car donation?

Old March 29th 11, 05:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Sam[_10_]

Default car donation?

Does anyone have a good idea of where in the San Francisco Bay Area I
could donate my 1965 Ghia? It needs some body and cosmetic work, but
is a great daily driver. I would love it to go to a good home, so I
was considering donating it to a tech school that could use it as a
practice car. I contacted De Anza College, but they don't want a car
that old. Does anyone know a good tech high school? I'd want to be
able to claim the value of the car as a tax deduction, so it would
have to be a non-profit organization.

Details on the car:
https://sites.google.com/site/sam1965ghia/

If anyone has any suggestions, lemme know.

Thanks,

-Sam
Old March 29th 11, 08:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randall

On 3/29/2011 9:04 AM, Sam wrote:
> Does anyone have a good idea of where in the San Francisco Bay Area I
> could donate my 1965 Ghia? It needs some body and cosmetic work, but
> is a great daily driver. I would love it to go to a good home, so I
> was considering donating it to a tech school that could use it as a
> practice car. I contacted De Anza College, but they don't want a car
> that old. Does anyone know a good tech high school? I'd want to be
> able to claim the value of the car as a tax deduction, so it would
> have to be a non-profit organization.
>
> Details on the car:
> https://sites.google.com/site/sam1965ghia/
>
> If anyone has any suggestions, lemme know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Sam

You might want to donate your car to a charity. Before you do, read the
following web page for suggested do's and don'ts. There are legitimate
charities and fraudulent ones out there.
http://nonprofit.about.com/od/fordon...ardonation.htm

If you can't decide on who to donate it to, I am willing to take it off
of your hands, although I am not a tax deductible charity.

Old March 30th 11, 12:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
LoveBus

On Mar 29, 3:08*pm, Randall > wrote:
> On 3/29/2011 9:04 AM, Sam wrote:
>

> > Does anyone have a good idea of where in the San Francisco Bay Area I
> > could donate my 1965 Ghia? It needs some body and cosmetic work, but
> > is a great daily driver. I would love it to go to a good home, so I
> > was considering donating it to a tech school that could use it as a
> > practice car. I contacted De Anza College, but they don't want a car
> > that old. Does anyone know a good tech high school? I'd want to be
> > able to claim the value of the car as a tax deduction, so it would
> > have to be a non-profit organization.

> > Details on the car:
> >https://sites.google.com/site/sam1965ghia/

> > If anyone has any suggestions, lemme know.

> > Thanks,

> > -Sam

> You might want to donate your car to a charity. Before you do, read the
> following web page for suggested do's and don'ts. There are legitimate
> charities and fraudulent ones out there.http://nonprofit.about.com/od/fordon...ardonation.htm
>
> If you can't decide on who to donate it to, I am willing to take it off
> of your hands, although I am not a tax deductible charity.

Donate to "Purple Heart" in your area the proceeds go to our Veterans
and they will pick it up. http://www.carsforveterans.org/?gcli...FcPd4AodKG2Qkg
Old March 31st 11, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

On 3/29/2011 12:04 PM, Sam wrote:
> Does anyone have a good idea of where in the San Francisco Bay Area I
> could donate my 1965 Ghia? It needs some body and cosmetic work, but
> is a great daily driver. I would love it to go to a good home, so I
> was considering donating it to a tech school that could use it as a
> practice car. I contacted De Anza College, but they don't want a car
> that old. Does anyone know a good tech high school? I'd want to be
> able to claim the value of the car as a tax deduction, so it would
> have to be a non-profit organization.
>
> Details on the car:
> https://sites.google.com/site/sam1965ghia/
>
> If anyone has any suggestions, lemme know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Sam

try donating it to a young VW enthusiast instead.
I'm sure you would find it a good home at www.shoptalkforums.com for
example.

I would take it but I'm in Virginia
That is my dream VW right there.

Jan

Car Donation Resources john Technology 0 October 3rd 07 04:16 AM
Car Donation Resources john 4x4 0 October 3rd 07 04:12 AM
Car Donation Resources john Honda 0 October 3rd 07 04:09 AM
Car Donation Resources john Driving 0 October 3rd 07 04:07 AM
Car Donation Question Vivek Hungund General 7 December 13th 04 06:41 AM