Why all these weird posts from 1999?

Old August 28th 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny[_2_]

Default Why all these weird posts from 1999?

What is all the crap that keeps getting posted in this group? Is there
any way to stop it? How do posts from 8 years ago on some off the wall
topic end up on this group?

Forrest

Old August 28th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
tranch

"Otto Skorzeny" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> What is all the crap that keeps getting posted in this group? Is there
> any way to stop it? How do posts from 8 years ago on some off the wall
> topic end up on this group?
>

> Forrest

Something from your ISP? I haven't seen any '99 posts.

Old August 28th 07, 08:11 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Stude

On Aug 28, 11:45 am, "tranch" > wrote:
> "Otto Skorzeny" > wrote in message
>
> ps.com...
>
> > What is all the crap that keeps getting posted in this group? Is there
> > any way to stop it? How do posts from 8 years ago on some off the wall
> > topic end up on this group?

> > Forrest

> Something from your ISP? I haven't seen any '99 posts.

These are the "MI5" ones that are clutteriing so many other groups.
There is some sicko posting them.
I expect that he posted them some time ago and found them through a
Google search, copied the parts of them he wanted and reposted them.
Apparentlty some servers have managed to delete them so you don't have
to crawl over them to get to where you want.
Not my server, nor yours, apparently.

Hang on, new posts will put them back down the list... until the next
strike.