FS: 1952 Fargo PU

Old June 11th 07, 05:41 PM posted to alt.autos.antique,ns.forsale,rec.autos.antique
Jeff Bates

Default FS: 1952 Fargo PU

Found this one in a prairie salvage yard and thought it was worth saving.
According to the license plate on it, they stopped using it on the farm
about 1967. It earned some dents and a couple of bangs but hasn't got much
rust other than the surface.
It is now parked in my driveway, near Parrsboro Nova Scotia

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...%20Fargo%20PU/

Asking $1800
For a phone #, email Jeff at
or

Old June 12th 07, 01:49 PM posted to alt.autos.antique,ns.forsale,rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny

I've never heard of one. Is that some sort of Canadian version of
Dodge?

Old June 13th 07, 03:11 AM posted to alt.autos.antique,ns.forsale,rec.autos.antique
Bob Greene

YUP!!!!
oups.com...

Old June 13th 07, 02:52 PM posted to alt.autos.antique,ns.forsale,rec.autos.antique
Rabbit

"Otto Skorzeny" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I've never heard of one. Is that some sort of Canadian version of
> Dodge?

It's a Dodge with a different nameplate. Mechanically, it's exactly the
same.

Canada has a different dealership system than the US. Historically, the
brands were sold in groups -- Chrysler/Plymouth and Dodge/DeSoto. That meant
that if you were a
Chrysler dealer, you didn't have a truck to sell. So the company rebadged
the Dodge as a Fargo and gave it to Chrysler dealers.

Rabbit

Old June 13th 07, 04:39 PM posted to ns.forsale,rec.autos.antique,alt.autos.antique

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 13:52:48 UTC, "Rabbit"
> wrote:

> "Otto Skorzeny" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > I've never heard of one. Is that some sort of Canadian version of
> > Dodge?
> >

> It's a Dodge with a different nameplate. Mechanically, it's exactly the
> same.
>
> Canada has a different dealership system than the US. Historically, the
> brands were sold in groups -- Chrysler/Plymouth and Dodge/DeSoto. That meant
> that if you were a
> Chrysler dealer, you didn't have a truck to sell. So the company rebadged
> the Dodge as a Fargo and gave it to Chrysler dealers.
>
> Rabbit

In the US it was always Chrysler/Plymouth, DeSoto/Plymouth, and Dodge
was the stand alone because they also had the truck line. I remember
watching "You Bet Your Life" with the old DeSoto/Plymouth Dealers ads.
--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"