Enhanced Seatbelt Law for Colorado

Old January 19th 05, 02:09 AM
CEO Council

Default Enhanced Seatbelt Law for Colorado

We would like to thank the Democrat Controlled General Assembly of
Colorado for being courageous to put forth a bill (House Bill 1138).
Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety (http://www.saferoads.org),
California Highway Patrol, International Chiefs of Police and other
organizations especially corporate executives applaud members of the
General Assembly for making a decision to put forth a law that will be
good for all Coloradoans regardless whether they want it or not. This
idea of rugged individualism and personal choice counter's Society's
views including that driving is a privilege, not a right annd Society
can determine at their whim who can drive and who cannot. It is time
to put the word privilege back into driving.

We ask that everyone contact the Colorado Assembly and demand this
legislation be passed ! (http://www.leg.state.co.us) Also ask the
General Assembly for a motorcycle helmet law as well. Free spirit
ideals are counter to the vision of Society especially the CEO
Council.
Old January 19th 05, 06:33 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Hey why don't they legalize drunk driving while they're at it??.
Killing people with your car is cool.

Old January 19th 05, 06:33 AM

Old January 19th 05, 07:26 PM
Michael Fierro

> idea of rugged individualism and personal choice counter's Society's
> views including that driving is a privilege, not a right annd Society

That's exactly right. Driving is a privilege, not a right. When you get
behind the wheel of a car, you effect not just yourself but others on the
road with you. If you have your own private road that no one else drives
on, then feel free to drive however you want on it. But if you're on the
same road that other people are on, then you'd damned well better follow
the rules of the road.

-===-
Michael Fierro
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org http://weightjournal.com
---
"Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed
awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam... And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow
you foweva... So tweasure your wuv." - The Impressive Clergyman,
"The Princess Bride"
Old January 19th 05, 08:10 PM
Brent P

In article >, Michael Fierro wrote:
>> idea of rugged individualism and personal choice counter's Society's
>> views including that driving is a privilege, not a right annd Society

> That's exactly right. Driving is a privilege, not a right. When you get
> behind the wheel of a car, you effect not just yourself but others on the
> road with you. If you have your own private road that no one else drives
> on, then feel free to drive however you want on it. But if you're on the
> same road that other people are on, then you'd damned well better follow
> the rules of the road.

Privilege not a right has been used to basically suspend the bill of
rights if we use a motor vehicle. Not to mention any sort of public or
private transportation. Because people have become so accustomed to
giving up their rights while using motorized transporation, it is slowly
be extended to walking as well. Thusly IMO is is a very poor arguement to
use for seatbelt laws.

Seatbelt use should simply be the same as the use of any other piece of
equipment required on a motor vehicle. Using headlamps at night, using
wipers when needed, using mirrors before changing lanes. It's an
equipment issue. Nothing more or less. It's a piece of equipment to keep
occupants in their place and that's the reason it should be used. Not
because our right of choice becomes suspended whenever some possible
impact on others can be drawn.

Old January 19th 05, 08:31 PM
gpsman

Brent P wrote: <brevity snip>

> Seatbelt use should simply be the same as the use of any other piece

of
> equipment required on a motor vehicle. Using headlamps at night,

using
> wipers when needed, using mirrors before changing lanes. It's an
> equipment issue. Nothing more or less. It's a piece of equipment to

keep
> occupants in their place and that's the reason it should be used. Not

> because our right of choice becomes suspended whenever some possible
> impact on others can be drawn.

I used to agree with you... until the Supplemental Restraint System
(SRS) became mandated. Seatbelt laws are a necessary evil because not
enough people are smart enough to use them. These are the same
non-thinkers that crash into **** and get killed.

Thanks to them airbags were rushed to be made mandatory to punch us in
the face or break our arms during a collision.

And, it could be argued that keeping a numbnuts in their seat during a
collision/loss of control would assist them in regaining control or, at
least, reducing the loss of control... but not by me.
-----

- gpsman

Old January 20th 05, 03:45 AM

I think so. To bad I don't live in your neighborhood; I'd love to do
the tax payers a favor and mow your worthless ass over. But then again,
you're not worth having to have the car repaired over. Maybe an old
beater pick-up with a concrete-fill brush bar?
How's it going, loser?

Old January 20th 05, 05:10 AM
John David Galt

How does this law help anybody other than the individual who is forced
to belt in?

I say, let natural selection take its course. Colorado and especially
Boulder have more than enough stupid people already.
Old January 20th 05, 09:27 AM
Bob Lutz

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:10:05 -0800, John David Galt wrote:

> How does this law help anybody other than the individual who is forced to
> belt in?
>
> I say, let natural selection take its course. Colorado and especially
> Boulder have more than enough stupid people already.

Well, it DOES have Boulder in the crossposted groups... that explains a
lot of it. The People's Republic of Boulder is why you can't smoke
anymore in Colorado.

Hey, the cops have to eat too