Pedestrian Killed by Unmarked Police Car

Old March 30th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

Default Pedestrian Killed by Unmarked Police Car

http://www.wftv.com/news/11453184/detail.html

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- An unmarked Fort Lauderdale police car
responding to a shooting hit and killed a pedestrian crossing the
street, authorities said.

Police had received a weapon's complaint, which was upgraded to a
shooting, police spokesman Frank Sousa said. The unmarked, silver
Chrysler 300 hit an unidentified man who was crossing a main boulevard
in Fort Lauderdale.

The man was taken to Broward General Hospital, were he was pronounced
dead.

Witnesses said the Chrysler had no lights or sirens on and was
speeding. They said the pedestrian was crossing the street to a
convenience store, when he was struck. They said the speed of the car
and force of the impact sent his body flying and dislocated his legs.

"They moved him to cover it up," said Cornelius Washington, 31, of
Fort Lauderdale, who said he saw the impact. "If they were going slow
enough, they wouldn't have hit him. For his legs to come off, how fast
must you be going?"

Police wouldn't comment on the pedestrian's injuries or the speed of
the police car.

The driver of the police car would be placed on paid, administrative
leave pending the outcome of an investigation, Sousa said.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This
material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
---

WWJD? Would Lt. Hadily approve?

Old March 30th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article om>, MLOM wrote:
> http://www.wftv.com/news/11453184/detail.html
>
> FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- An unmarked Fort Lauderdale police car
> responding to a shooting hit and killed a pedestrian crossing the
> street, authorities said.
>
> Police had received a weapon's complaint, which was upgraded to a
> shooting, police spokesman Frank Sousa said. The unmarked, silver
> Chrysler 300 hit an unidentified man who was crossing a main boulevard
> in Fort Lauderdale.
>
> The man was taken to Broward General Hospital, were he was pronounced
> dead.
>
> Witnesses said the Chrysler had no lights or sirens on and was
> speeding. They said the pedestrian was crossing the street to a
> convenience store, when he was struck. They said the speed of the car
> and force of the impact sent his body flying and dislocated his legs.
>
> "They moved him to cover it up," said Cornelius Washington, 31, of
> Fort Lauderdale, who said he saw the impact. "If they were going slow
> enough, they wouldn't have hit him. For his legs to come off, how fast
> must you be going?"
>
> Police wouldn't comment on the pedestrian's injuries or the speed of
> the police car.
>
> The driver of the police car would be placed on paid, administrative
> leave pending the outcome of an investigation, Sousa said.
> Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This
> material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
> ---
>
> WWJD? Would Lt. Hadily approve?

Jaybird defended the 90mph no-light cop that nearly hit my car in a 45mph
zone.... Hell, there was a cop that brush passed me as I rode by bicycle
on a residental street last week. Same hurry to go sit in a parking lot
too.

Old March 30th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave

"MLOM" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> http://www.wftv.com/news/11453184/detail.html
>
> FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- An unmarked Fort Lauderdale police car
> responding to a shooting hit and killed a pedestrian crossing the
> street, authorities said.
>
> Police had received a weapon's complaint, which was upgraded to a
> shooting, police spokesman Frank Sousa said. The unmarked, silver
> Chrysler 300 hit an unidentified man who was crossing a main boulevard
> in Fort Lauderdale.
>
> The man was taken to Broward General Hospital, were he was pronounced
> dead.
>
> Witnesses said the Chrysler had no lights or sirens on and was
> speeding. They said the pedestrian was crossing the street to a
> convenience store, when he was struck. They said the speed of the car
> and force of the impact sent his body flying and dislocated his legs.
>
> "They moved him to cover it up," said Cornelius Washington, 31, of
> Fort Lauderdale, who said he saw the impact. "If they were going slow
> enough, they wouldn't have hit him. For his legs to come off, how fast
> must you be going?"
>
> Police wouldn't comment on the pedestrian's injuries or the speed of
> the police car.
>
> The driver of the police car would be placed on paid, administrative
> leave pending the outcome of an investigation, Sousa said.

And this is about the thousandth example I've read in recent years where a
cop or government official of some kind screws up royally in a way that just
about anybody would be FIRED, INSTANTLY, WITH NO APPEAL, and is instead
REWARDED with a PAID VACATION. **** -Dave

Old March 31st 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Brent P wrote:

>> The driver of the police car would be placed on paid, administrative
>> leave pending the outcome of an investigation,

Is that the same as a paid vacation?
Old March 31st 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

A few days ago, the local police department responded several cars to
the scene of an accident. The right lane was blocked a ways through a
gradual right curve making it difficult for oncoming traffic to see. So,
of all the police cars they had on scene, which one do you think they
parked the furthest ahead of the accident to warn approaching traffic.

Not one of several marked cruisers with the blue and red strobes and the
big scrolling arrow in the rear window. A stupid unmarked sedan with
(barely noticeable) strobes in the taillights. They don't hire these
guys for their brains, I guess.

--
Paul Hovnanian
-- Etaoin Shrdlu
Old March 31st 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> Jaybird would assume that the cop was responding to a call or had some
> VERY good reason for responding at high speed without lights or siren.

Like tonight's speeding c(r)ook county sherrif.. (unmarked cruiser in
c(r)ook county with sherrif plates so I assume it was a c(r)ook county
cop, driver in uniform but I couldn't get a good enough view to read any
patches)

I am doing 35 in 35 when this guy races up to my bumper and swings
around. He's doing about 50mph. I catch up two him at two different red
lights. I take off faster than him on purpose and stop accelerating
exactly at 35mph... both times he goes by me accelerating to 50mph. I
lose sight of him as I get caught by light and he goes into the faster
section. A number of miles down the road I catch up to him again thanks
to a frieght train. He's way up at the front of the queue but I can see his
cruiser up there. He had been there long enough that he was frustrated
from waiting and does a U-turn.

I am sure jaybird will say he must have had an emergency to get to... never
mind I was making the same time over several miles at the posted limit.....

Old March 31st 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Speeders & Drunk
Drivers are MURDERERS said in rec.autos.driving:
> Brent P wrote:
>

> >> The driver of the police car would be placed on paid, administrative
> >> leave pending the outcome of an investigation,

> Is that the same as a paid vacation?

May as well call it that.

--
Aunt Judy defends a known *drunk driver*:

"Almost all vehicle 'accidents' are due to driver
recklessness but the Chappaquidick incident is one
instance where it may really have been no ones
fault except the idiot who built the bridge."
--"Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend," 11/10/2005
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/9jtjt
Msg ID:
Old March 31st 07, 07:00 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Bill[_12_]

> They don't hire these
> guys for their brains, I guess.

No, they specifically hire them for their lack thereof:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...C0A96F9582 60

Old March 31st 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larry Bud

On Mar 30, 1:09 pm, "MLOM" > wrote:
> http://www.wftv.com/news/11453184/detail.html
>
> FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- An unmarked Fort Lauderdale police car
> responding to a shooting hit and killed a pedestrian crossing the
> street, authorities said.
>
> Police had received a weapon's complaint, which was upgraded to a
> shooting, police spokesman Frank Sousa said. The unmarked, silver
> Chrysler 300 hit an unidentified man who was crossing a main boulevard
> in Fort Lauderdale.
>
> The man was taken to Broward General Hospital, were he was pronounced
> dead.
>
> Witnesses said the Chrysler had no lights or sirens on and was
> speeding. They said the pedestrian was crossing the street to a
> convenience store, when he was struck. They said the speed of the car
> and force of the impact sent his body flying and dislocated his legs.
>
> "They moved him to cover it up," said Cornelius Washington, 31, of
> Fort Lauderdale, who said he saw the impact. "If they were going slow
> enough, they wouldn't have hit him. For his legs to come off, how fast
> must you be going?"
>
> Police wouldn't comment on the pedestrian's injuries or the speed of
> the police car.

So what? Haven't you learned that cops can do whatever the **** they
please and that they are always right? Geez.

Old April 1st 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Mar 31, 3:51 pm, "Larry Bud" > wrote:
> On Mar 30, 1:09 pm, "MLOM" > wrote:
>

> >http://www.wftv.com/news/11453184/detail.html

> > FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- An unmarked Fort Lauderdale police car
> > responding to a shooting hit and killed a pedestrian crossing the
> > street, authorities said.

> > Police had received a weapon's complaint, which was upgraded to a
> > shooting, police spokesman Frank Sousa said. The unmarked, silver
> > Chrysler 300 hit an unidentified man who was crossing a main boulevard
> > in Fort Lauderdale.

> > The man was taken to Broward General Hospital, were he was pronounced
> > dead.

> > Witnesses said the Chrysler had no lights or sirens on and was
> > speeding. They said the pedestrian was crossing the street to a
> > convenience store, when he was struck. They said the speed of the car
> > and force of the impact sent his body flying and dislocated his legs.

> > "They moved him to cover it up," said Cornelius Washington, 31, of
> > Fort Lauderdale, who said he saw the impact. "If they were going slow
> > enough, they wouldn't have hit him. For his legs to come off, how fast
> > must you be going?"

> > Police wouldn't comment on the pedestrian's injuries or the speed of
> > the police car.

> So what? Haven't you learned that cops can do whatever the **** they
> please and that they are always right? Geez.- Hide quoted text -

So true...they are paid to enforce it, not abide by it.

3000 US troops killed in Iraq in 4 years - 3000 americans killed on highways EVERY MONTH Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS Driving 14 January 13th 07 02:14 AM
police with quota ticket mayor, police officer face charges. Brent P[_1_] Driving 3 October 30th 06 05:59 PM
Unmarked OPP car on 401 in London Ontario (it's a Dodge Caravan) Drive Guy Driving 2 October 10th 06 04:23 AM
nut case pedestrian? Tim B Driving 8 July 4th 06 06:48 PM
Toward a manifesto on unmarked cars Charles Packer Driving 57 September 21st 05 11:45 AM