3 series coupe announced

Old April 24th 06, 05:38 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default 3 series coupe announced

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futurevehicles/new3coupe

I hope the styling follows over to the e90.

Old April 24th 06, 06:16 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 00:38:32 -0400, "joe_tide" > wrote:

>http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futurevehicles/new3coupe
>
>I hope the styling follows over to the e90.

*twin turbo*?

dizzy is gonna have a cow, man!

ahahahahahahahahahaha!
Old April 24th 06, 09:34 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

335i. The tale came true.

Old April 25th 06, 04:20 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Thank god they didn't name it a 4 series, which they almost did

Old April 29th 06, 04:01 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

"joe_tide" > wrote in news:124olhmobml9c76
@corp.supernews.com:

> http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futurevehicles/new3coupe
>
> I hope the styling follows over to the e90.

For Sale:

2004 330Ci ZHP package
6 Speed
Loaded
21,000 KM
Silver Grey with Black leather and Black Aluminum Trim
***Avail September***
Old May 14th 06, 02:55 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

"weng94" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Thank god they didn't name it a 4 series, which they almost did

Why? Now dropping the "C" from the coupe's designation--keeping it in line
with the 6 series--merely adds confusion.

I'd buy the car whether it's a 335i or a 435i. And would have appreciated
the distinctiveness of the coupe having unique naming.

--
Kevin
Old May 26th 06, 08:38 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Kevin Oberle > haute in die Tasten:

> I'd buy the car whether it's a 335i or a 435i. And would have
> appreciated the distinctiveness of the coupe having unique
> naming.

Living in Munich, I have seen sveral 3' series coupés lately. They
seemde to be pre-production cars, because the brand signs were hidden
under tape.

My two first impressions were these:

1. looks nice, clean and plain. Somehow like a mixture between E90
and 850ci. Not bad, but also not totally terriffic.

2. no sound. The new engine soulds like an electric motor. May sound
different from the inside, but the sound was as low asi twas boring.

Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
Old May 26th 06, 09:14 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

"Frank Kemper" > wrote in message

> Living in Munich, I have seen sveral 3' series coupés lately. They
> seemde to be pre-production cars, because the brand signs were hidden
> under tape.
>
> My two first impressions were these:
>
> 1. looks nice, clean and plain. Somehow like a mixture between E90
> and 850ci. Not bad, but also not totally terriffic.
>
> 2. no sound. The new engine soulds like an electric motor. May sound
> different from the inside, but the sound was as low asi twas boring.

That's my objection to my early ('99) E46. You can't hear the engine at all
from inside the car with the windows closed. My other BMW, a Z4, has a
resonant tube in the engine bay to amplify the sound - seems sort of nutty,
but it works pretty well.

Tom K.

Old May 26th 06, 10:29 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

"Frank Kemper" > wrote in message
> Kevin Oberle > haute in die Tasten:
>
>> I'd buy the car whether it's a 335i or a 435i. And would have
>> appreciated the distinctiveness of the coupe having unique
>> naming.
>>

> Living in Munich, I have seen sveral 3' series coupés lately. They
> seemde to be pre-production cars, because the brand signs were hidden
> under tape.
>
> My two first impressions were these:
>
> 1. looks nice, clean and plain. Somehow like a mixture between E90
> and 850ci. Not bad, but also not totally terriffic.
>
> 2. no sound. The new engine soulds like an electric motor. May sound
> different from the inside, but the sound was as low asi twas boring.
>
> Frank
>
> --
> please replace spam-muelleimer with fk-newsgroups for e-mail contact
>
> Citroen - Made in Trance

I agree on the "not bad" thing. Much better than the E90 though, especially
the rear end.

Do you think you may heve seen the 3 series gas/electric hybrid?

Old May 28th 06, 12:28 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

"joe_tide" > haute in die Tasten:

> Do you think you may heve seen the 3 series gas/electric hybrid?

No. Don't think so. The thing sounded like a very, very silent inline
six

Fine, if you like very, very silent cars;-)

Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance

3 Series Sports Coupe / Baby Seat [email protected] BMW 0 July 11th 05 12:00 PM
3 series Coupe Kris BMW 2 July 2nd 05 10:48 PM
Flashpoint Racing Series begins tonight! [email protected] Simulators 34 February 18th 05 02:37 AM
Team Shootout on OLRtv! & FP Hardcore Series Joe Lomas Simulators 0 December 4th 04 07:00 PM
BMW series 1 ? aniram General 6 March 28th 04 11:59 PM