Audi Reliability Unacceptable by US Standards

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 2nd 10, 05:04 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

Default Audi Reliability Unacceptable by US Standards

On 2010-11-02 12:20:09 -0400, "David" > said:

> lution.
>
> Your RS6 comes as four wheel drive and does not lose traction so easily. I
> think you would find my BMW more difficult to control than your RS6 when
> driven hard.

A stock (U.S.) RS6 comes with 450bhp and 415 lb-ft of torgue avail from
1950 - 5600 rpms. It's all wheel drive (not 4 wheel drive) allows it
to perform just as well in the rain as in dry (with proper tires). The
first year I owned my RS6 (I bought it in Oct 2003) I went through the
winter in New England without snows. Quattro would allow me to go just
about anywhere, including a neighbor's steep driveway, in snow.
However, with its stock performance tires, it could not stop in snow.
The next season I installed a set of Hakkapeliitta snow and found that
not only could I go just about anywhere, but I could stop fairly well
also.

I have owned Quattros from the mid 80s until present. Some of the more
sophisticated ones, 2.7 L turbo 1990 A6 Avant, 1994 S4, 2000 A6 4.2. I
can tell you that Audi's 5 cylinder turbo and the 4.2L V8 are some of
the finest engines ever built. My #2 grandson sill drives my S4, while
his brother drives a 2000 S4, and their father drives my 2000 A6 4.2.
Other than normal wear and tear item, all the cars have performed
flawlessly.

I am looking at the latest iteration of the A8. I have driven it and
it is a wonderful car.

Dave

RSC behavior UNACCEPTABLE reggie white Simulators 9 August 30th 05 08:38 PM
2004 Audi A8 Reliability Problems Streetrunner Audi 5 January 4th 05 02:42 AM
Very medicore mech reliability JD Power scores for 2001 Audi A6? [email protected] Technology 4 December 22nd 04 12:34 PM
Audi All Road reliability LIW Audi 2 November 3rd 04 08:39 PM
95 audi 90 reliability? andy Audi 2 November 3rd 04 01:21 AM