Audi Reliability Unacceptable by US Standards

Old October 28th 10, 05:14 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mike G Cornell

Default Audi Reliability Unacceptable by US Standards

Once again, Audis are full of fail.

Audi just cannot seem to pull their head out of their arse when it
comes to reliability. American cars are no great shakes either, seems
the Japanese locked away the secrets when Deming taught them how to do
it.

http://autos.aol.com/article/consume...reliable-cars/

Old November 1st 10, 10:10 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

Horse caca. I have a 2003 Audi RS6. Yes, it required shocks (after a
normal driving period), along with brakes (normal wear and tear). But
*nothing* else. I laugh at some of the fairly new cars I see on the
roads, US, Japan, Korean, with one headlight burned out. The Audi
lights (all of them) have never been replaced and I drive *all* the
time with my lights ON. My wife's Lexus: Needed a brake job within
one year of purchase. Was not her fault - something wrong with the
original brakes. HI headlight burned out - Toyota wanted $1400 to
replace (I kid you not). Finally bought a set of normal headlights
(not HI) and had them installed.

I will continue to buy Audi because I have been with them since 1982.
My RS6 is the sixth Audi since then, and I have never had an issue with
*any* of them. My grandsons drive S4s, while my son-in-law still
drives my 2000 A6 4.2 with over 170K on it.

So, go masturbate somewhere else, Troll.

Dave

Old November 2nd 10, 04:14 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mike G Cornell

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 18:10:51 -0400, D. LaCourse >
wrote:

> My wife's Lexus: Needed a brake job within
>one year of purchase. Was not her fault - something wrong with the
>original brakes. HI headlight burned out - Toyota wanted $1400 to
>replace (I kid you not). Finally bought a set of normal headlights
>(not HI) and had them installed.

>So, go masturbate somewhere else, Troll.

So you'd like us to believe your wife put enough miles on her Lexus in
less than 12 months to exceed warranty? Credibility denied.
Old November 3rd 10, 10:00 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

On Nov 2, 6:14*am, Mike G Cornell > wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 18:10:51 -0400, D. LaCourse >
> wrote:
>
> > My wife's Lexus: *Needed a brake job within
> >one year of purchase. *Was not her fault - something wrong with the
> >original brakes. *HI headlight burned out - Toyota wanted $1400 to
> >replace (I kid you not). *Finally bought a set of normal headlights
> >(not HI) and had them installed.
> >So, go masturbate somewhere else, Troll.

> So you'd like us to believe your wife put enough miles on her Lexus in
> less than 12 months to exceed warranty? *Credibility denied.

It seems that you have never owned a Japanese car.
The warranty does not include such items.

Luc
Old November 3rd 10, 10:52 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

On 2010-11-03 06:00:47 -0400, laurentien > said:

> On Nov 2, 6:14*am, Mike G Cornell > wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 18:10:51 -0400, D. LaCourse >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> My wife's Lexus: *Needed a brake job within
>>> one year of purchase. *Was not her fault - something wrong with the
>>> original brakes. *HI headlight burned out - Toyota wanted $1400 to
>>> replace (I kid you not). *Finally bought a set of normal headlights
>>> (not HI) and had them installed.
>>> So, go masturbate somewhere else, Troll.

>> So you'd like us to believe your wife put enough miles on her Lexus in
>> less than 12 months to exceed warranty? *Credibility denied.

> It seems that you have never owned a Japanese car.
> The warranty does not include such items.
>
> Luc

I'm sorry, Luc, but you are wrong. The Lexus HI lights would have been
covered under the warranty, but the car was out of warranty time. My
point of mentioning the HI lights was that the Lexus was only 5 years
old, barely out of warranty and the headlights go bad, while my Audi
with 8 years of service still has its HI lights. I've had few problems
with my Audi - normal wear and tear stuff - while the Lexus has been in
the shop often. Cornell's premice was that Japanese cars are better
than German. Yeah, maybe, but that is not what I have experienced.
Besides, most Japanese cars are dull and boring front drivers. The
Germans know how to build are car. Period.

Dave

Old November 4th 10, 08:42 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

On Nov 3, 12:52*pm, D. LaCourse > wrote:
> On 2010-11-03 06:00:47 -0400, laurentien > said:
>

> > On Nov 2, 6:14*am, Mike G Cornell > wrote:

> >> So you'd like us to believe your wife put enough miles on her Lexus in
> >> less than 12 months to exceed warranty? *Credibility denied.

> > It seems that you have never owned a Japanese car.
> > The warranty does not include such items.

> > Luc

> I'm sorry, Luc, but you are wrong. *The Lexus HI lights would have been
> covered under the warranty, but the car was out of warranty time. *My
> point of mentioning the HI lights was that the Lexus was only 5 years
> old, barely out of warranty and the headlights go bad, while my Audi
> with 8 years of service still has its HI lights. *I've had few problems
> with my Audi - normal wear and tear stuff - while the Lexus has been in
> the shop often. *Cornell's premice was that Japanese cars are better
> than German. *Yeah, maybe, but that is not what I have experienced. *
> Besides, most Japanese cars are dull and boring front drivers. *The
> Germans know how to build are car. *Period.
>
> Dave

Well, granted for Toyota. In your case Toyota was more honest than
Mazda.

My experience with the 7 year fantastic warranties provided by Mazda
in Canada was that they did not cover such items. Mazda did cost me a
lot of money with very expensive service fees in order to keep the
warranty. But, it was not really covering everything. For example, I
had to change the cylinder on my hatchback and it was not under
warranty.

The only Japanese car which would be good enough to match the top
German cars is the Nissan Skyline which also comes into sedan versions
and also the Infinity Q45. But this car was never sold in America.

But can any Japanese sedan come even close to an A6 or M5 ?

Luc Rolland
Old November 2nd 10, 10:07 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
David

> The Audi lights (all of them) have never been replaced and I drive *all*
> the
> time with my lights ON.

That is the International sign of the "I've got a small weaner club".

****.

Old November 2nd 10, 02:05 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

On 2010-11-02 06:07:47 -0400, "David" > said:

>> The Audi lights (all of them) have never been replaced and I drive *all*
>> the
>> time with my lights ON.

> That is the International sign of the "I've got a small weaner club".
>
> ****.

If I was driving with my fog lights on I would agree. But, not with
headlights (on low beam). And why are you so interested in my or
anyone else's weaner <sic>?

Why are you posting anonymously? Afraid? Of what? Scaredy cat!

Dave

Old November 2nd 10, 02:27 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

So, Mike and Anonymouse "David", what kind of cars do you drive? Front
wheel drive rice burners? You would **** your pants if you drove a
real car like my RS6 or any of the M machines BMW offers, or any of the
AMGs MB offers.

Dave LaCourse
03 Audi RS6

Old November 2nd 10, 04:20 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
David

"D. LaCourse" > wrote in message
> So, Mike and Anonymouse "David", what kind of cars do you drive? Front
> wheel drive rice burners? You would **** your pants if you drove a real
> car like my RS6 or any of the M machines BMW offers, or any of the AMGs MB
> offers.
>
> Dave LaCourse
> 03 Audi RS6

You will find that, on average, (although you may be lucky), that the newer
cars get, the less reliable they will become as they get older.
I doubt very much a new Audi will be as reliable as the ones you have had. I
used to work for VAG, I do know.

Actually, my BMW has more torque (stock, I know yours is modified) than your
RS6, but less power. It also does twice the m.p.g than your RS6, with half
of the pollution.

Your RS6 comes as four wheel drive and does not lose traction so easily. I
think you would find my BMW more difficult to control than your RS6 when
driven hard.

Yes, those of us with problems (sometimes self-perceived), do tend to
intimidate others, or be more assertive than needed, just as you are now.

regards

David

RSC behavior UNACCEPTABLE reggie white Simulators 9 August 30th 05 08:38 PM
2004 Audi A8 Reliability Problems Streetrunner Audi 5 January 4th 05 02:42 AM
Very medicore mech reliability JD Power scores for 2001 Audi A6? [email protected] Technology 4 December 22nd 04 12:34 PM
Audi All Road reliability LIW Audi 2 November 3rd 04 08:39 PM
95 audi 90 reliability? andy Audi 2 November 3rd 04 01:21 AM