Become Fuel Efficient Using GPS Tracking

Old September 2nd 05, 07:45 PM
sam18

Default Become Fuel Efficient Using GPS Tracking

For the fleet owners or managers, the quickest way to maximize your
fuel dollars is with a GPS tracking device. If you can see everywhere
the trucks have been, how likely is it that your employees will run
around needlessly on personal errands in a company truck. At
$3-4gallon it does not take long at all for our Shadow Tracker Jr
($300/vehicle) or Shadow Tracker Premier ($500/vehicle) to pay for
itself. Here at ATTI, we are going to do our part to assist people
during these tough times and treat everyday like the end of the month.
Call us @ 800-279-0035, and we will give you the best price possible.

http://www.advantrack.com/#101

Old September 3rd 05, 03:38 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On 2 Sep 2005 11:45:00 -0700, "sam18" > wrote:

>For the fleet owners or managers, the quickest way to maximize your
>fuel dollars is with a GPS tracking device. If you can see everywhere
>the trucks have been, how likely is it that your employees will run
>around needlessly on personal errands in a company truck. At
>$3-4gallon it does not take long at all for our Shadow Tracker Jr
>($300/vehicle) or Shadow Tracker Premier ($500/vehicle) to pay for
>itself. Here at ATTI, we are going to do our part to assist people
>during these tough times and treat everyday like the end of the month.
>Call us @ 800-279-0035, and we will give you the best price possible.

But does it show a live satellite photo of your car (with the car
highlighted) on a web site?

Old September 6th 05, 04:55 PM
sam18

Scott,

>From you question, It sounds as if you may be looking for some kind of

dispatching solution. The systems used in that manner require a
monthly service charge, and you would need to research the
communication network coverage in your specific areas. Your standard
updates would be anywhere between 2- 15 minutes apart, and have the
associated fee of $30-$50 a month per vehicle. Also the current systems
with immediate Integrated satellite imaging, and communication are much
more expensive and too costly for most companies to afford.
The systems we specialize in are for complete record keeping, and
accountability with NO MONTHLY FEE. If you are looking for a system
that will show you every move made by your drivers including: speed,
mileage, stop, and idle time reports we would be able to help you. The
difference between these two types of systems all come down to
scheduled and on demand immediate communication, compared to a full
historical account.
If you would like more information on the different types of systems
available, or respectable companies within our industry, you are more
than welcome to give me a call. I appreciate your time and interest,
and wish the best of luck to your company.
Respectfully,

Benjamin Van Avery
ATTI Acct. Rep.
(800) 279-0035

"Knowledge is power, and providing you with the knowledge you need is
our business"

Old September 6th 05, 05:20 PM
John S.

sam18 wrote:
> For the fleet owners or managers, the quickest way to maximize your
> fuel dollars is with a GPS tracking device.

If you can see everywhere
> the trucks have been, how likely is it that your employees will run
> around needlessly on personal errands in a company truck.

How would your system project or establish how likely it would be for
certain emplyees to run around needlessly.

> At
> $3-4gallon it does not take long at all for our Shadow Tracker Jr
> ($300/vehicle) or Shadow Tracker Premier ($500/vehicle) to pay for
> itself.

If fuel usage is the concern wouldn't an engine/fuel usage tracking and
transmitting device provide more meaningful information? You could
track average, max,min data for rpms, fuel consumption, miles traveled,
speed and lots of other statistics that impact cost of operation.

Old September 7th 05, 05:40 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On 6 Sep 2005 08:55:11 -0700, "sam18" > wrote:

>From you question, It sounds as if you may be looking for some kind of
>dispatching solution.

I'm not really looking for any solution, I was merely wondering how
your system compares to a system that was described here a few months
ago. That system relayed near-real-time telemetry from the vehicle
using a commercial CDPD service provider and offered to plt the
vehicle's position on both maps and aerial photographs.

Sounds like yours is more of a "black box" that records data and
allows the track log to be downloaded once the vehicle returns "home."

Old September 7th 05, 07:35 PM
Sam18

Our systems record GPS information on a 10 second interval. We then
take this information and create usable reports for management to
review and establish any unauthorized or needless routes / stops. Using
these reports managers can address both positive and negative conduct
and productivity of the employees. The greatest benefits you receive
from a GPS system will come when your drivers know a system is on their
vehicle. Once drivers know they are being tracked, unauthorized use
diminishes immediately and prevention will save your company more money
than punishment.

Old September 8th 05, 05:33 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On 7 Sep 2005 11:35:05 -0700, "Sam18" > wrote:

>Our systems record GPS information on a 10 second interval. We then
>take this information and create usable reports for management to
>review and establish any unauthorized or needless routes / stops. Using
>these reports managers can address both positive and negative conduct
>and productivity of the employees. The greatest benefits you receive
>from a GPS system will come when your drivers know a system is on their
>vehicle. Once drivers know they are being tracked, unauthorized use
>diminishes immediately and prevention will save your company more money
>than punishment.

These systems have the same effect on teenage kids.

I installed a GPS tracking system with real-time telemetry in the car
I allow my teenaged son to drive. At first he was upset, but he
quickly got over it - no doubt the alternative (walking) was still
less attractive than being tracked.

The entire time he drove with the unit in the car, he was on his very
best behavior - he drove exactly as he would have had I been sitting
in the passenger's seat.

Old September 8th 05, 04:21 PM
Sam18

We also have a system to monitor travel activities of private vehicles.
Affectionately called the "Kid Tracker," TravelEyes2=99
www.traveleyes.com can keep a watchful eye on your new teen driver,
recording vehicle route, stops, speed and more.. When your teen goes
off to college, you can ensure he or she arrives safely using the
correct route with this automated tracking system. TravelEyes2=99 is
designed to be concealed within the vehicle, allowing you to record the
complete travel activities of your vehicle... anywhere... anytime. Why
engage in the dangerous practice of following a vehicle when you can
quickly and easily let TravelEyes2=99 do the work for you?

Old September 11th 05, 03:57 AM
Alexander Rogge

> The entire time he drove with the unit in the car, he was on his very
> best behavior - he drove exactly as he would have had I been sitting
> in the passenger's seat.

Does it prevent him from blocking the passing lane and acting Slothly?
Old September 11th 05, 08:58 PM
Scott en Aztlán

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 02:57:46 +0000, Alexander Rogge
> wrote:

>> The entire time he drove with the unit in the car, he was on his very
>> best behavior - he drove exactly as he would have had I been sitting
>> in the passenger's seat.

>Does it prevent him from blocking the passing lane and acting Slothly?

If it did, I would install these boxes clandestinely in every car I
could find.