Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

Old July 18th 06, 11:34 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Jim Keenan

Default Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

"Richard Sexton" > wrote in message
> In article <RdOug.38449$AB3.8624@fed1read02>,
> Jim Keenan > wrote:
>>Exactly what it's been all along - you have no knowledge of the service
>>records of the car in question and are in no position to postulate the
>>reason for the engine problem. It's a simple concept.

> Absolutely. Maybe he didn't change the oil enough or something.

Yeah, half the factory recommended interval isn't near enough. Of course you
knew that before you wrote this latest piece of BS............

Old July 20th 06, 01:48 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Richard Sexton

In article <Vedvg.38528$AB3.31723@fed1read02>,
Jim Keenan > wrote:
>didn't change the oil enough or something

That's ok, do better next time. Try half the factory recommendation.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old July 20th 06, 09:45 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Richard Sexton > wrote:
> In article <Vedvg.38528$AB3.31723@fed1read02>,
> Jim Keenan > wrote:
> >didn't change the oil enough or something

> That's ok, do better next time. Try half the factory recommendation.

Why? Do you do the same with all the fluids in the car, and if so why not?

--
*Reality? Is that where the pizza delivery guy comes from?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old July 20th 06, 10:51 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Richard Sexton

In article >,
Dave Plowman (News) > wrote:
>In article >,
> Richard Sexton > wrote:
>> In article <Vedvg.38528$AB3.31723@fed1read02>,
>> Jim Keenan > wrote:
>> >didn't change the oil enough or something

>> That's ok, do better next time. Try half the factory recommendation.

>Why? Do you do the same with all the fluids in the car, and if so why not?

Jesus. I hear there's a sesne of humour on ebay. They take paypal and
ship internationally.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old July 21st 06, 12:42 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Harry[_1_]

Both the SLK and the Z4 are hairdressers cars.

oups.com...

Old July 22nd 06, 03:26 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Jim Keenan

"Richard Sexton" > wrote in message

> That's ok, do better next time. Try half the factory recommendation.

Whatever you say, Dick.

Old July 22nd 06, 11:12 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Richard Sexton

In article <nAqwg.39032$AB3.27731@fed1read02>,
Jim Keenan > wrote:

>"Richard Sexton" > wrote in message
>

>> That's ok, do better next time. Try half the factory recommendation.

>Whatever you say, Dick.

That's the spirit. Hope this helps.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net
Old July 23rd 06, 03:50 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Jim Keenan

"Dick Head" > wrote in message

> That's the spirit. Hope this helps.

Not really, dick.

Old July 25th 06, 04:30 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
Martin Joseph

On 2006-07-23 07:50:32 -0700, "Jim Keenan" > said:

> "Dick Head" > wrote in message
>

>> That's the spirit. Hope this helps.

> Not really, dick.

I think you need to capitalize that.