New Camry Or Accord ?

Old July 15th 05, 07:55 PM
Robert11

Default New Camry Or Accord ?

Hello:

Trying to decide on a new Accord or Camry.
Probably the 4 cyl, LX model.

Anyone have any reasonably strong convictions on one over the other ? Why
?

Or, is it simply a matter of price and how you fit in the front seats, since
they are both so similar ?

Any meaningful differences in overall quality, engine, transmission, etc. ?

------------
BTW: Do most folks still go with the 4 cyl. ? Strong "enough" ?

Much thanks,
Bob

Old July 16th 05, 12:25 AM

"Robert11" > wrote in message
news
> Hello:
>
> Trying to decide on a new Accord or Camry.
> Probably the 4 cyl, LX model.
>
> Anyone have any reasonably strong convictions on one over the other ?

Why

> Or, is it simply a matter of price and how you fit in the front seats,

since
> they are both so similar ?
>
> Any meaningful differences in overall quality, engine, transmission, etc.

?

I asked the same question earlier and didnt get a concensus. Both are
apparently very good
machines.

Personally, I have heard more 'aw ****' stories about Honda than I have
about Toyota.

But both seem to be highly valued.

Old July 16th 05, 02:33 AM
MisterSkippy

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:55:29 -0400, "Robert11" >
wrote:

>Hello:
>
>Trying to decide on a new Accord or Camry.
>Probably the 4 cyl, LX model.
>
>Anyone have any reasonably strong convictions on one over the other ? Why
>?
>
>Or, is it simply a matter of price and how you fit in the front seats, since
>they are both so similar ?
>
>Any meaningful differences in overall quality, engine, transmission, etc. ?
>
>------------
>BTW: Do most folks still go with the 4 cyl. ? Strong "enough" ?
>
>Much thanks,
>Bob

Friend of mine just bought a new sport model Accord because he liked
the suspension and handling a bit better than the Camry. He liked the
Camry but said it rode softer, more like a traditional sedan. He
thought the 4 was enough but the one he chose, because of the
handling, came with the 6.
My wife's '93 Camry wagon has the 6. Runs strong, even in the heavier
wagon.
You won't go wrong with either.
Old July 18th 05, 03:35 AM
Mark

MisterSkippy wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:55:29 -0400, "Robert11" >
> wrote:
>
> >Hello:
> >
> >Trying to decide on a new Accord or Camry.
> >Probably the 4 cyl, LX model.
> >
> >Anyone have any reasonably strong convictions on one over the other ? Why
> >?
> >
> >Or, is it simply a matter of price and how you fit in the front seats, since
> >they are both so similar ?
> >
> >Any meaningful differences in overall quality, engine, transmission, etc. ?
> >
> >------------
> >BTW: Do most folks still go with the 4 cyl. ? Strong "enough" ?
> >
> >Much thanks,
> >Bob
> >

> Friend of mine just bought a new sport model Accord because he liked
> the suspension and handling a bit better than the Camry. He liked the
> Camry but said it rode softer, more like a traditional sedan. He
> thought the 4 was enough but the one he chose, because of the
> handling, came with the 6.
> My wife's '93 Camry wagon has the 6. Runs strong, even in the heavier
> wagon.
> You won't go wrong with either.

Read up on interference engines. The Accord (as do all Hondas Ithink)
has an interference engine, the Camry does not. Find out what that
means if your timing belt should break. If that bothers you then you
have a reason to choose. I like to keep a car as long as it runs and I
don't like the idea of having an engine destroy itself should a belt
break.

YMMV.

Mark

Old July 18th 05, 11:30 PM
Frank Knight

Can't go wrong with the new Camry, 160hp 4 is plenty and gets great mielage.
At 15K-16K, a bargain comparitively. We have 5 toyotas currently,and I have
bought Toyotas since '83. Got 243K on my first one, then sold for 25% of
new price, still running perfectly, no oil use, and no major repairs. Have
an Avalon with the V6, but the 4 is plenty unless in Mountains/High
Altitude. Accord does cost more than Camry.
news