Another weird thing about my MSM

Old August 9th 10, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

Default Another weird thing about my MSM

Did I mention that there isn't enough room to the left of the clutch pedal
for my foot? It's size 9 on a good day. Is the place for your foot for
show only? If you rest your foot there and lift it to clutch, it catches
the side of the clutch pedal. I wonder if the linkage can be bent a little
or if a smaller pedal can be substituted. It's a small thing, but an
annoyance in traffic.

Old August 9th 10, 05:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

On 8/8/2010 10:20 PM, Frank Berger wrote:
> Did I mention that there isn't enough room to the left of the clutch pedal
> for my foot? It's size 9 on a good day. Is the place for your foot for
> show only? If you rest your foot there and lift it to clutch, it catches
> the side of the clutch pedal. I wonder if the linkage can be bent a little
> or if a smaller pedal can be substituted. It's a small thing, but an
> annoyance in traffic.

What about somehow changing the stop for the clutch pedal?
Admittedly, I've had a similar problem with a 99 and size nines also.

Old August 9th 10, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

Chuck wrote:
> On 8/8/2010 10:20 PM, Frank Berger wrote:
>> Did I mention that there isn't enough room to the left of the clutch
>> pedal for my foot? It's size 9 on a good day. Is the place for
>> your foot for show only? If you rest your foot there and lift it to
>> clutch, it catches the side of the clutch pedal. I wonder if the
>> linkage can be bent a little or if a smaller pedal can be
>> substituted. It's a small thing, but an annoyance in traffic.
>>

> What about somehow changing the stop for the clutch pedal?
> Admittedly, I've had a similar problem with a 99 and size nines also.

I thought that since WWII the Japanese have pretty much caught up with
Americans in terms of height. Do their feet tend to be smaller? Even if
so, you'd think for the big-foot American market they could have figured out
somethnig different. Sheesh.

Old August 10th 10, 04:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Frank Berger" > wrote in message Do their feet
tend to be smaller? Even if
> so, you'd think for the big-foot American market they could have figured
> out somethnig different. Sheesh.

Agreed. Not sure if any of the aftermarket pedal kits are any smaller. As
far as bending it, seems to me this should be do-able but you'd probably
have to remove it (the pedal itself) so you didn't do damage to other things
up under there. I'm sure Mazda wouldn't approve of any pedal placement
modifications though!

Chris
99BBB

Old August 10th 10, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2010-08-09, Frank Berger > wrote:
> Chuck wrote:
>> On 8/8/2010 10:20 PM, Frank Berger wrote:
>>> Did I mention that there isn't enough room to the left of the clutch
>>> pedal for my foot? It's size 9 on a good day.

[...]

>> What about somehow changing the stop for the clutch pedal?
>> Admittedly, I've had a similar problem with a 99 and size nines also.

> I thought that since WWII the Japanese have pretty much caught up
> with Americans in terms of height. Do their feet tend to be smaller?
> Even if so, you'd think for the big-foot American market they could
> have figured out somethnig different. Sheesh.

Is there noticably less room than in the stock NB models? I drive my
'03 wearing size 11.5 hiking boots and Teva sandals (both of which
have a pretty wide sole) and never noticed any problem. The more I
hear/see about recent Miatas, the more I'm thinking my next one will
have to be a used NB.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I always have fun
at because I'm out of my
Old August 10th 10, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Grant Edwards > wrote:

> Is there noticably less room than in the stock NB models?

I have an NA and spent a couple of hours driving an NC, both have more
than enough room for my size 12 EEEs.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old August 10th 10, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

XS11E wrote:
> Grant Edwards > wrote:
>
>> Is there noticably less room than in the stock NB models?

> I have an NA and spent a couple of hours driving an NC, both have more
> than enough room for my size 12 EEEs.

I had no such problem with my '96.

Old August 10th 10, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Frank Berger" > wrote:

> XS11E wrote:
>> Grant Edwards > wrote:
>>
>>> Is there noticably less room than in the stock NB models?

>> I have an NA and spent a couple of hours driving an NC, both have
>> more than enough room for my size 12 EEEs.

> I had no such problem with my '96.

Hmmmm, I've never driven an NB but I'm guessing they'd be the same as
the NA and the MSM should be more of the same.

I wonder if yours was modified in some way?

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old August 11th 10, 03:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
jasper

On Aug 8, 7:20*pm, "Frank Berger" > wrote:
> Did I mention that there isn't enough room to the left of the clutch pedal
> for my foot? *It's size 9 on a good day. *Is the place for your foot for
> show only? *If you rest your foot there and lift it to clutch, it catches
> the side of the clutch pedal. *I wonder if the linkage can be bent a little
> or if a smaller pedal can be substituted. *It's a small thing, but an
> annoyance in traffic.

Frank, Did you even drive this car before you bought it ? If you
dislike it so much, why don't you just sell it and stop crying about
all the things you don't like ? It sounds like you are not enjoying
even having it around.

Jasper
Old August 11th 10, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

jasper wrote:
> On Aug 8, 7:20 pm, "Frank Berger" > wrote:
>> Did I mention that there isn't enough room to the left of the clutch
>> pedal for my foot? It's size 9 on a good day. Is the place for your
>> foot for show only? If you rest your foot there and lift it to
>> clutch, it catches the side of the clutch pedal. I wonder if the
>> linkage can be bent a little or if a smaller pedal can be
>> substituted. It's a small thing, but an annoyance in traffic.

> Frank, Did you even drive this car before you bought it ?

Yes.

> If you
> dislike it so much,

I don't.

>why don't you just sell it

I might. I've already said so. Please try to pay attention.

>and stop crying about
> all the things you don't like ? It sounds like you are not enjoying
> even having it around.

That would be a gross exaggeration.

> Jasper

Thanks for the advice, Jasper.

Help me understand...(2004 MSM) Hal Mazda 1 December 28th 09 06:55 AM
2004 MSM Hal Mazda 12 October 13th 09 05:04 AM
MSM 4 Sale Chris D'Agnolo Mazda 6 January 30th 08 01:08 AM
Weird wiring for a weird car Will Technology 9 March 3rd 06 02:46 AM