The REAL Reason You're Broke

Old January 17th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers
jaded

Default The REAL Reason You're Broke

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...oureBroke.aspx
>
> For a huge number of troubled debtors, it all began with a car. Too
> much car, financed too long, traded too soon.
>
> By Liz Pulliam Weston
>
> If you're constantly broke and can't figure out why, the answer may be
> sitting in your driveway.

The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. They have to have new
wheels every 3 years with financing financing and more financing; usually
getting ripped with the trade-in too.

I HATE debt but admit that I did get a 2-year car loan in 2000, and bought
a 1998 BMW for 24,000. My monthly payment was a whopping $687
a month, but I knew it was coming and could afford it (and knew it wouldn't
last but two years). I also bought from an individual, not a dealership, so
saved
$1680 in sales tax right off the bat. I'm still driving the car, it still
looks great,
and I'll drive it probably for years more. I also have a 1990 car that
still
runs great and looks better than some cars 10 years newer. A little proper
maintenance and upkeep go a long way. I also had a 15-year mortgage
that I paid off in six! I have no debts whatever. Debt is evil and so
is interest. If people would learn that, they likely wouldn't be so broke.

The REAL Reason You're Broke Driving 46 January 21st 07 08:11 PM
The REAL Reason You're Broke MLOM Driving 21 January 21st 07 05:15 PM
The REAL Reason You're Broke Ted Kennedy - President of DDDAMM (Drunk Driving Divers Against Mad Mothers) Driving 5 January 18th 07 03:09 AM
The REAL Reason You're Broke Matthew T. Russotto Driving 0 January 16th 07 08:28 PM
The real reason for opposition to red light cameras K Smythe Driving 39 May 3rd 05 03:53 PM