GTL reboots my machine?

Old October 12th 05, 04:54 PM
G. Patricks

Default GTL reboots my machine?

Downloaded it twice, very strange.. Starts, goes to Main screen,
boom.. reboot.

Old October 12th 05, 06:03 PM
Driver

> Downloaded it twice, very strange.. Starts, goes to Main screen,
> boom.. reboot.

Update StarForce Drivers:

http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=91
Old October 12th 05, 06:21 PM
Chad Rogers

Downloaded it twice?

Old October 12th 05, 06:32 PM
G. Patricks

Sorry for the confusion, it's the DEMO..

Old October 12th 05, 06:32 PM
G. Patricks

Old October 12th 05, 07:48 PM
Peter

2005-10-12, Driver wrote:

>> Downloaded it twice, very strange.. Starts, goes to Main screen,
>> boom.. reboot.
>>

> Update StarForce Drivers:
>
> http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=91

It seems a bit backwards that we have to update their copyprotection to
get the game running...

-peter (didn't buy GTL because of starforce, but doubts anyone cares)

Old October 12th 05, 08:36 PM
Driver

> 2005-10-12, Driver wrote:
>
>>>Downloaded it twice, very strange.. Starts, goes to Main screen,
>>>boom.. reboot.
>>>

>>Update StarForce Drivers:
>>
>>http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=91

> It seems a bit backwards that we have to update their copyprotection to
> get the game running...
>
> -peter (didn't buy GTL because of starforce, but doubts anyone cares)

Yes that`s true but i had the same problem and updateing the StarForce
Drivers did solve it..
Old October 12th 05, 09:09 PM
PlowBoy

yeah and if that doesnt do it, it is your antivirus software, I have to
create an "exception" for the EXE in the installed folder, then all was
well... that is AFTER I went and forced SForce update, by downloading from
a site, mentioned at Race Sim Central's GLT forum.
Driver enlightened us with:

Old October 12th 05, 09:46 PM
Tony Rickard

G. Patricks wrote:
> Downloaded it twice, very strange.. Starts, goes to Main screen,
> boom.. reboot.

Disabling Avast anti virus cured the problem for me.

Hope this helps
Tony
Old October 12th 05, 11:07 PM
Robin Lord

> Disabling Avast anti virus cured the problem for me.
>
> Hope this helps
> Tony

I had to uninstall ZoneAlarm here

Robin