F1C...forgot this one

Old October 23rd 05, 12:11 AM
G. Beard

Default F1C...forgot this one

Is there a way to get mirrors in the in-car view in the WGTS mod? In some
cars I can see the bottom left hand corner of the rear view mirror, but that
small piece of mirror is not very helpful. In most cars I don't get any
mirrors. I tried increasing the resolution, but that didn't help either.
Is this common with this mod, or is it a problem on my end?

Thanks again,
Gary Beard

Old October 23rd 05, 12:24 AM
V \fnugen\

Try going into the "trackname.scn" file and look for the line near the top
under the MAS files..........copy the whole "view=mainview" to a safe area
and paste this in, see if it works. If not, sorry......replace with original
text again. Hope it helps.......I've had this happen a bunch of times and I
believe this is what I did to fix it.

View=mainview
{
Clear=False
Color=(0, 0, 0)
Size=(1.0, 1.0) Center=(0.5, 0.5)
FOV=(77.75, 62.50)
ClipPlanes=(0.00, 750.00)
View=rearview
{
Clear=True
Color=(149, 218, 254)
Size=(512.0, 512.0) Center=(256.0, 256.0)
FOV=(62.5, 62.5)
ClipPlanes=(0.50, 150.00)
}
}

Verne

Old October 23rd 05, 12:58 AM
G. Beard

Thanks Verne,
I'll give it a shot and let you know if it works.

--
Gary Beard

Old October 23rd 05, 01:14 AM
G. Beard

Verne,
That didn't help...I didn't even notice a difference (testing at Indy). It
appears like my view is from too close to the steering wheel and I can't
even see the spot the mirror SHOULD be. Maybe if I use the "look right" key
I'll see the mirror. I'll try that.

--
Gary Beard

Old October 23rd 05, 04:23 AM
G. Beard

Verne,
I ran some laps in a Ferrari and sure enough when I look to the right
there's a mirror. But it's somewhat difficult to hit the "look right" key
just to check the mirror. Is there a way to move the mirror so it's more in
view by default?
I was making laps in the Vette earlier which had no interior mirror, so when
I looked right I figured I was missing part of the install.

Thanks again for the help,
Gary Beard

Old October 23rd 05, 08:06 AM
V \fnugen\

Okay try this, again back up any files. Go into the team and car folder to
change this. Open the XXXX.veh file, look for the "Eyepoint=(0.X0, 0.XX,
0.XX)" , play with them a little at a time, that should move you back and
forward...up and down according to personal choice. I believe the last
number is the fore/aft number. Start by jumping it up say 10, save......then
run game, use that car and see if it helps you out. The other change I
posted is to make the mirrors gain a full image. Keep that one in mind if
you come across that, it happens. Hope this one does the trick for you.
Again, copy the VEH file to another folder and play with the numbers. Once
you get it working, you'll spend some time tweaking seating in all the other
cars.

Verne

m...

Old October 23rd 05, 12:14 PM
Stephan Paskert

"G. Beard sbcglobal.net>" <gbeard12@<delete> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is there a way to get mirrors in the in-car view in the WGTS mod? In some
> cars I can see the bottom left hand corner of the rear view mirror, but
> that
> small piece of mirror is not very helpful. In most cars I don't get any
> mirrors. I tried increasing the resolution, but that didn't help either.
> Is this common with this mod, or is it a problem on my end?

Hi,

I could not figure out your email-adress, otherwise I would have send you a
patch called "The G-Guide - Updated DEFAULT.CFG file for WGTS mod giving
decent Cockpit view".
You can get it he http://users.telenet.be/G-Guide/WGTSdefaultcfg.rar

So did you already try the championship-mode? If you did, does the
point-scoring system work for you? When I tried to do a championship (I
edited the championship-schedule-file i. e. deleted some of the tracks from
it) it wasn´t awarding championship points to anyone.

> Thanks again,
> Gary Beard

Stephan