Swing axle boots

Old October 9th 13, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
ChrisKlinger

Default Swing axle boots

Replaced my boots November of 2012. Just noticed that one is already split
at the top.

I know I didn't buy bargain-basement. Wish I could remember where I bought
'em!

Can anyone recommend who sells boots that last?
Old December 15th 13, 08:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Chris,

Did you have the bolt seam at the top?

That seam should be placed at either 9 O'clock or 3 O'clock (fore or aft), so it does not bend so much as the axle works up and down. They last longer that way.

Rob
Rob and Dave's aircooled VW pages
www.vw-resource.com