Fantastic cars in SD area

Old January 30th 08, 07:38 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Stude

Default Fantastic cars in SD area

THE SAN DIEGO COLLECTION

Every month or two I like to stop here on the way home from my usual
auto museum duties. It's what I call an automobile consignment shop,
although I don't know if that's the correct term. It's in a one story
building on El Cajon Blvd at 72nd Street in La Mesa, California.
In addition to cars, there are old radios, toys, etc. I've never
really looked at the shelves.

Today, 1/25/08, they were setting up the best selection I have ever
seen there - better than most museums of this size. No description
sheets were available, so the info is from what I could guess, see on
what sheets were there or pester out of people. They were busy and are
used to be being underfoot!
The vehicles seemed to be to the usual high standard. I didn't see a
flaw anywhere during my hour visit. (I'm no expert and haven't
officially judged at a car meet for decades.)

What I remembered seeing:
1932 Chrysler 4 seat convertible
1941 Lincoln Continental Conv. (Black)
1941 Mercury Convertible.
1954 Corvette Convertible. White.
1965 Ford Mustang Convertible.
1951 Olds 98 HT (Holiday?)
1954 Oldsmobile
1956 Bentley modified saloon body on R-Type chassis for Le Mans
1956/57 Lincoln Continental MKII
Two silver Bentleys 4 seat conv circa 40/50s?
Two Jaguar 120 (?) Convertible Red & ??
19XX Mercedes-Benz 2-dr, w/detachable top
1934 Vale 1933 (special)*
1934 Bugatti coupe, loudly supercharged
1935 Ford Convertible Coupe
There are some where I could read my scribbling and may be more
coming. Who knows?

*Vale made about 25 cars a year (1932 - 36) of an extremely high
quality, which continue to be sought after today [1974] Source:
Culshaw & Horrobin
AFAIK, This is the first one I have ever seen. I hope not the last.

Old March 4th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Classic Nation

I would love to see some pictures of these cars. Any chance you can
snap a few next time you are in the area? I would be happy to host
them for you...