Christmas gift, 4" lift, rear track bar question

Old December 26th 04, 05:25 AM
pbarton

Default Christmas gift, 4" lift, rear track bar question

Hi,
97 TJ, 4.0L. Got a 4" lift kit. Busy today putting it all together,
almost done. The front track bar had a repositioning component so the front
track bar lined up. There is no rear repositioning component. I would
guess that right over the passenger's side rear wheel is best to make the
modification. I had to remove one side of the track bar to get the new
springs in. It is a simple Trail Master lift kit. Do lift companies
provide these? I am about 2 inches off. I have metal and drills, no
welding equipment. What should I do? Merry Christmas.

thanks,
Paul

Old December 26th 04, 07:03 AM
DougW

pbarton did pass the time by typing:
> Hi,
> 97 TJ, 4.0L. Got a 4" lift kit. Busy today putting it all together,
> almost done. The front track bar had a repositioning component so the front
> track bar lined up. There is no rear repositioning component. I would
> guess that right over the passenger's side rear wheel is best to make the
> modification. I had to remove one side of the track bar to get the new
> springs in. It is a simple Trail Master lift kit. Do lift companies
> provide these? I am about 2 inches off. I have metal and drills, no
> welding equipment. What should I do? Merry Christmas.

They make adjustable track bars or you can have someone cut and
extend your stock bar. For the rear wheels it doesn't make much
difference (apart from track). The real problem comes when the front
geometry is thrown off.

A couple of em:
http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catal...oducts_id/1622
http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catal...oducts_id/1659

The rest of em:
http://tinyurl.com/4x2rw

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://members.cox.net/wilsond
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Old December 27th 04, 08:35 PM
IsellJeeps

Do you go wheeling in houston?

Old December 27th 04, 10:33 PM
twaldron

Did your kit come with a rear trackbar bracket? The cheaper fix would be
to use one of these. My RE 4.5" kit came with one, but my axle was still
1/4" off, so I purchased their Adj. Rear Trackbar. All it did was move
the axle toward the driver side to make it 1/4" off the other direction.
I have since removed it.

pbarton wrote:
> Hi,
> 97 TJ, 4.0L. Got a 4" lift kit. Busy today putting it all together,
> almost done. The front track bar had a repositioning component so the front
> track bar lined up. There is no rear repositioning component. I would
> guess that right over the passenger's side rear wheel is best to make the
> modification. I had to remove one side of the track bar to get the new
> springs in. It is a simple Trail Master lift kit. Do lift companies
> provide these? I am about 2 inches off. I have metal and drills, no
> welding equipment. What should I do? Merry Christmas.
>
> thanks,
> Paul

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)