Did RSC change their warning system?

Old October 17th 05, 10:45 AM
Jeff Reid

Default Did RSC change their warning system?

One of my friends noticed that it looks like there's been an update
to the RSC forum software. I went over to his house to see this for
myself.

It appears that there's a new warning bar (like a damage bar in a
game), but a member only sees his warning bar and not anyone
else's. Also there's only text for banned members, no black icons
on them. Don't know if there are yellow or red waring icons attached
to posts anymore. If these are gone, it's a good change for RSC.

We also noticed another cool improvement, a little light avatar that
glows green if that member is presently online at RSC. There are
some other icons like ICQ or AIM (if I remember correctly).

Anyone here notice these or any other changes?

Old October 17th 05, 12:42 PM
ymenard

>"Jeff Reid" > wrote
> Anyone here notice these or any other changes?

Shut it, shut it, shut it.

No really, shut it!

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old October 17th 05, 12:52 PM
Jeff Reid

>> Anyone here notice these or any other changes?
> Shut it

Hey, I'm not complaning, looks like a good thing. We checked again,
and they now have little icons for all the ways a member can receive
instant messages or emails (ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, ...).

Old October 17th 05, 04:41 PM
Sidney H Bridge

Jeff Reid wrote:
> One of my friends noticed that it looks like there's been an update
> to the RSC forum software. I went over to his house to see this for
> myself.

The same friend who has the same IP as you?
Old October 17th 05, 06:19 PM
Darus

Shhhhhh......he's an "invisible" friend.

Old October 17th 05, 11:42 PM
Jeff Reid

>> One of my friends noticed that it looks like there's been an update
>> to the RSC forum software. I went over to his house to see this for
>> myself.

> The same friend who has the same IP as you?

Can't be, he was banned, remember?

Old October 17th 05, 11:45 PM
Jeff Reid

I don't know if RSC changed because they wanted to, or if
it was just because of the new forum software they are using.
Either way, it's a better forum for it.

No one else here seems to care, so I'm not expecting any
reasonable replies here.

Old October 18th 05, 12:34 AM
Scirocco

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message
> It appears that there's a new warning bar (like a damage bar in a
> game), but a member only sees his warning bar and not anyone
> else's. Also there's only text for banned members, no black icons
> on them. Don't know if there are yellow or red waring icons attached
> to posts anymore. If these are gone, it's a good change for RSC.

AHAHAHA, taken from an online cache of the rules before the upgrade:
**All warnings will be public unless it is deemed that a PM or other private
method would be more suitable for an infraction.**

Whether or not that'll change, I don't know. You don't think you live in a
world with no rules and no consequences for your actions, do you?

> We also noticed another cool improvement, a little light avatar that
> glows green if that member is presently online at RSC. There are
> some other icons like ICQ or AIM (if I remember correctly).
>
> Anyone here notice these or any other changes?

Nope, I didn't notice new icons. I've seen those for a loooooooooong time
now.....

Old October 18th 05, 02:02 AM
Jeff Reid

> **All warnings will be public unless it is deemed that a PM or other private method would be more suitable for an
> infraction.**

As long as it's documented (unlike before), that's OK too.

Old October 18th 05, 02:33 PM
The drummer for Def Leppard only has one arm.

I for one welcome our new racingsim website overlords.

Tire Pressure Monitor Luke Corvette 56 September 3rd 05 10:11 PM
Tire Pressure Monitor Luke Technology 58 September 2nd 05 06:47 AM
RSC's warning system, racist? Jeff Reid Simulators 13 August 31st 05 02:06 PM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
Flush Radiator - Opinions Richard Saturn 7 April 4th 05 04:59 PM