1968 Pontiac GTO.

Old May 29th 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Lostwave

Default 1968 Pontiac GTO.

On May 26, 12:12 pm, (Marc Gerges) wrote:
> > wrote:
>
> > Do you think the following would lower the resale value:
> > Convert to disc brakes.
> > Convert to power windows.
> > Add headers instead of stock exhaust manifolds.

> I wouldn't care about things like resale value - either you can afford
> it or you can't.
>
> I wonder why you bought the car? If you wanted disc brakes, power
> windows and other stuff - why not buy a car that has the stuff you like?
>
> cu
> .\\arc

Well, I bought the car to drive it. And I thought it would be nice to
make those modifications. Which is why I asked on this board. But,
from the advice of all of you, it sounds like a bad idea, so I will
keep it as it is. It drives just fine and doesn't need those things
at all, just thought it would be nice. If it detracts from the value,
then if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Bone stock it is.

Thanks all.