' car holds very little profit for
you is totally unrelated to the the reasons behind my resentment of your
company.

With sadness

Julian Edge.

Old March 3rd 05, 09:20 PM
Screamingwitch©®²°°¾

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:13:52 -0000, "Julian Edge"
cacked this ****in treat out!
> [...]
>Germany, Japan, USA and the rest of Europe. The unbelieveble experience of
>comfort, control and freedom that I associate with driving your cars
>compensates abundantly for the patronising attitude of your sales staff from
>Windsor to Worthing ("Have you driven a BMW before?")
>
>I will continue to drive my beautiful 318i for as long as I can. However,
>unlike yesterday, I cannot continue to support or recommend your products in
>any way. Basically, I wouldn't buy a new one if you begged me to; at least
>not until somebody can adequately explain how such a wonderful machine can
>become a 'write-off' in the space of twelve months.
>
>I am certain that the fact you are opening a new dealership at the end of my
>street and that the servicing of my 'old' car holds very little profit for
>you is totally unrelated to the the reasons behind my resentment of your

mejulies out!
-

SCREAMINGWITCH!

SHEFFIELD FORUM UNMODERATED
http://freeuktalksheffield.hyperboards.com/

http://www.geocities.com/screamingwitch2000/FUKTS.html

When you post peoples personal info, It's show that you have nothing
left and have been spanked real good. To bad you fell for that phony #
and addy.=(PMD.alt.talk.******** PI revealer)

This is what happened. I was riding home on my mule holding my rooster
and hen. My mule stopped on me. Now my mule won't move until I scratch
him behind the ears. Well the pastor's wife was walking by. I only
said "Pardon me Mrs. Hillbunker but would you hold my cock and pullet
while I scratch my ass", and the next thing I know is that the police have
me on the ground, handcuffed, and beating me with billy clubs.

Tavish

"You have a woman's hand, milord! I'll wager these dainty
pinkies never weighed anchor in a storm."
"Your skin milord. I'll wager it ne'er felt the lash
of a cat ['o' nine tails], been rubbed with salt, and
then flayed off by a pirate chief to make fine
stockings for his best cabin boy."
"Ha. -Aah! You have a woman's purse! I'll wager that
purse has never been used
as a rowing-boat. I'll wager it's never had sixteen
shipwrecked mariners tossing in it."
"Oh! You have a woman's mouth, milord! I'll wager that
mouth never had to chew through the side of a
ship to escape the dreadful spindly killer fish. "
- Mad Captain Rum

PROMOTE YOOSNET.....X-POST!

Look into my eyes and it's easy to see
One and one make two, two and one make three,
It was destiny.
Once every hundred-thousand years or so,
When the sun doth shine and the moon doth glow
And the grass doth grow...
Needless to say, the beast was stunned.
Whip-crack went his schwumpy tail,
And the beast was done.
He asked us: "(snort) Be you angels?"
And we said, "Nay. We are but men."
Rock!

alt.pmd.spank.my.arse.please
alt.pmd.spank.my.big.arse.please
alt.pmd.spank.my.big.red.arse.please
alt.pmd.biggest.spanked.looser.on.usenet
SUBSCRIBE!

Breaker, breaker, lookout, watch your back
Be afraid there's a Frisbee-like cat who's a mighty
sharp blade.
So the feared and revered reputation was made of..... Sailcat

"You're a very empty person.
If I were of a superstitious bent,
I would seriously pray for you.
Being of a more rational mien,
I realise you are simply irredeemable.
Whoever turned you into the person you are
has a lot to answer for, one way
or another."---JAF:uk.misc

i change my sig everree now and then.its no big deal...
like an insect that needs attention with a can of aerosol and a lighter,,
they are both short lived

"No one takes any notice of trolls posting through alt.net.news or whatever
anonymous server you idiots use." -- Mike Clayton

mhm35x29
OFM#20

Frater V.V.L
Hierophant
Temple of Anubis No.2
Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn
Rosicrucian Order of Alpha et Omega.
PMD: is a rancid, deviant, corpse-popping mucus goblin
PMD: is a pungent, runny, cornhole-fixated crotch Jedi
PMD: is a cocksucking, cancerous, colon-pulling pickle champion
PMD: is a crummy, insane, mucus-abusing fudge champion
PMD: is a semi-retarded, foul-smelling, cow-****ting dog merchant
PMD: is a foul, monstrous, cornhole-absorbing corpse yanker
PMD: is a filthy, putrid, butt-humping crap champion
PMD: is a idiotic, moronic, whore-drinking fudge merchant
PMD: is a ignorant, aromatic, diarrhea-yanking asshole excavator

def leppard....that is all
Old March 3rd 05, 09:25 PM
SteveH

Julian Edge > wrote:

> Sirs
>
> I am writing to you to explain the reasons behind my bitter disappointment
> with BMW.
>
> In April 2001, I purchased an 'Approved' 318i from a dealership near High
> Wycombe.

That's what you get for buying an E36 I'm afraid.

They're the biggest heap of ****e ever to wear the BMW badge.

VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL
Old March 3rd 05, 09:26 PM
IT'S A EURO-ROVER, OLD MAN!

"Krustov" > wrote in message

>> In April 2001, I purchased an 'Approved' 318i from a dealership near High
>> Wycombe.
>>

> You failed to say for how much .

What's that got to do with it?

(318 in 2001 from a dealer? I'd say between £10k - £15k depending on mileage
/ bodywork / salesman)

Old March 3rd 05, 09:29 PM
IT'S A EURO-ROVER, OLD MAN!

"SteveH" > wrote in message

> That's what you get for buying an E36 I'm afraid.
>
> They're the biggest heap of ****e ever to wear the BMW badge.

Arguable. Don't forget the 'Compact', not to mention the stuff they're
pushing out since.

> Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'

<LOL!> Bin there! I'd rather have the Beamer ;0

Old March 3rd 05, 09:32 PM
SteveH

IT'S A EURO-ROVER, OLD MAN! > wrote:

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
>
> > That's what you get for buying an E36 I'm afraid.
> >
> > They're the biggest heap of ****e ever to wear the BMW badge.

> Arguable. Don't forget the 'Compact', not to mention the stuff they're
> pushing out since.

Well, the Compact took the worst bits of the E30 and the E36 and put
them in a very expensive, ugly package.

The new stuff may be ugly, but the E36 and Compact was an all-time low
for BMW, certainly in terms of build quality anyway.

> > Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'

> <LOL!> Bin there! I'd rather have the Beamer ;0

More reliable and durable than an E36. My brother has an E36 and it's in
worse condition than my 3 years older Alfa 75.

VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL
Old March 3rd 05, 09:32 PM
SteveH

IT'S A EURO-ROVER, OLD MAN! > wrote:

> "Krustov" > wrote in message
>
> >> In April 2001, I purchased an 'Approved' 318i from a dealership near High
> >> Wycombe.
> >>

> > You failed to say for how much .

> What's that got to do with it?

So we can all point and laugh.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL
Old March 3rd 05, 09:35 PM
IT'S A EURO-ROVER, OLD MAN!

"SteveH" > wrote in message

>> > You failed to say for how much .

>> What's that got to do with it?

> So we can all point and laugh.

You need an excuse?

Old March 3rd 05, 09:36 PM
Peter Corlett

SteveH > wrote:
[...]
> They're the biggest heap of ****e ever to wear the BMW badge.

Presumably it also has the usual persistent electrical faults which
means that the indicators don't work and the headlights are stuck on
full beam?

--
The holy passion of friendship is so sweet and so steady and loyal and enduring
a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend
Old March 3rd 05, 09:36 PM
SteveH

IT'S A EURO-ROVER, OLD MAN! > wrote:

> >> What's that got to do with it?

> > So we can all point and laugh.

> You need an excuse?

It's even funnier when you find out he paid several grand over the odds
for a heap of ****e ;-)
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL