1994 525i AC blower fan... maybe...??

Old July 16th 08, 04:16 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected][_2_]

Default 1994 525i AC blower fan... maybe...??

I just purchased my first BMW... 1994 525i right hand drive (stationed
in Japan).

Love it so far, but the AC, on high, does not blow very hard at all.
Are there any particular things in the AC equipment string that I
could check/replace in order to increase the strength of the fan? The
AC runs cold like it is supposed to, just not very hard at all. Could
I replace just the actual fan? It is very hot and humid here and
stronger AC would be marvelous.

Not very experienced with AC systems, so if anyone could give some
advice or pointers I woul appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jimmy
Old July 16th 08, 04:24 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Floyd Rogers[_1_]

> wrote
>I just purchased my first BMW... 1994 525i right hand drive (stationed
> in Japan).
>
> Love it so far, but the AC, on high, does not blow very hard at all.
> Are there any particular things in the AC equipment string that I
> could check/replace in order to increase the strength of the fan? The
> AC runs cold like it is supposed to, just not very hard at all. Could
> I replace just the actual fan? It is very hot and humid here and
> stronger AC would be marvelous.

Try replacing the microfilter (hvac system filter).

FloydR

Old July 18th 08, 06:51 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected][_2_]

Thanks for the Input... this seems like the answer because the fan
"sounds" like it is blowing a lot harder than it actually is. I am in
Japan, so the odds of me finding a BMW dealer close to me that speaks
a little english are slim. I will be forced to try it myself. I hope
the right-hand drive doesn't cause too much of an problem. I ordered
a bentley BMW repair manual, hopefully it can help me out.
Old July 18th 08, 11:32 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

I would suggest you replace (or just remove) the cabin air filter.

Old July 21st 08, 12:38 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected][_2_]

Found a local Japanese BMW dealer over the weekend... He is ordering
the filter and will change it out next weekend, and for about $100.
Hopefully that corrects the issue. I will let everyone know how it
turns out.

Getting rid of a 95 525i [email protected] BMW 10 March 14th 07 06:56 PM
I need to replace the water pump on my 1994 525i. [email protected] BMW 1 November 19th 06 01:59 AM
Heater / blower for bmw 320 i 1994 Coupe? Lordy BMW 2 November 22nd 05 05:24 PM
01 525i Jason BMW 0 May 25th 05 06:55 PM
1994 525i Rainey BMW 3 January 10th 05 07:40 PM