1999 Saturn SL automatic

Old August 9th 04, 02:50 PM
littleone2

Default 1999 Saturn SL automatic

My car is blowing blue smoke it is burning oil. No oil leaks on the
ground, I have 92800 miles. What could it be and how much is the cost.

Old August 9th 04, 03:22 PM
Bob Shuman

Most likely cause are your engine's valve seals or the piston rings. Do a
Google search of this newsgroup for a procedure to "unstick" your rings.
Some have reported limited success in significantly reducing oil
consumption. The overnight procedure seemed pretty simple and not very
costly. It seemed worth trying first before you invest major dollars in
rebuilding the engine or have to dump the vehicle.

Good luck (and post your results so that others can benefit from your
experience.)

Bob

lkaboutautos.com...

Old August 9th 04, 04:20 PM
MR

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 09:50:24 -0400, "littleone2" >
wrote:

>My car is blowing blue smoke it is burning oil. No oil leaks on the
>ground, I have 92800 miles. What could it be and how much is the cost.

If you havne't tried it already, change your pcv valve and see if that
helps. If not, got to the ring sticking aid.
MR