Explorer V8 EGR valve replacement

Old March 15th 05, 07:36 AM
Frank

"phoeneous" wrote:
> So, thats not my EGR valve circled in the first picture? Ill
> have to look again but I couldnt find anything that resembles
> the description you gave me. Can you take a pic of yours?

Phoeneous,

I don’t have a picture of my installation. What is the make and year
of your vehicle? With this info I can look up the part nos. for your
EGR Valve and the EGR Valve Position Sensor that mounts on the back of
it (assuming yours is the same as mine). If the parts number are the
same as mine I can give you a website which shows actual views of the
parts. Even if yours aren’t the same as mine and if views are
available for your vechile, I will provide you the info for locating
the views so you can use them to locate the parts on your vehicle.

The unit that you circled on your first picture is most likely a part
of your heating system, because it looks like its attached to the
heater hoses, as in my vehicle.
Old March 15th 05, 10:18 PM
phoeneous

"Fred 2" wrote:
> No it is not, that part is a vaccum operated water valve for
> the
> heater.
>
> On 14 Mar 2005 19:34:56 -0500, phoeneous
> >
> wrote:
>

> >So, is this my EGR Valve?
> >
> >http://www.photohost.org/gallery/dat...92egrfront.jpg
> >
> >http://www.photohost.org/gallery/dat...92egrright.jpg
> >
> >http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/92egrleft.jpg

Fred, can you edit the pics I posted and point to the area you are
referring to? Im confused

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Explo...ict105117.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=502406
Old March 16th 05, 02:19 AM
Fred 2

Go the the URL below and look at the 2 scans and the captions below
them

http://ourplaceusa.home.att.net/egr.htm

On 15 Mar 2005 16:18:48 -0500, phoeneous

Old March 16th 05, 06:24 AM
Frank

"phoeneous" wrote:
> Fred, can you edit the pics I posted and point to the area you
> are referring to? Im confused

Phoenous,

You need to state the year and make of your vehicle. For instance the
EGR valve in my 96 Explorer 5.0L looks like the info that I provided
you and applies to my year and make. My car’s ianstallation is also
like the info Fred2 provided you. However, for instance, at the site
www.rockauto.com which I previously provided you, it lists two
different Ford(Motorcraft) Valve Part Nos. for a 97 Explorer 5.0L and
they are significantly different. One is exactly like mine and the
other is very different and doesn’t use an EGR valve position sensor.

For your vehicle, you must look at this site and determine which one
you have. Hopely, yours is like the second one and not like mine.
First the second one is smaller, half the price and doesn’t require an
EGR valve position sensor.

Fred has shown you where on your intake manifold it is and you need to
compare yours to the 97 example that I gave to determine which one
your vehicle has.
Old March 27th 05, 12:14 AM
Dave Horoschak

Thank you to everyone who posted pics and provided information. I
finally got this finished, though it was tough getting the bottom nut
back on the EGR valve.

In the process, I noticed that one of the lines that runs to the
canister attached to the EGR spacer (vapor control solenoid?) was
cracked and broken. I managed to get it reconnected. My question is -
what does this part do? One line is connected to the EGR valve. I
wasn't able to trace the broken one. Am I liable to run into future
problems because of this?

Thanks again.
- Dave

Old November 21st 15, 07:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Rich

Default Explorer V8 EGR valve replacement

replying to Dave Horoschak, Rich wrote:
I'm trying to locate mine on my 97 Explorer 5.0 is it right on top?

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/ford-expl...ent-11026-.htm

Old December 8th 17, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
runbeguy9000

replying to Kevin D, runbeguy9000 wrote:
i have the 2002 and up hopwever i havent found 1 that covers the 2001 v8 (XLT)
version.
im trying tom repklace the erg in mine.

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/ford-expl...ent-11026-.htm